Thread structure

Timewarp

PSLS Level: Bronze
If I've overstepped any boundaries here then feel free to lock or delete this thread but on a forum I go we have one thread for introductions from new members and one for comments and suggestions and it just makes things look a lot neater plus it cleans up a lot of space as instead of 20 or so threads all for the benefit of someone introducing themselves you can have one big thread just for that purpose.

Plus it helps on the comments and suggests if the admin or the moderators can just go to one thread and see if there's a common thing people are asking for among the forum. Just something I thought you guys might want to consider.

This honestly isn't a terrible idea and you aren't overstepping at all. We are open to any and all suggestions and this forum will be evolving as we grasp what works and what doesn't.

If I've overstepped any boundaries here then feel free to lock or delete this thread but on a forum I go we have one thread for introductions from new members and one for comments and suggestions and it just makes things look a lot neater plus it cleans up a lot of space as instead of 20 or so threads all for the benefit of someone introducing themselves you can have one big thread just for that purpose.

Plus it helps on the comments and suggests if the admin or the moderators can just go to one thread and see if there's a common thing people are asking for among the forum. Just something I thought you guys might want to consider.
You definitely haven't over stepped your boundaries or anything like that. We always want feedback on things from the community. This is definitely a different idea, one that I will talk over with some of the other staff and see what is thought about it. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ah that's great it's weird since I know from the main site you guys aren't the type to punish people without due course but some sites have weird criteria as to what you can and can't do as a normal member, I got a warning from The Escapist for posting in a review thread that was a bit old since according to them it isn't fair on other reviewers.

Or again like The Escapist forums they have a rules section for the rules of the site and then rules for other sections so you'll go "Oh there's no rules against posting in old threads" and then you have some jerk going on about how you should have read their rules as well. I've been on a few forums and pretty much some moderators can be your best friend and then become ED-209 at the tip of a hat.

Well it's ok if it's just by a month or so and even if bumping threads was against the rules here (which it isn't) it's not exactly an act of rebellion when the site hasn't even been here for little more then a week.

If I may interject. A lot of forums include "introduction" forum, and the reason why is that most people want to have their own thread - often times, the "singular" thread you suggested gets longer as new users introduce themselves and you feel like you're not getting the attention that you desire. So, you don't bother introducing yourself there, instead you go ahead and start posting. I just think the idea is a little flawed. Not that it's bad, just a bit... I don't know how to say this without sounding like I'm saying your suggestion is bad... but it's 'bad' (in a sense). Members want to feel welcomed, feel like they're home. And so on and on.

It's cool, if there's a flaw with the idea then maybe the idea shouldn't be used, I just thought that everyone is saying the same thing so maybe it'd help cut back on space if we had one thread for Introductions and another for comments and suggestions in everything else,

It didn't seem like it'd put people off as I said above it seemed to help on the last forum I was on although those guys also didn't have a problem with people wanting to make their own introduction threads to introduce themselves to the forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"