Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Chalryn

PSLS Level: Bronze
Because this area of the forum needs some content, and this game needs a thread of its own. :p
(Note: 'Retro' vs. 'Nintendo' because it was available on the Sega Genesis as well as the SNES.)

Who else played/loved this game?

Been quite awhile since I've played this! I spent many an hour doing so in my past though. Fun little game.

I have actually never heard of this but it looks like a lot of fun. Was it pretty difficult?

I have actually never heard of this but it looks like a lot of fun. Was it pretty difficult?
The first few levels are very easy, with a bit of added difficulty later (mainly, the appearance of certain enemies), and by the time you get 20-30 levels in... let's just say those passwords you get every few levels will come in handy, heh. Game Grumps did a pretty good job of showing how the madness develops, haha.

I think one of the coolest things about the game, though, which I didn't know until years later, was that each enemy type is weak against certain weapons. (I especially like the werewolves being weak against silverware.) Makes all that weapon-hoarding so much more worthwhile, and knowing the enemies' weaknesses can make such a huge difference in your survivability.

The first few levels are very easy, with a bit of added difficulty later (mainly, the appearance of certain enemies), and by the time you get 20-30 levels in... let's just say those passwords you get every few levels will come in handy, heh. Game Grumps did a pretty good job of showing how the madness develops, haha.

I think one of the coolest things about the game, though, which I didn't know until years later, was that each enemy type is weak against certain weapons. (I especially like the werewolves being weak against silverware.) Makes all that weapon-hoarding so much more worthwhile, and knowing the enemies' weaknesses can make such a huge difference in your survivability.

You are making me want to grab my SNES from the attic and find a copy to buy!

If ever there was a game that needed a spiritual sequel or a remake this would be on my list.
Technically, there was a sort of spiritual successor (albeit from a different company, I believe), called Monster Madness: Grave Danger, or something like that. I never really heard much about it, though. From what I understand, it didn't live up to ZAMN. A legit remake or something would indeed be sweet.

Ah yes I did hear about that and I think I even played the demo, but I wasn't as impressed with it as ZAMN. Maybe I'll have to go back and look at it.

This was a great game when I was a kid. Remembering it makes me tempted to pull out the old system and play it again for nostalgia's sake.

don't think I've ever played it, can't be sure. I wouldn't mind if some zombies actually ate certain neighbors of mine, just as long as they left me alone.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"