Fallout Co-op

BigPete7978

PSLS Level: Silver
Do you think that the Fallout series would benefit from co-op added to their series? Not a full multiplayer, but co-op only.

I truly think that the series would benefit from it. I enjoy the Fallout games to a certain degree, but never stick with them. I think with co-op added on and me playing with a huge fan like @dragon82 or someone like that I would feel more compelled to complete the titles. Plus it's always fun going through a game with a friend.

I am kind of torn on this idea. On one hand C0-op really adds a great deal to the possibilities, but on the other hand, having another player would make the game feel less solitary.

I am kind of torn on this idea. On one hand C0-op really adds a great deal to the possibilities, but on the other hand, having another player would make the game feel less solitary.
I definitely understand the "feel less solitary" statement. But if you look at some of the recent Fallout games, weren't you allowed to bring someone along with you at times? Wouldn't that be better if it was an actual friend of yours, that wasn't controlled by A.I.? Experiencing the deserted areas with monsters everywhere together, rather than the game with an A.I. character you don't care for at all.

Personally, I have never really felt that an AI character left me feeling as if I had shared responsibilities or someone I could rely on. Even with the addition of Dogmeat or Fawkes, every aspect of FO3 fell on the player to decide and with another human, things become shared. It still is a distinguishable change in atmosphere.

I figured online, but I imagine couch Co-op could work too. But, I have always hated having a split-screen personally.

I figured online, but I imagine couch Co-op could work too. But, I have always hated having a split-screen personally.

ya, split screen can be kind of annoying, you get easily distracted and mixed up. happens to me all the time. I think it could go either way. the gameplay is great as far as single player goes, but there are times in the game where you kinda wish you had another person to help you.

Yeah, I do think there are definitely some benefits to going co-op. I have always wanted to see a Fallout MMO, but sadly that got cancelled due to the lawsuit. Hopefully Project V13 by Black Isle will be a good take on the concept, even though it isn't a Fallout title.

Yeah, I do think there are definitely some benefits to going co-op. I have always wanted to see a Fallout MMO, but sadly that got cancelled due to the lawsuit. Hopefully Project V13 by Black Isle will be a good take on the concept, even though it isn't a Fallout title.

lawsuit?

Long story short-ish. Interplay was developing an MMO for Fallout, but took too long to develop it so they couldn't meet some deadlines, so Bethesda pulled their license agreement from Interplay. This caused an issue as the MMO was still under the IP name, and a lawsuit ensued as to if the game could keep going under the moniker, as it had something to do with only using the name and not assets. But, there was another issue in that Fallout as a whole would fall back under Interplay's control after only one more Bethesda release (not sure why exactly)....tons of more drama after that and now, an out of court settlement was reached, project V13 (originally the Fallout MMO) from Interplay is still in production, but cannot use any Fallout branding or assets.

I think I got most of the main points, but if I got anything wrong feel free to correct me as this was one messy situation to keep track of.

I would love to wander the wasteland with a buddy. Just think of the looting you could do with another person. :)

I'd love to play Fallout with a friend of mine or my brother. And I don't think it would detract from the experience at all.

What if each Fallout world (server) was an online community of between 8 to 16 people. Meaning that you are playing in real time with people around you, you can team up when you like, go solo when you want, do your own things, etc. Almost like Destiny perhaps, but on a smaller and more solitary feeling scale. So on your pip boy, you could see that there are two or three people in the other corner of the map, another person one town over, etc. and you could team up when you like and do your own quests when you like, without having to worry about what other players want to do too.

What if each Fallout world (server) was an online community of between 8 to 16 people. Meaning that you are playing in real time with people around you, you can team up when you like, go solo when you want, do your own things, etc. Almost like Destiny perhaps, but on a smaller and more solitary feeling scale. So on your pip boy, you could see that there are two or three people in the other corner of the map, another person one town over, etc. and you could team up when you like and do your own quests when you like, without having to worry about what other players want to do too.
I actually really like this idea. I would still want the world populated with NPC's and stuff. I don't see why they can't even pull off an actual MMO,
They just did it with Elder Scrolls Online. So maybe a Fallout Online.

I actually really like this idea. I would still want the world populated with NPC's and stuff. I don't see why they can't even pull off an actual MMO,

Maybe they are and just not announcing it. ;)

I think I would prefer for it to be more closed server style, like a GTA Online or Red Dead Online. Enhance the feeling of lonliness. Or maybe a drop in- drop out, if you are near other players, ie something like The Division or Destiny. I don't know if I want a full on MMO, just because I don't want it to come with a monthly subscription.

I think I would prefer for it to be more closed server style, like a GTA Online or Red Dead Online. Enhance the feeling of lonliness. Or maybe a drop in- drop out, if you are near other players, ie something like The Division or Destiny. I don't know if I want a full on MMO, just because I don't want it to come with a monthly subscription.
Completely understandable. Monthly subscriptions suck. But I do agree that maybe a closed server style may be more fitting for a game like Fallout. It worked well for Red Dead Redemption, and if GTA Online would ever add in the heists ability I'd be fine with that game mode as well.

Why not just take a pointer from Journey and have seamless drop in and drop out, so you never really know who is around but there could always be people floating in and out of your own experience. This way you could limit the number of people, keeping the solitary feeling, but also give it that feeling of open world multiplayer to allow people to group up if they so wish.

Why not just take a pointer from Journey and have seamless drop in and drop out, so you never really know who is around but there could always be people floating in and out of your own experience. This way you could limit the number of people, keeping the solitary feeling, but also give it that feeling of open world multiplayer to allow people to group up if they so wish.
I really like this idea. Journey was an awesome experience on the PS3. You never knew who you were dealing with. But at the same time it also takes away from the fact that people won't be able to play co-op with people on their friends list. So maybe give the option of both?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"