What great/good game that you were never able to like?

for me it is any standard fighting games such as Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, etc. I just never found the appeal other than pulling off combos (which I can satisfy in other games, I'm sure).
Fighting games were always a local-multiplayer kind of game for me. I hardly ever go through a campaign by myself unless I want to unlock characters. Now I just wait for the "Komplete" (or similar) editions with all of the DLC characters.

Fighting games were always a local-multiplayer kind of game for me. I hardly ever go through a campaign by myself unless I want to unlock characters. Now I just wait for the "Komplete" (or similar) editions with all of the DLC characters.
it is more-so the fact that none of them seem to have a control style or feeling of control for me. I'd much prefer fighting games such as PSAS Battle Royale or Super Smash Bros.

Fallout. It's fun when it's working that is WHEN it's working since like a lot of Bethesda games there's a lot of glitches and bugs in the PS3 version.

Fallout. It's fun when it's working that is WHEN it's working since like a lot of Bethesda games there's a lot of glitches and bugs in the PS3 version.
I quite simply love the Fallout and Elder Scrolls series, despite the crashes and bugs (oddly enough, the only real issue I ever had with Skyrim was a quest bug present in all versions, although I did get a moonflying dragon once, which corrected itself and the dragon later found me again... while I was fighting a different dragon, along with a few strange but otherwise non-gameplay affecting things). I am a fanatic of Fallout 3/New Vegas to the point that the freezes (of which there were numerous) only bothered me when I went on a long trek through the main map or larger buildings/caves without saving/triggering an auto-save. All the other ones got a response that basically amounted to *shrug, pop disc out of PS3, put disc back in, wait, start game up, continue playing like it never even happened*. Not to say the freezes don't bother me, I just don't care when it happens in Bethesda RPGS.

To condense: Nothing will prevent me from enjoying a Bethesda RPG, not even the game itself.

As for critically acclaimed games I don't care about/get... all traditional fighting games like Street Fighter and such, Tactical RPGs, cause I suck at them horribly. The ending, or endgame choices of Infamous 2, Mass Effect 3 (especially the original version) and Bioshock Infinite really hit my annoyance buttons. And I never got into the whole The Last of Us hype machine. I was on the fence, tried the demo, and was not particularly impressed.

The Elder Scrolls games really bother me. I tried Morrowind and Oblivion, and they did nothing but keep me incredibly bored and waiting for a payoff that didn't seem to emerge. I watched my best friend play them, and I couldn't make myself like them. When Skyrim came out and all of my friends loved it, I decided to watch some gameplay videos on Youtube. I still can't find what it is that makes those games so great to so many people. If anything, the game-breaking glitches in Skyrim kept my interests more than anything else; those made me feel like I was actually missing out on something fun!

The Elder Scrolls games really bother me. I tried Morrowind and Oblivion, and they did nothing but keep me incredibly bored and waiting for a payoff that didn't seem to emerge. I watched my best friend play them, and I couldn't make myself like them. When Skyrim came out and all of my friends loved it, I decided to watch some gameplay videos on Youtube. I still can't find what it is that makes those games so great to so many people. If anything, the game-breaking glitches in Skyrim kept my interests more than anything else; those made me feel like I was actually missing out on something fun!
I own Morrowind and Oblivion and enjoyed them somewhat. But Skyrim was an awesome game to me. But I can definitely see where the bugs and glitches would keep you away from the game.

I own Morrowind and Oblivion and enjoyed them somewhat. But Skyrim was an awesome game to me. But I can definitely see where the bugs and glitches would keep you away from the game.
Oh no, I was serious in saying that the glitches in Skyrim sound interesting. I almost bought the game in hopes of running into some gimped dragons or some accidental hybridization of nature / video game logic. :-D

I just like the freedom in them. I can be another person, in another world, living another life. I especially enjoyed it in Morrowind. Where I could literally do anything I could think of. I enjoyed Skyrim so much mostly for the ability to fight and slay dragons in a more believable approach. Otherwise I could just go play some Monster Hunter. But I wanted to slay dragons specifically. And it was endlessly fun for me. Especially when they scaled with my level and became increasingly more difficult to take down.

Oh no, I was serious in saying that the glitches in Skyrim sound interesting. I almost bought the game in hopes of running into some gimped dragons or some accidental hybridization of nature / video game logic. :-D
I actually never ran into any of the popular glitches sadly. :(

I'm the same way. I bought Morrowind GOTY edition on PC when it came out, played it for maybe two hours and it did nothing for me. Picked up Oblivion on PS3 when it came out, again two hours and I was done with it. Didn't even bother with Skyrim. Played ESO a couple months back, while I found it more enjoyable I still was pretty much unimpressed with what it had to offer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"