Guardians of the Galaxy

Phoenix8387

PSLS Level: Bronze
Guardians has been on a teaser blast as of the last few days.

15-Second Teaser

Official Trailer

It's definitely a different feel than what we're used to seeing from Marvel, but considering how the Guardians are a lesser known property I'm not shocked they may be experiment a bit with it.

And in case anybody missed this old news, Marvel and Netflix are doing 4-series (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage) that culminate in a The Defenders mini-series.
http://marvel.com/news/tv/2013/11/7...ric_four_series_epic_plus_a_mini-series_event

And because I can't put more than 5 media in a post, here's the Meet the Guardians teasers they put up.

Meet the Guardians of the Galaxy: Rocket

Meet the Guardians of the Galaxy: Groot

Meet the Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax

Meet the Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora

Karen Gillan's (of Doctor Who fame) character Nebula can shortly be seen in this video.

Meet the Guardians of the Galaxy: Peter Quill

This looks awesome. I don't know much about the Guardians of the Galaxy in comics, but from the trailers alone it looks great.

I like the comedy approach. Considering they won't sell tickets on name alonethey need to take a different approach. I personally can't wait.

This movie looks awesome, i was skeptical when i first heard about it, but i'm glad their not going a full serious approach as GotG wasn't that serious in the comics at first. I really only know Rocket racoon from UMVC3 so its glad to see the movie looks great.

Also that info on the mini series, i had no clue, but it sounds amazing, bringing the whole marvel universe to life

Was reading through the rumors for the film, the Nova Corps will be represented. However, it appears that Nova himself will not appear, though it does appear that a Nova movie is also in the works if Guardians has success.

There's actually so many interesting rumors (and stuff I'd complain about, such as Ultron appearing before we possibly meet Hank Pym) that I may just end up starting a Marvel Universe thread.

Was reading through the rumors for the film, the Nova Corps will be represented. However, it appears that Nova himself will not appear, though it does appear that a Nova movie is also in the works if Guardians has success.

There's actually so many interesting rumors (and stuff I'd complain about, such as Ultron appearing before we possibly meet Hank Pym) that I may just end up starting a Marvel Universe thread.
See some of this stuff is getting so far into the comic lore that I don't know ANY of it. Most of this stuff is new to me.

See some of this stuff is getting so far into the comic lore that I don't know ANY of it. Most of this stuff is new to me.
The Nova Corps are basically an intergalactic police/military force. Nova is a member of the Nova Corps. Nova was trained at some point by Rocket and the rest of the Guardians.

My comment about Ultron was more about how they're doing it backward. Hank Pym a.k.a. Ant-Man (who was an original Avengers member) created Ultron and based it on his own brain patterns. So it's a bit odd that they're doing Age of Ultron before the Ant-Man movie, though we'll probably be introduced to Hank and Janet (The Wasp) in Age of Ultron.

I don't read the comics, I just started reading the Comicvine wiki to learn about characters I'm not too familiar with. Most of which I've became aware of from watching the new Avengers, Hulk and Spiderman cartoons with my nephew.

The movie looks like its going to be awesome so far.
I love that Marvel is opening up their slew of untapped characters in their cosmic universe.

Just a shame that they won't have the right to put Galactus in these films :/

If you're interested in learning more, I would suggest playing "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance". It taught me so many things I never knew about the Marvel universe, plus its a pretty fun game.

The movie looks like its going to be awesome so far.
I love that Marvel is opening up their slew of untapped characters in their cosmic universe.

Just a shame that they won't have the right to put Galactus in these films :/

If you're interested in learning more, I would suggest playing "Marvel: Ultimate Alliance". It taught me so many things I never knew about the Marvel universe, plus its a pretty fun game.
Great suggestion. I've had the game for a while, and played a bit into it and never finished it (just like most of the games in my library :p). Maybe I just need to sit down and finish playing it.

I watched Thor 2 and Man of Steel back to back yesterday... DC really needs to step up their game if they're going to pull off this Justice League movie. I can't even begin to fathom how Batman and Superman can exist within the same MoS continuity, meanwhile Marvel has me believing that Norse gods, genius playboy crime fighters, and raccoons with rifles can exist within the same universe.

Great suggestion. I've had the game for a while, and played a bit into it and never finished it (just like most of the games in my library :p). Maybe I just need to sit down and finish playing it.
Been a while since I played it (I think it was one of the last PS2 games I bought new, to give you an idea) but it really is one of the best Marvel video games, it takes everything from the X-Men Legends games and dials it up a notch. The roster and amount of content is staggering, it's a shame they totally dropped the ball on Ultimate Alliance 2.

I know that feel :p

Yeah, apparently the main story follows the comics pretty closely. And if you do the quiz mini-games you get to learn a lot more about who's friends with who, or why this guy hates that guy.

Second game isn't as great imo, but it revolves around the Civil War story line, with Iron Man and Captain America leading their own factions, so its pretty cool too.

I know that feel :p

Yeah, apparently the main story follows the comics pretty closely. And if you do the quiz mini-games you get to learn a lot more about who's friends with who, or why this guy hates that guy.

Second game isn't as great imo, but it revolves around the Civil War story line, with Iron Man and Captain America leading their own factions, so its pretty cool too.

Is it on PS3? I love the Civil War arch. They got me back into comics for a while. I'm slowly collecting them all.

Is it any good?

I remember beating the first one.

Is it on PS3? I love the Civil War arch. They got me back into comics for a while. I'm slowly collecting them all.

Is it any good?

It was pretty good, and yes it's on PS3. A bit hard to find now if I remember correctly.

I'm a big marvel fan but I've never so much as read a single comic book. I might start though, Guardians looks like an awesome series and the movie looks just as good.

Is it any good?

It's still fairly fun, especially with friends. DLC was pulled from the store years ago so you'll have to put up with a big black silhouette where Juggernaut was supposed to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"