Batman: Arkham Knight Reveal Trailer

That reminds me, I need to play through the Batman games! But it looks great, I'm interested in seeing the outcome, and gameplay.

That reminds me, I need to play through the Batman games! But it looks great, I'm interested in seeing the outcome, and gameplay.
I was sold at you could use the Batmobile in the game. At least that is what is being rumored. No details as to what you will be able to do with it.

I was sold at you could use the Batmobile in the game. At least that is what is being rumored. No details as to what you will be able to do with it.

I'm guessing drive around?... Lol maybe shoot some harmless bat bullets? Bet they'll have some ridiculous side missions like "Race Black Mask to _______"

It's Rocksteady, I don't think they will fail this one or have ridiculous missions or anything. Origins was a letdown because it was a clone of Arkham City. This will finally be the advancement in the Arkham series that we deserve.

never played any of the batman games, i dunno why they just never appealed to me, maybe i'll just watch someone else play and make a base judgement of whether to rent it or not.

First I was really annoyed that it wasn't coming to PS3/360 but I guess it makes sense to keep this to next-gen just to make it the best that they can. Guess it's just one more reason why I'll need to get myself a gaming PC

It's Rocksteady, I don't think they will fail this one or have ridiculous missions or anything. Origins was a letdown because it was a clone of Arkham City. This will finally be the advancement in the Arkham series that we deserve.
Agreed. Rocksteady is awesome. If this is the conclusion of the Batman Arkham series, I wonder if they will make another attempt at another superhero.

If it was up to me then Rocksteady would take Spider-Man from Beenox so they can make a decent Spider-Man game that actually gets Spider-Man

The thing is I'm not all that sure anyone could pull off a decent Superman game, I would like someone to prove me wrong and pull out an awesome Superman game like "Ha Timewarp! Serves you and your Marvel-Ass for not believing in DC!" but the problem is I think he is way too powerful for video games.

What are Superman's powers? He can fly at super-sonic speeds, he's invulnerable, has super-strength, shoots lasers out of his eyes, freeze breath and there's a few more I think but this is my point: Batman worked since he's easy to build a game around, he's just a guy in a bat-suit beating up criminals. There's no power or ability that makes you say "Well why doesn't he just do this?"

I think it'd be so restrictive in terms of story-telling that a Superman game would have us going "Well can't he just zip other there in 2 seconds, he can fly around the whole planet faster then that!" I'd love to see a Superman game and if there is a way that somebody knows off then by all means prove my stupid non-game making butt wrong (I am obsessed with butts today :oops:)

Plus the super-strength. I recall in Wolverine: Origins for me it got annoying when your playing as a guy with metal claws that can tear through anything

Bad guys? No problem!
Designated Metal doors? Easy!
Random objects laying about? Ah now this must be one of those vibranium tables all the construction sites have these days!

The thing is I'm not all that sure anyone could pull off a decent Superman game, I would like someone to prove me wrong and pull out an awesome Superman game like "Ha Timewarp! Serves you and your Marvel-Ass for not believing in DC!" but the problem is I think he is way too powerful for video games.

What are Superman's powers? He can fly at super-sonic speeds, he's invulnerable, has super-strength, shoots lasers out of his eyes, freeze breath and there's a few more I think but this is my point: Batman worked since he's easy to build a game around, he's just a guy in a bat-suit beating up criminals. There's no power or ability that makes you say "Well why doesn't he just do this?"

I think it'd be so restrictive in terms of story-telling that a Superman game would have us going "Well can't he just zip other there in 2 seconds, he can fly around the whole planet faster then that!" I'd love to see a Superman game and if there is a way that somebody knows off then by all means prove my stupid non-game making butt wrong (I am obsessed with butts today :oops:)

Plus the super-strength. I recall in Wolverine: Origins for me it got annoying when your playing as a guy with metal claws that can tear through anything

Bad guys? No problem!
Designated Metal doors? Easy!
Random objects laying about? Ah now this must be one of those vibranium tables all the construction sites have these days!
Yeah I hear you on the too powerful for video games statement. I just hope that one day they can pull it off.

I am totally going to be that guy right now. But, you guys really need to see what it looks like being played. WOW.

Haha, well the presentation was actually given by the guys from Rocksteady themselves. But, having a hands-off demo is normal for certain games, builds or demonstrations. Also, the WB PR people are awesome and I'm not just saying that. I had a great unrelated chat about comics with one of them, they really know their stuff.

Cool, to be honest I always think there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that if the publishers would just explain "This is why we have to do this" then less people would complain, the weirdest thing I learnt on my games development course was how a few of the many things we complain about actually have really good reasons behind them.

You know how a lot of objects look the same? For example every bench looks the same, well the process of creating an object from scratch involves creating the object in 3DS Max with takes a while and then placing it within a games engine such as UDK or Unity as an asset and somehow plastering the texture over it in a way that makes it look good. I swear sometimes it's like games engines are misbehaving and I know how mad that sounds but I'm making a level and the stairs I created have just moved halfway across the area I've built,

Also you'll be surprised by how quickly you go "Hey I'll throw some pre-built rubble to cover up that really bad looking thing" when designing video games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"