Danganronpa 2 OFFICIAL ENGLISH Trailer (Off Screen)

saw this over on NeoGAF and didn't even think of posting it here. Thanks! Can't wait, come August I'm going to have to go back and play through the first one again and finish off its platinum.

saw this over on NeoGAF and didn't even think of posting it here. Thanks! Can't wait, come August I'm going to have to go back and play through the first one again and finish off its platinum.
you're welcome

I've heard a lot of mixed responses over the game, i hope it plays well. If i get curious enough, i may borrow it.

Can I get an ELI5 of the gameplay and story (no spoilers please) of the first game? I don't have a Vita yet (Soon! maybe after E3?) and with what I've heard about the game it sounds good. But from watching a couple videos I've yet to grasp much about it, primarily the gameplay.

Its a Visual Novel type of game, with mystery elements to it. It has something called a Class Trial that unfolds like an Ace Attorney game (I hear).

Here is my comment from the Recommend thread:
Danganronpa, I've gone on about it in other threads but if anyone is interested in a Ace Attorney/Visual Novel type game I cannot recommend it enough. Easily my leading candidate for favorite game of the year. I'm hoping its sequel tops it though =)

Here is a quote from Ventara on NeoGAF describing Danganronpa 1:

The premise is that you are starting at a new high school, but things take a bizarre turn when you and 14 other students end up locked in said school and are trapped in their to live out the rest of your lives. The only way to get out is to murder someone without anyone finding out. You don't know who is behind this or why they're doing it, just that an annoying robotic toy bear called Monokuma is the one relaying all the info to you, and you need to watch your back since everyone has a motive to kill, since that's the only way to get out.

Gameplay plays out in three parts per chapter. First part is story/finding dead body, second part is investigation/point-and-click as you move around the school in 3D (very rudimentary), and the last part is the trial/mix of mini-games. During the trial, you try to uncover the truth by pointing out lies in statements. You do this by taking one of the facts (or "bullet" points) and "shooting" the part of the statement that's contradictory. There are some other mini-games during the trial like hangman and a rhythm game, but they essentially serve the same purpose.

This seems really interesting and like more of the goodness that made up the first one, which was great!!

Side note: did anyone notice that a certain character (I won't mention who) is looking quite a bit chubby (and maybe younger?) in this trailer? That was the only character that I noticed as a cross-over from the first game. Any spoiler free insights on that?

ive been avoiding any spoilers but I can say that Danganronpa 2 is a sequel to 1. so the character is older... just don't know how much so

ive been avoiding any spoilers but I can say that Danganronpa 2 is a sequel to 1. so the character is older... just don't know how much so
is there a saved game continuation from Danganronpa 1 to Danganronpa 2?

I haven't seen anything to suggest it does. I'm very careful when searching so I don't stumble across any spoilers so I may have just not seen it.

I doubt there would be anything like this, since there is only one way the game and the trials can play out, so the only thing saved game data would get you is bonus coins or something like that. In terms of story and game content it shouldn't matter at all.

I doubt there would be anything like this, since there is only one way the game and the trials can play out, so the only thing saved game data would get you is bonus coins or something like that. In terms of story and game content it shouldn't matter at all.
Yeah the only thing I could possibly see transferring is maybe some unique presents and your coins. Probably not really worth the effort.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"