Bad Gamers Ep. 73: The E3 Rumor Machine

stolenxnametag

PSLS Level: Kraken
PSLS Ambassador
From our host @Dan Oravasaari to our insider host @Chandler Wood, "Can I call you Deepthroat?" Starting with this opening lines, our hosts this week talk about beer and the killer pre-E3 leaks that you're not going to want to miss, including Battlefield Godzilla. For old-school LamePro subscribers, this is an episode that you're not going to want to miss. Keep your pants on and bags full!

Battlefield-Godzilla-BG.png

Battle of the Beers
Blue Moon Summer Honey Wheat doesn't sound like it would be my thing. I've been surprised before, but I'm huge fan of darker beers. A lot of people that I know like IPAs, too, but those things can go to Hell. I've still yet to have one that tastes even remotely good. Seasonal beers are usually hit or miss for me, though the fall varieties tend incorporate pumpkins and spices, which I at least 80% of the time like.

While @Chandler Wood isn't typically a fan of darker beers, he likes the smooth bite of Baba Black Lager. I had it at a bar last year, and it was okay. Of course, most bars have mostly garbage on tap, so it was a very refreshing departure from the inflated price of a can of Guinness that I normally pay. :D

I love the pick your own six-pack places. I always grab one or two beers that are delicious and then 4-5 randoms to fill in the other slots. That's how I first started drinking craft beers!

Mortal Kombat X
Just like Mega Man X wasn't Mega Man 10, the title of the new Mortal Kombat game has come under scrutiny with our bad gamers. Looking strictly at the teaser trailer and no commentaries, it seems like it was a great concept minus the music. The physics and graphics engines look pretty good despite their roughness, which lend credibility to Dan's idea of maybe body damage being calculated that could be similar to what we've seen in racing games before. I'm pretty excited for this, as Mortal Kombat has always been my go-to series for fighting games.

BATTLECRY
Bethesda made a new HD cel-shaded game. Brutality meets beauty. Arena combat and paint-stroked blood splatters. We should try to get @D'yani to do this review. She likes artsy things. Oh, or @Lifewish - he likes female protagonists, which is what this game might have? I'm not sure. Check out the video, and see why we're all confused about it. :D

Battlefield: Hardline
I don't care. Annual installment games annoy me to tears, so I'll wait until there are more trailers about this game before I form an opinion about it. I'm pretty excited to hear what Dan has to say once it's finished, too. He's not afraid to objectively report the nuances and pretties that the Battlefield series has to offer. His ramblings about Battlefield 4 are among the reasons I read this site!

Ubisoft's Hero Game
I just ran a Google search to see how many videos were taken down, or at least that's what it seemed like. I can't find anything about it except for screencaps that make it look like a Samurai Warriors character editor where you sculpt new officers. My prediction - Ubisoft Warriors will be shown off at E3.

Bad Gamer's Presents: Sketchy E3 Leaks

The Last of Us: Blood Dragon

This is going to be the best release of the generation. I'm shooting for a post-E3 teaser trailer and actual Gamescom reveal. The squirrel character looks kind of awesome, too. Could Deepthroat hook us up with a screenshot? The video has been taken down. :-(

GTA: Small Brawl (working title)
PlayStation-exclusive playground title is like Rugrats-meets-Twisted-Metal is going to be Vita's killer app that pushes it to the tops of all console / handheld title sales charts. I can't wait to see what Michael Pachter says about this.

Battlefield: Godzilla!! (PS4 / Xbox One)
GOJIRAAAA!!! This is going to be EA's F2P answer to Destiny, with its 64-player team battles against giant monsters. Season pass holders are going to be able to acquire DLC that enables fights against Mothra, Destoroyah, Rodan, and Gigan, or they can buy them in a series of in-game microtransactions.

Battlefield-Godzilla-promo.jpg

God of War: Christianity (PS4)
Kratos is going to take on Moses, Joshua, Samson, and other Bible heroes as he tries to find the apocryphal Grigori from the Book of Enoch and Apocalypse of Abraham. After taking out this fallen angel led demi-pantheon, Kratos will destroy the founders of Christian sub-sects, such as Emporer Constantine and Joseph Smith in an abominable set of DLC that you'll not want to miss! I also heard that there are going to be some DLC with holiday characters created from religious dates, such as Santa Clause.

PlayStation All Dead Stars (working title) (PS4 / Vita)
After carefully taking critical feedback about all of the concerns we had with PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Sony has recently been in talks with an unknown party to resolve all of these conflicts and create a new title. However, something is going to be incredibly different this time - the story is going to have Nathan Drake and friends doing a pilgrimmage through the storyline of Game of Thrones. While not much is known about this title yet, it's speculated that we'll see a series of chapters that are reminiscent of Dynasty Warriors: Xtreme Legends games, where you'll get to entertain many "what if" scenarios so you won't already know the full extent of the story from reading the books or watching the tv series.

What happened to Tekken x Street Fighter?
Mortal Kombat X is going to be a cross title. It's not for "X" or "10," but it actually "CROSS". Super Mortal Kombat Cross Tekken Cross Street Fighter Ultra 4 Complete Edition (SMKxTxSFU4xCE). There is no DLC. It's all going to be perfect and the only real competitor is going to be Guilty Gear XX ^ Core Plus R Mega 2 (GGXX^CPRM2). There are 3 game modes: MK, SF, and Tekken modes. In MK mode, everyone is able to perform fatalities, brutalities, and other flagship MK finishing moves. In SF mode, there are going to be more intricate combo systems and a complete lack of finishing moves, without the blood, too. In Tekken mode, there is a lot of hand-to-hand combat with no supernatural special moves such as fireballs or ice, and finishing moves and blood / gore are also gone. Tekken mode also includes one-hit kills.

SMKxTxSFU4xCE.jpg Now Ryu can fight Scorpion, and those hadoukens can take off heads!

Matrix: Free Will (PS4 / Project Morpheus title)
After Matrix-hero Neo dies, his son William can move between the real world and the Matrix through his free will as you put on or take off your Project Morpheus device. The developers have not been revealed yet, as this is going to be a mind-blowing experience that they're not willing to handle yet via press. Get read for the next-generation Mr. Anderson!

Pokemon (Vita)
Nintendo and Sony are collectively working on the next set of Pokemon games. No Red / Blue or Black / White. They're going to be Pokemon Vita and Pokemon 3DS. Each game will have console-exclusive Pokemon that can be traded via the upcoming Pokedex Meta network, another spoiler for this year's E3! I can't wait. Maybe I can talk my wife into getting a Vita now!

pokemon_vita.PNG

Stare-off (Kinect 2)
As a PlayStation-centric gamer, I was really shocked to hear that these guys wanted to cover a new Xbox title, but this staring contest simulator for Kinect 2 sounds pretty badass. DLC includes a dead lady that jumps out at you. Good fight, and good night.

Last edited:
Fantastic write up as usual! I'm also glad to hear that my Battlefield 4 rambling have meant something, and you can be sure to expect a whole new set of them in October.

wanda-o.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"