Cross Buy should be optional.

idillicah

PSLS Level: Bronze
Well, what it says in the title.

Many-a-time I've had to delay the purchase of a game because it was a bit on the expensive side due to it being cross-buy (usually Vita-PS3-PS4).

The thing is, I don't own any home consoles at all. I don't even own a TV.

I think cross-buy is a fantastic idea, and if I had a PS3 or PS4 as well as my Vita, I'd be freaking pumped.

But I don't.

So I wish they'd have pricing for the cross-buy bundle and a single-console purchase as well.

Any thoughts?

I don't think Cross-Buy hikes the price up at all. These games would still be $15 with out Xbuy.

Yeah it may happen here and there.. but I doubt its very common place. Rogue Legacy is 16.99 (had a launch PS+ discount). That year old PC title on steam right now $14.99. Soo about a $2 console markup or 'x buy markup'.

I don't have a problem with a lot of these titles as they will be $3-$7 in a few months. They almost always are.

I'm sure it happens, just not enough for the option to become common place.

I don't have a problem with a lot of these titles as they will be $3-$7 in a few months. They almost always are.

The problem with this is that it diminishes returns on the game from people who would have otherwise been early adopters, which would also implies a bigger word-of-mouth phenomenon. And using the Rogue Legacy example, the dev said in the interview with PSLS that word of mouth was the biggest thing in how the game spread.

I mean, I manage businesses in a MUCH smaller scale than PlayStation... but this "cross buy is optional" thing still seems like a decent idea to me.

I agree with that I don't thino it would make a difference, a lot of the titles that release were the same price on PC or other platforms, but with Playstation we at least get the added benefit of having cross buy.

Lol, I understand your point, unfortunately with these games already on other platforms at the same price, I only see cross buy as a bonus.

I'm guessing you're in an extremely small minority that doesn't have a PS3 or PS4 to go along with your Vita. The Vita has helped me stave off buying an early PS4, and I can't say I've really played any cross-buy titles on my PS3, if only because I think most cross-buys play and look better on my PSV than a large LED. With that said, I do like the option to automatically expand my game library when I do get a PS4 with those cross-buys I already purchased.

Of course, I always see it as a good thing.

I just think it should be optional, as I've seen it jack up prices a bit.

But

1. You're right, I'm in a minority.
2. I am a bit short on budget for games.

Haha. So yeah, I don't know. I don't think it would cost them anything to do it and would be a good idea.

$10 for single platform, $15 for cross buy? Specially ports and such.

Again, might just be me.

Of course, I always see it as a good thing.

I just think it should be optional, as I've seen it jack up prices a bit.

But

1. You're right, I'm in a minority.
2. I am a bit short on budget for games.

Haha. So yeah, I don't know. I don't think it would cost them anything to do it and would be a good idea.

$10 for single platform, $15 for cross buy? Specially ports and such.

Again, might just be me.
I'm with you that more options for the consumer are always welcome. I just don't see it happening unfortunately.

I understand your point, I just honestly haven't witnessed the price hike because of cross buy.

If the prices are indeed because of Cross buy, then yes, I agree that even a 2 or 3 dollar discount could be a great thing if someone wanted to buy it for just one platform.

Good thing about Cross buy is that you have it for whatever platform, no matter when you get it. So say you plan on getting a PS3 or 4 down the line? You'll already have those cross buy titles ready to go. Small consolation, but I can see it both ways.

I really don't think it impacts the price at all. I think what effects it's price is the developer. If they think it'll do well and be a big hit, they may make the price high, if they don't expect much from it then the price normally isn't that high.

As an owner of 2 PS3's a Vita, and a PS4, I absolutely love having cross-buy included regardless of price. Many cross-buy titles have been on sale or are included (or have been) on PS+. Some were even retro-activley added like Flower & Flow.

This is the one feature that keeps me with Sony, I wish Nintendo would have a similar product since i own so many of the same games on different platforms its ridiculous that i have to re-buy a game 3 different times.

I completely agree that Cross buy is a fantastic idea.

So is vacationing in Fiji.

But I think it should be optional.

I for one, am afraid of flying.

And don't own or plan to own home consoles.

Not a fan of cross-buy, because i can't stand console to handheld/ handheld to console ports.

Ive found Cross buy to be either hit or miss. Look at Ratchet and Clank Q force. The Vita port was delayed, it was ported by a diff company. The game came and was extremely buggy. I lost count of how many times the thing crashed on me. AND they announced that the PS3 version will have support while the Vita owners gets the middle finger :/

PS:Allstars was awesome though

The problem I'm encountering with cross-buy is that I have to buy two versions of the game if I want to be able to play them on both platforms. Deception IV, Dragon's Crown, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, and One Piece: Unlimited World R all have a cross-save/cross-trophy systems available, but you still have to buy both versions of the game at full price. A free download like PASBR would be too much to ask, but some sort of discount would really be appreciated.

Well, what it says in the title.

Many-a-time I've had to delay the purchase of a game because it was a bit on the expensive side due to it being cross-buy (usually Vita-PS3-PS4).

The thing is, I don't own any home consoles at all. I don't even own a TV.

I think cross-buy is a fantastic idea, and if I had a PS3 or PS4 as well as my Vita, I'd be freaking pumped.

But I don't.

So I wish they'd have pricing for the cross-buy bundle and a single-console purchase as well.

Any thoughts?
What ever devs are saying "We're charging $5.00 extra so we can support cross-buy" are just assholes. Plain and simple. Maybe not the devs, maybe it's the publisher... but.. Rainbowmoon Vita had a cheaper upgrade option in case you bought the PS3 version.

Minecraft has a $5.00 upgrade option from PS3/Vita (cross-buy) to the PS4, since the PS4 is a much bigger version.

If they are JUST doing Cross-buy to jack up the price, that's wrong. They should be wanting to do Cross-buy because they don't want to put the consumer in a position of deciding which of the 2 platforms they will want the most, and risk them making a wrong decision, and regretting it, getting upset.

At least if you ever do get a t.v. you can get the Vita T.V. I guess that would be a good fit for you.

Could you imagine how great things would be if Sony made the PS4 able to emulate the Vita T.V.?

Now I'm just talking crazy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"