Favorite All Time PlayStation Game

Stephen Bitto

Administrator
Staff member
As Community Manager, I obviously want to get to know the community here at PSLS. The best place I can think to start is by asking your favorite PlayStation games. So without further ado, tell me your favorite PlayStation games and any stories that come with them!

PS: Mine are Final Fantasy VII, Socom II and inFAMOUS 2!

Last edited:
without further adieu
[...]That word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

That aside, my answer is this:

KXIQx7d.jpg

...I may come up with more of a Top 3-5 or something like that later, but Suikoden II pretty easily tops them all.

150559-Final_Fantasy_X_%28USA%29-1.jpg

I've never been so attached to a cast of characters in any game, until this one.
Many will disagree, but i loved Tidus mainly because i could relate with his
love/hate relationship with Jecht. Not to mention the soundtrack was phenomenal.

I've never been so attached to a cast of characters in any game, until this one.
Many will disagree, but i loved Tidus mainly because i could relate with his
love/hate relationship with Jecht. Not to mention the soundtrack was phenomenal.

Did you pick up FFX/X-2 HD?

It would have to be the original Kingdom Hearts. I have a sweet spot in my heart for that game.

Maybe Jak II?
Except after playing the HD collection I realize that game was not as great as I remembered.

Kingdom Hearts 1 it is.

For me it's a tie between Final Fantasy VIII and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. They are both sequels to long-existing franchises, but I have done nearly everything that can be done in both of them (one major exception is that I have not successfully killed Ultimecia with Selphie's The End limit break).

I know that some people run through Final Fantasy VII probably at least once a year (Heath, maybe?), but I have only been through Final Fantasy VIII 8 times. Maybe its PC version will be ported to PS4 if the Final Fantasy VII version sells well. That would be nice!

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night was just a natural progression in a series of badass games from my childhood. It was one of the reasons that I wanted a PlayStation. My mother and I used to kick ass at the NES and SNES Castlevania games, and then I found out that Symphony of the Night allowed you to change weapons and level up like an RPG. That changed my life forever.

I will also throw Intelligent Qube and Clock Tower out there as honorable mentions. Those, along with the two above, are among the very few original PlayStation games that I still physically own.

For me it's a tie between Final Fantasy VIII and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. They are both sequels to long-existing franchises, but I have done nearly everything that can be done in both of them (one major exception is that I have not successfully killed Ultimecia with Selphie's The End limit break).

I know that some people run through Final Fantasy VII probably at least once a year (Heath, maybe?), but I have only been through Final Fantasy VIII 8 times. Maybe its PC version will be ported to PS4 if the Final Fantasy VII version sells well. That would be nice!

I will also throw Intelligent Qube and Clock Tower out there as honorable mentions. Those, along with the two above, are among the very few original PlayStation games that I still physically own.

The PS1 had such an amazing library.

That is how Final Fantasy VII was for me. Every limit break, every weapon, beat Ruby and Emerald Weapon, hours upon hours. Sadly, my memory card was lost to the universe at some point during my high school years. Maybe I'll carve out some time to do it all again on the PS4.

I know that some people run through Final Fantasy VII probably at least once a year (Heath, maybe?)

I think I *play* it every year but don't play *through* it every year. I've beaten it...I think 5 times? But started files that fizzled out and had another run where my memory card died on me back in the day.

What an impossible question to answer. I'd have to think very long and very hard about it, but off the top of my head, one of my favorite series is Wild ARMs. It's much easier to condense 3 of my favorite games (the first 3 in the series across PS1 and PS2) into just liking the series.

As Community Manager, I obviously want to get to know the community here at PSLS. The best place I can think to start is by asking your favorite PlayStation games. So without further ado, tell me your favorite PlayStation games and any stories that come with them!

I just can't have a favorite. The series is Makai series. Makai Senki Disgaea 1-4 Makai Kingdoms, the cancelled Makai Wars (that I bought a PS3 to play)

I typically buy a Disgaea game on console. Then play for hundreds of hours.

Then I buy it again on mobile and make much more progress much quicker and often times get way further and beat it.

Platinumed the PS3 of Disgaea 3. Need to get around with getting the rest of the Makai platinums.

If I start going to individual games... that's a rabbit hole I have no idea how to conquer.

I just can't have a favorite. The series is Makai series. Makai Senki Disgaea 1-4 Makai Kingdoms, the cancelled Makai Wars (that I bought a PS3 to play)

I typically buy a Disgaea game on console. Then play for hundreds of hours.

Then I buy it again on mobile and make much more progress much quicker and often times get way further and beat it.

Platinumed the PS3 of Disgaea 3. Need to get around with getting the rest of the Makai platinums.

If I start going to individual games... that's a rabbit hole I have no idea how to conquer.

Do you prefer playing them on Vita or home console? Or do you love it so much that it doesn't matter? :p

SOCOM II---So many late nights/early mornings with this game. Good times. I remember being on the voice chat AND my cell phone with my team mates LOL!!! SOUL ASSASSINS!!!!!! LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"