Minor Backlog Rant

MakaiOokami

PSLS Level: Bronze
My wife is like "Well when you get a new job you can afford all the games you want."

I want to just shake her and say "I don't want new games, that's a disease, don't feed my disease, I want to be able to sit down and enjoy the stacks of games I should be playing, not buying new ones and spending time earning money to accrue them wasting money by getting around to them when they are half the cost of what I paid"

Which is why I spent like $70 on Black Friday. Could I have gotten a lot of games? Yeah, but instead I focused on games that are so cheap, $15 price ranges here and there. I got the Final Fantasy PS4 games for $15, and God of War 3 for $15, and I think Arkham Kight for $18ish?, and I don't remember how much on Until Dawn, but it wasn't much.

I want to buy Driveclub for $11 but I have the PS Plus free version I should be playing and get the hang of that. I want to buy Project Cars for $12, but... I'd probably not get around to it. I could get Arc the Lad, or wait till it inevitably hits a flash sale for $1-5.

If you're a patient person, PS Plus and an extra $50 for games can go a LONG way. But who has time to play all these games without everyone getting mad at you!

you're a patient person, PS Plus and an extra $50 for games can go a LONG way. But who has time to play all these games without everyone getting mad at you!

Couldn't agree more. Unless I absolutely need to play a game at launch because I can't wait another minute (Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, etc), I wait until it drops as low as I can see it going. I grabbed Dying Light for $15, Wolfenstein The Old Blood for $8, and PS Camera for $30 on Black Friday. Wolfenstein dropped slightly lower but I was happy with the price I got.

Even waiting for sales like that my backlog inevitably grows at a faster rate than I can play games but it keeps me motivated lol

Couldn't agree more. Unless I absolutely need to play a game at launch because I can't wait another minute (Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, etc), I wait until it drops as low as I can see it going. I grabbed Dying Light for $15, Wolfenstein The Old Blood for $8, and PS Camera for $30 on Black Friday. Wolfenstein dropped slightly lower but I was happy with the price I got.

Even waiting for sales like that my backlog inevitably grows at a faster rate than I can play games but it keeps me motivated lol
I wasn't sure if I wanted Rocket League. I liked Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars but damn can that game be overly competitive. I have it anyway... why? it was free, and on many GOTY lists.

I wanted Dust, and Elysian Tale. Came out PS Plus before I had a chance to buy it. Maybe if I was quick enough when the store updated I could have screwed myself out on a launch day freebie.

Both of those games came out AT LAUNCH on PS Plus, no waiting.

You can get Dungeon Defenders 2 when the game is actually somewhat finished... or you can buy optional currency to make your character look fancy and get into the beta. Technically there's no waiting period.

I don't know if Hardware Rivals is a good game or not I do know it is over 4 stars with 5601 ratings in the PSN store. It was free launch day. Same with Dragon Fin Soup, as well as Secret Ponchos.

Driveclub is controversial, but with the Free for Plus version make your own damn decision lol.

Shall we add the complaint about standard HDD capacity? "Where am I going to store all of these games I won't get around to playing for years, if ever?" Heh. Especially when you're a PS Plus member, you're basically giving yourself an excuse to spend even more money on a HDD upgrade (unless you don't mind deleting and re-downloading between play periods). #FirstWorldProblems

Shall we add the complaint about standard HDD capacity? "Where am I going to store all of these games I won't get around to playing for years, if ever?" Heh. Especially when you're a PS Plus member, you're basically giving yourself an excuse to spend even more money on a HDD upgrade (unless you don't mind deleting and re-downloading between play periods). #FirstWorldProblems
Luckily most of those games are 2-5GB each.

But when they do start releasing 50GB games that's 8 games before your hard drive is filled. 16 games with 25GB and that's not even a full year's worth of Plus.

Not sure if there's a rule about posting in old threads but I didn't see the point in making a new one: My issue with my backlog of games is that I just don't have the space on my PS4 for all of them. There's a lot I've played to death by now but I'm still got seven games I haven't finished yet and then there's Resident Evil 7, the new Mass Effect, Prey and even more coming out soon.

I'll have to get an external hard drive just to be able to keep up with all the new games. Plus I'm still looking for work so I really shouldn't be spending so much time playing games.

Not sure if there's a rule about posting in old threads but I didn't see the point in making a new one: My issue with my backlog of games is that I just don't have the space on my PS4 for all of them. There's a lot I've played to death by now but I'm still got seven games I haven't finished yet and then there's Resident Evil 7, the new Mass Effect, Prey and even more coming out soon.

I'll have to get an external hard drive just to be able to keep up with all the new games. Plus I'm still looking for work so I really shouldn't be spending so much time playing games.

The PlayStation 4's Game Library makes it really easy to redownload games that you purchased but are no longer downloaded to the unit.

Personally, I just keep about 10 games on my PS4 at any given time. If I ever want something else, I clear out space and add it. My internet is fantastic so I get the games pretty quick. If your downloads take ages, just play one of the other games currently on the HDD. Also, try to look ahead and download the games you want to play next before the moment you want to play them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"