Anime Films/Shows Suggestions/Tops

Howl Pendragon

PSLS Level: Bronze
As the title says, list some of your favorite anime movies on here and which ones you would suggest watching.
Just decided to combine the two topics since everyone is obviously going to suggest movies in their tops :p

Here's a few of mine:
  • Howl's Moving Castle (surprise!)
  • Summer Wars
  • Wolf Children
  • Tekkonkinkreet
  • Rebuild of Evangelion
And since you all apparently want to include anime shows :p
  • Digimon
  • Evangelion
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender (IT TOTALLY COUNTS!)
  • Attack on Titan
  • Samurai Champloo

Last edited:
::clears throat::

Saiyuki: Requiem
ALL of the Saiyuki Reload movies
ALL of the BLEACH movies
Inu yasha: Swords Of An Honorable Ruler
BOTH Yu Yu Hakusho Movies
Sengoku Basara: The Last Party
Sengoku Basara: Moonlight Party
All of the Yoroiden Samurai Troopers movies
Howls Moving Castle
the first and second Sailor Moon movies

and MANY, MANY, MANY MORE

I watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time recently, it was fantastic. Redline is also great, they really need to make a game out of that in the same vein as Wipeout and F-Zero GX

There was one anime on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network) that had a big robot or something. Only saw a couple episodes. It was called Big O or something to that nature. I could be wrong, probably am haha, but not sure on how it matches up to some of the anime series that you guys have listed.

There was one anime on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network) that had a big robot or something. Only saw a couple episodes. It was called Big O or something to that nature. I could be wrong, probably am haha, but not sure on how it matches up to some of the anime series that you guys have listed.

you're right, it was called Big O
I hated it personally.

It would seem your memory is just fine :b

Looks interesting. Sadly I was too young to know what was good to watch on Adult Swim at the time (I was 10 or so) other than DBZ so I missed a lot of good shows :(

It would seem your memory is just fine :b

Looks interesting. Sadly I was too young to know what was good to watch on Adult Swim at the time (I was 10 or so) other than DBZ so I missed a lot of good shows :(

couldn't stand dbz, but then again we all had our favorites.
-_-

As the title says, list some of your favorite anime movies on here and which ones you would suggest watching.
Just decided to combine the two topics since everyone is obviously going to suggest movies in their tops :p

Here's a few of mine:
  • Howl's Moving Castle (surprise!)
  • Summer Wars
  • Wolf Children
  • Tekkonkinkreet
  • Rebuild of Evangelion

@Howl Pendragon
NEVER would've guessed that Howl's Moving Castle would be your favorite. ::looks at your forum sn::
NOPE not at all.

^_^

*though I think the flame demon was cooler

Anything Studio Ghibli!
The series I seem to come back to are Cowboy bebop, Wolfs Rain (partly for Yoko Kanno's amazing soundtrack) and some of the classic Gundam series (Zeta Gundam). RahXephon is pretty fun too. Oh and Speed Racer too :D

Last edited:
more then half of the anime movies that have come out are by studio ghibli or pioneer, and all of the ones I've seen so far, in my opinion, kick ass

So this isn't just movies then?

Personally, I loved DBZ. And I caught that first wave of the show before it became huge in the States. Now it has become bastardized. And I didn't mind waiting a few episodes for an eight minute battle. ;) Vegeta rocks!

If we aren't sticking solely to movies, I'll list some series I greatly enjoy.

shows:

saiyuki
saiyuki reload
saiyuki reload gunlock
sengoku basara
samurai troopers (i.e. ronin warriors in America)
BLEACH

that's all off the top of my head

Alright then.

Shows/Series:

Black Butler
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Dragonball Z (Not Kai. NEVER Kai.)
Claymore
Digimon Adventure
Digimon Adventure 2
Digimon Tamers
Digimon Savers/Digital Data Squad
Monster Rancher
Avatar: The Last Airbender (I call this an "American Anime.")
Legend of Korra
Queen's Blade 1 & 2
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (So much better than the "original.")

And I'll post more later once I've remembered what I have and haven't seen.

Favorite anime films? I don't do many films, but among the ones I've watched, I've become a big Makoto Shinkai fan, so I guess pretty much anything by him. (To name a few: 5 Centimeters Per Second, The Garden of Words) Mamoru Hosoda has caught my attention in recent years as well, though. (Summer Wars, Wolf Children)

Favorite anime in general? As much as I hate trying to narrow down favorites, I've submitted to just blurting out Aria the Animation (and its following seasons) whenever asked. While I already enjoyed slice of life series beforehand, Aria really just... fully brought it out in me. Made me realize what exactly the slice of life genre was, why I enjoy it so much, and just that it is a thing and a thing that I should look for more of. And look for more of it I have done. But in the end, Aria still holds the top spot for me. Slice of life is a rather niche genre, so its appeal may not be widespread, but for anyone who enjoys it... well, frankly, I think most SoL fans are already aware of Aria, seeing as it's often considered the pinnacle of the genre. But if you don't know of it already, I highly recommend it. The series just has this magical ability to suck you out of reality and put you in a very relaxing, warm and fuzzy place.

If I had to give a top 5, then... Well, it might be a little dated by now, but I'll just give my top 5 from MyAnimeList:
(in no order of preference; just alphabetical)
- Aria the Animation (and following seasons)
- Death Note
- Eureka Seven
- Haibane Renmei
- Honey and Clover
...But really, the list could go on and on, for several different reasons. Especially with such significant differences in genres and such, it's too damn hard to narrow down a select few favorites, and especially so when it comes to recommendations. I really love a bunch of series out there, each for their own reasons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oompa08
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"