Game Company: who's your favorite and who isn't?

Jacky

PSLS Level: Silver
so what company do you like the most? and what company do you not like? and why?

(yes you can list more then one)

for me, my favorites are currently high moon, strictly because of the awesome job they did on deadpool.
platinum studios because of metal gear rising (awesome gameplay job they did on it).
and Bandai Namco for Jstars Victory Vs.
my least favorites however are CAPCOM and Ninja Theory.
Crapcom refuses to take any responsibility for anything they do wrong and seem to find it ok to place the blame on the gamers when a game goes downhill, then there is they're re-mixing of the same game over and over. the refusal to listen to the fans. (granted other companies do the same thing but crapcom seems to make it their specialty). I think out of all of the crapcom games that have come out I've only liked 3 series.
Ninja Theory does the same damn thing, and are far more arrogant and egotistical. they can make a game look pretty, but that's about it.
IN MY OPINION.

First of all I am not trying to sell you but I think I see a member of our group :) We shall see.

Well for the topic thing. I love Naughty Dog because as a child I used to play Crash Bandicoot a lot!!! Then later Uncharted was born and for me is very good. BUT later The Last of Us was announced and released and that is what is making ND one of my top Companies.

I also like Capcom because of Resident Evil, Dead Rising, Fighting games and Devil May Cry. They have given me tons of hours on my PlayStation 1, 2, 3 and soon the PS4 ( the Lord be praised if we see that soon).

Guerilla games is good for me too. Quantic Dream is one I like too because of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.

From Software Bandai Namco has become recently one of my beloved because of the pain/love they are causing me with Dark Souls 1 and 2.

Kojima is awesome too. I could not forget that one. Ubisoft is doing good for me. Not at a high high level but yeah they have been doing good. I love South Park and Assassin's Creed too.

I guess thats it.

the only crapcom series that I like is Resident Evil, Devil May Cry (1-4), and Sengoku basara. thanks for reminding me about quantic dream. loved their games.

the only crapcom series that I like is Resident Evil, Devil May Cry (1-4), and Sengoku basara. thanks for reminding me about quantic dream. loved their games.

I have to accept that Capcom has being going down hill for a couple of years. DMC and RE are my favorites from when they were more but now they are not so much to look at. I hope that now on the Next Gen we see something good from them. The only fighting game that involves Capcom that I '"like" is Marvel vs Capcom and that is because DMC and RE are involved haha.

I think Ubisoft tops my list right now. They've been putting out some awesome and innovative stuff, and they just keep dominating with great games beat after beat. Not sure who I would put at the bottom of my list. There's a lot of hits and misses, but no outright hate for anyone right now.

my favorite gaming company is and will always be squaresoft as it gave us basically most of the great j/rpgs of all time. they had original ideas for games (who would have thought a Final Fantasy/Disney crossover could work). The games they made always had a solid gameplay, a compeling story and beautiful visuals and sounds. some of the most memorable moments and characters in gaming came from their games and you can bet that there will always be a WTF moment in each game.

The company that i don't like is square-enix. Don't get me wrong, they still make great games (Ni No Kuni, Bravely Default) but lets be honest there is no way that the games they made were on par with squaresoft. They also focused so much on making visually stunning games that the gameplay and story of some of their games became a meh.

The company that i don't like is square-enix. Don't get me wrong, they still make great games (Ni No Kuni, Bravely Default) but lets be honest there is no way that the games they made were on par with squaresoft.

Whoa buddy, Square Enix had nothing to do with Ni No Kuni and that is why the game was GREAT. Ni No Kuni was developed by a collaboration of Level 5 and Studio Ghibli

Whoa buddy, Square Enix had nothing to do with Ni No Kuni and that is why the game was GREAT. Ni No Kuni was developed by Level-5.
i thought they were connected to it like as a publisher or something? oh my bad it was studio ghibli and namco, damn i feel stupid

If we are talking about publishers, it is hands down NIS America. Yes, they may not always bring over the best games, but they are always energetic and an absolute blast to work with. I could also say them on the developer side thanks to the Disgaea series but I will go with Sega on the strength of one single game, Valkyria Chronicles.

Not sure I could pick just one. But here is a quick list Mistwalker, Bioware, Level 5, Atlus, NIS (what Lifewish said), Naughty Dog, Valve, Square Enix (Bravley Default and their new position for Niche games has brought me back a bit.) Media Molecule, and probably some others I am forgetting.

Do dead companies count? I still love Squaresoft. For indie games, I like Q-Games and Muteki Corp. For newer large / AAA titles, Ubisoft, Tecmo Koei, and Sony's Worldwide Studios are murdering competition, despite Konami's studios occasionally pumping out some solid gold titles.

Edit: I can't think of any developers that I hate, but I'm not a huge fan of EA Sports.

It's cool. Whenever I get the sudden urge to play one of those games, I can always go to Gamestop and buy last year's copy for like $2. :-D

Studios I love:

• Sucker Punch is my absolute favorite studio. I'm a huge Sly Cooper & Infamous fan. I will eat out of their damn garbage!:p
  • Naughty Dog is another. The Last of Us is my favorite game of all time and I loved the Uncharted games. I was a huge fan of Jak & Daxter. Wasn't very fond of Jak II & 3 but I liked them.
  • Sony Japan is a great studio. I loved the hell out of Gravity Rush (Favorite Vita game), Puppeteer,Rain, Ico, & Shadow of the Colossus. I have yet to play Knack but I will soon, I love platformers. Hopefully we see The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 soon.
  • Rockstar because duh.
I wouldn't really say I hate any studios but Activision is pretty shit. Call of Duty 4, CoD: World at War, Singularity, Transformers: War/Fall for/of Cybertron and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions were all like 7.5 (Out of 10) games besides CoD4 because that game was so damn good. They have so much money and the games they put out are crap or just slightly good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"