Thoughts On The Forums

BigPete7978

PSLS Level: Silver
Soooo what does everyone think? Just wondering how you all feel about the new forums. Anything you would like to see implemented? Or any ideas?

Is it possible to have a floating chat room on the side? Might not be real great.. but sometimes you want to communicate to someone without a thread being there.

Like "Hey anyone want to play Skull Girls online?" or "I need a trophy anyone free to play?"

Is it possible to have a floating chat room on the side? Might not be real great.. but sometimes you want to communicate to someone without a thread being there.

Like "Hey anyone want to play Skull Girls online?" or "I need a trophy anyone free to play?"
You mean a shoutbox. Yes it's possible I believe. I will look into it bro.

You mean a shoutbox. Yes it's possible I believe. I will look into it bro.
Sometimes those shoutboxes aren't worth it, and are just filled with people yelling and cursing at each other, other times they make you come back. Really depends on the minions.

Shoutbox would be a good starting point though and we could monitor it to see how stupid people get :)

Some things I just noticed:

1- The forums still need a favicon for the URL bar. Right now it's the default blank page favicon, which has made me lose it in the tabs of my browser.

2- The forums need a breadcrumb style navigation "tree". Here's a page I found that describes it.

Some things I just noticed:

1- The forums still need a favicon for the URL bar. Right now it's the default blank page favicon, which has made me lose it in the tabs of my browser.

2- The forums need a breadcrumb style navigation "tree". Here's a page I found that describes it.
Just noticed the favicon after you said this, thanks for mentioning this.

As for the breadcrumb style navigation tree, that is already implemented. Here is a screenshot of it.

BreadcrumbForums_zpsf4b512eb.png

Simply clicking one of those above will take you to that specific area. :)

Just noticed the favicon after you said this, thanks for mentioning this.

As for the breadcrumb style navigation tree, that is already implemented. Here is a screenshot of it.

BreadcrumbForums_zpsf4b512eb.png

Simply clicking one of those above will take you to that specific area. :)

Ohhhhhh okay. I think I didn't quite understand that because the forums are pretty shallow so far. Like not very many breadcrumbs to follow yet.

Ohhhhhh okay. I think I didn't quite understand that because the forums are pretty shallow so far. Like not very many breadcrumbs to follow yet.
Yeah gonna take some time to get that content up. But when they officially launch I'll constantly be revising areas of the forums. So no worries.

I made a post about Flappy bird, the games it ripped off, and everything else after. Can it be a rule to delete any others?

I'm scared that there will be like 40 Flappy Bird threads when we open officially. If it doesn't become an issue it's fine, but if we get flooded, we'll need to sticky it, and delete the rest. I'm just being preemptive. Probably paranoid.

I made a post about Flappy bird, the games it ripped off, and everything else after. Can it be a rule to delete any others?

I'm scared that there will be like 40 Flappy Bird threads when we open officially. If it doesn't become an issue it's fine, but if we get flooded, we'll need to sticky it, and delete the rest. I'm just being preemptive. Probably paranoid.
Nothing wrong with being prepared :p

So, here's what I assume is a stupid question, but how does "PSLS proper" link to this? I only found it by typing it in manually. Figured I'd try since I was a member of the old forums (from a couple years ago I think) and I was surprised it worked and there were people online...

So, here's what I assume is a stupid question, but how does "PSLS proper" link to this? I only found it by typing it in manually. Figured I'd try since I was a member of the old forums (from a couple years ago I think) and I was surprised it worked and there were people online...
Lol. Well consider yourself lucky. The old forums are now gone. these are the new ones. The reason they aren't on the front end of the site is because they aren't officially launched yet, though they will be VERY soon. So congrats on finding the hidden forum. You are now a beta tester for the PSLS Forums. Post away, and get to know the people that have joined the community already.

Awesome! I haven't been as active in the comments lately, but I tend to frequent forums more. What approach are you guys taking with these? Like MacRumors (forums replaced comments) or more traditional (articles+comments separate from forums)

Awesome! I haven't been as active in the comments lately, but I tend to frequent forums more. What approach are you guys taking with these? Like MacRumors (forums replaced comments) or more traditional (articles+comments separate from forums)
We are still deciding on a lot of stuff like that and will be announcing it soon.

We are still deciding on a lot of stuff like that and will be announcing it soon.
Comments can be so annoying and worthless.

On minecraft I wanted to find information on a release date probably around october or so, and well all the comments were like "This isn't even a game"

"We want games"

"Is this even a game?"

It's much better to have forums so the same questions don't get asked every time there's a new post up. There are very few places where the comment section isn't where good ideas go to die.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"