Sony: "Own a Vita? Black Friday isn't for you"

idillicah

PSLS Level: Bronze
Well, another great sale "holiday" has come and Vita has been left behind yet again. The flash sale for Black Friday on the PSN Store has been announced and is already live, and doesn't include a single Vita game.

Not one.

Needless to say, I'm disappointed, not least because I'm always the guy that goes "oh yeah, Sony hasn't forgotten the Vita, we still get games, we still get support, yada yada yada".

Anybody else here who waited for a decent Black Friday sale for Vita and got naught?

Well, I just got my R;b1 so I don't have anything to spend anyways, but I wish Danganronpa 2 would be on sale thou. XD

Did you really? that makes me genuinely happy! I hope you enjoy it! Be sure to drop me a line when you get a chance to play it.

And I agree, I would have bought Danganronpa 2 in a second.

In which case all you need is a euro acct, you don't need to live there.

And another memory card or the patience to transfer stuff back and forth.

Not the point, though, is it?
1. There should have been a decent sale in North America. They've hinted that decent sales are coming within the next few weeks, which I'm assuming will start next Tuesday. Again, not the point. They want my money, they should work for it, and they should work for it as much as anyone else if they want to be competitive.

2. Why the fragmentation? I'm pissed off because we didn't get the same sales as PAL, but PAL is usually just as pissed off. PAL and NA regions have very similar DRM laws, copyright laws and so on. Why not unify? Japan I can understand, but this is just plain stupid.

Is there a workaround? Yeah, but there shouldn't have to be.

I'm also a content creator (music, video and design) and it's part of my job to avoid piracy and illegal use of my properties, and part of that is balancing the costs and offers so that people who want access to my content are able to do so legally without much hassle.

If I'm the one setting up the roadblocks for access to my content, who am I gonna blame when people go to ThePirateBay and download the crap out of my stuff?

And another memory card or the patience to transfer stuff back and forth.

Not the point, though, is it?
1. There should have been a decent sale in North America. They've hinted that decent sales are coming within the next few weeks, which I'm assuming will start next Tuesday. Again, not the point. They want my money, they should work for it, and they should work for it as much as anyone else if they want to be competitive.

2. Why the fragmentation? I'm pissed off because we didn't get the same sales as PAL, but PAL is usually just as pissed off. PAL and NA regions have very similar DRM laws, copyright laws and so on. Why not unify? Japan I can understand, but this is just plain stupid.

Is there a workaround? Yeah, but there shouldn't have to be.

I'm also a content creator (music, video and design) and it's part of my job to avoid piracy and illegal use of my properties, and part of that is balancing the costs and offers so that people who want access to my content are able to do so legally without much hassle.

If I'm the one setting up the roadblocks for access to my content, who am I gonna blame when people go to ThePirateBay and download the crap out of my stuff?

True, the US could use some better sales. I'm not saying we don't get any at all, but it couldn't hurt.

The Vita just isn't going to get the attention it deserves from Sony and that is something we all just need to live with...

The Vita just isn't going to get the attention it deserves from Sony and that is something we all just need to live with...

Nah, this is a sword I'll die on, haha. I'm tweeting the fuck out of Sony people, and comment everywhere. They might listen. At least a little bit. Can't really complain if I don't do my bit to change what I don't like though, so... I'll do my bit.

Also, another large part of my complaint is fragmentation, which is a problem across all platforms, not just Vita (example: excellent sale in EU vs. US.. why? Different release dates...why? So on).

The PSP sold well and it was considered a 2nd class citizen to Sony. So I'm not surprised at how they've treated the Vita. Just disappointed.

Look at the retail Minecraft release, EU has a cart in it, while the US as a voucher =/

The PSP sold well and it was considered a 2nd class citizen to Sony. So I'm not surprised at how they've treated the Vita. Just disappointed.

Look at the retail Minecraft release, EU has a cart in it, while the US as a voucher =/

Another example of shit fragmentation issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"