Community Returns

Phoenix8387

PSLS Level: Bronze
Community is returning for a 6th season! After talks broke down with Hulu (who shortly thereafter ran a 'Shows that were canceled too soon' featuring Community), it's now been confirmed that it's coming back for a 6th season of 13 episodes with... Yahoo Screen. What? I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever heard of Yahoo Screen.

I personally felt like Season 5 was a bit of a mess, but still looking forward to Season 6.

http://tvline.com/2014/06/30/community-season-6-renewed-yahoo-screen/

#SixSeasonaAndAMovie

I have yet to watch the show, but have friends who loved it. What exactly is it about?
Stealing this from Wikipedia, as when I write these I tend to go overboard and meander a bit.

When his law firm discovers Jeff Winger lied about having a bachelor's degree, he's suspended and has no choice but to enroll at Greendale Community College to get one. Jeff quickly becomes attracted to Britta Perry, and pretends he runs a study group in order to spend time with her. But his plans go awry when other classmates are invited along: Abed Nadir, Shirley Bennett, Annie Edison, Troy Barnes, and Pierce Hawthorne.

Despite their differences, the members of the study group quickly became close friends. While taking select classes together semester after semester, they're often roped into helping the flamboyant Dean Craig Pelton in his schemes to make the school seem more reputable, as well as having to deal with the antics of their unhinged teacher/classmate Ben Chang.​

My first thought was 'What the hell is Yahoo Screen?'
Pretty much summed up my thoughts too. It's a video streaming site. There doesn't appear to be a subscription, so they probably do ads for revenue.

Stealing this from Wikipedia, as when I write these I tend to go overboard and meander a bit.

When his law firm discovers Jeff Winger lied about having a bachelor's degree, he's suspended and has no choice but to enroll at Greendale Community College to get one. Jeff quickly becomes attracted to Britta Perry, and pretends he runs a study group in order to spend time with her. But his plans go awry when other classmates are invited along: Abed Nadir, Shirley Bennett, Annie Edison, Troy Barnes, and Pierce Hawthorne.

Despite their differences, the members of the study group quickly became close friends. While taking select classes together semester after semester, they're often roped into helping the flamboyant Dean Craig Pelton in his schemes to make the school seem more reputable, as well as having to deal with the antics of their unhinged teacher/classmate Ben Chang.​

Pretty much summed up my thoughts too. It's a video streaming site. There doesn't appear to be a subscription, so they probably do ads for revenue.
What do you think of the show though overall @Phoenix8387?

What do you think of the show though overall @Phoenix8387?
I loved the first three seasons. They were fun and the cast had a good chemistry. The fourth season lost Dan Harmon (Executive Producer and Showrunner) and the show lost some of its luster. Dan Harmon returned as showrunner for season five and while it was better than the previous season, it still wasn't like the first three. It partially felt like it was due to the cast, with Chevy Chase leaving near the end of season four and Donald Glover leaving midway through season five. No more of the Troy and Abed hilariousness. I'd highly recommend watching the first few episodes from the first season and maybe a couple from the second to see if it tickles your fancy, or if you just want one of the best episodes look for 'Remedial Chaos Theory' or 'Modern Warfare.'

I loved the first three seasons. They were fun and the cast had a good chemistry. The fourth season lost Dan Harmon (Executive Producer and Showrunner) and the show lost some of its luster. Dan Harmon returned as showrunner for season five and while it was better than the previous season, it still wasn't like the first three. It partially felt like it was due to the cast, with Chevy Chase leaving near the end of season four and Donald Glover leaving midway through season five. No more of the Troy and Abed hilariousness. I'd highly recommend watching the first few episodes from the first season and maybe a couple from the second to see if it tickles your fancy, or if you just want one of the best episodes look for 'Remedial Chaos Theory' or 'Modern Warfare.'
I pretty much came here to say the same thing. Seasons 1-3 were gold, after that it just trailed off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"