Franchises You Miss

stolenxnametag

PSLS Level: Kraken
PSLS Ambassador
Whatever happened to MegaMan, Crash Bandicoot, Intelligent Qube, and Clock Tower? With Microsoft attempting to bring back Killer Instinct and Sony's PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale giving us all false hopes on Parappa the Rapper, I'm starting to become really curious: what franchises do you miss?

mega man? well you can thank crapcom for that, they pissed off the creator and he left the studio.
mighty number 9 I guess you could say is his way of giving crapcom the finger.
the franchise I miss is bloodrayne and rumble roses.

mega man? well you can thank crapcom for that, they pissed off the creator and he left the studio.
mighty number 9 I guess you could say is his way of giving crapcom the finger.
the franchise I miss is bloodrayne and rumble roses.
That PSN Bloodrayne game pissed me off so much! I thought that I was getting a worthy sequel and was let down. :'(

That PSN Bloodrayne game pissed me off so much! I thought that I was getting a worthy sequel and was let down. :'(

my favorite one was bloodrayne 2, when I downloaded the demo for the psn game, I didn't even last two minutes before saying "fk this shit! this isn't a game this is just crap" then promptly deleted it

Ohhhhh, good thread. :)

Let's see, franchises that I miss include:
  • PS1 quality Final Fantasy titles (yes with open worlds, and airships, and tons of exploration options)
  • Jet Moto
  • Cool Boarders
  • Heavenly Sword (sequel needs to be made, period)
  • Shadow Hearts
  • Battletoads (yeah, don't act like you didn't love this game, it was awesome)
  • Ecco The Dolphin
That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now. Will definitely add some more as I think of more :D

Definitely agree with Mega Man, Shadow Hearts and Battletoads.

I'd add:
Onimusha
Dark Cloud
Monster Rancher - Might be harder to do this with physical media being at odds with digital, but I'd like to see it return.

The games I miss...
  • Star Wars Battlefront (why is there no Battlefront 3 yet? It seems like such an obvious moneymaker.)
  • MLB Slugfest
  • Psychonauts
  • Xenogears
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Jak and Daxter

Ohhhhh, good thread. :)

Let's see, franchises that I miss include:
  • PS1 quality Final Fantasy titles (yes with open worlds, and airships, and tons of exploration options)
  • Jet Moto
  • Cool Boarders
  • Heavenly Sword (sequel needs to be made, period)
  • Shadow Hearts
  • Battletoads (yeah, don't act like you didn't love this game, it was awesome)
  • Ecco The Dolphin
That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now. Will definitely add some more as I think of more :D
Ecco the Dolphin!!! I had both that game and the sequel on Sega CD! Those were pretty good games, too!

I miss Suikoden and Wild Arms and Breath of Fire
Ditto on Suikoden. If we'd gotten the PSP game, at least we'd have gotten a recent addition to the franchise, even if not to the original timeline/universe, but meh. I can only hope for comparable games at this point. The series has so much potential to return, but I think we all know it never will at this point, sadly.

I don't have much experience with Wild Arms, but I did enjoy 2 and 3. Wouldn't mind a new one of those.

Never really played any Breath of Fire games, though. Think I might've started emulating one or two of the first ones a while back, but that didn't last long...

So yeah. Suikoden. T-T

Definitely agree with Mega Man, Shadow Hearts and Battletoads.

I'd add:
Onimusha
Dark Cloud
Monster Rancher - Might be harder to do this with physical media being at odds with digital, but I'd like to see it return.

You, sir, just won a frickin' ton of awesome points for mentioning Monster Rancher. Love that series. And only the disc based entries. I've been hounding Tecmo Koei for years on their forums to bring the series back. And not with this handheld crap. I want to see the biggest, most awesome Monster Rancher to ever exist. Every monster type to ever exist, new ones, all the combos, and new ones of those, more in-depth dungeons and multiple monsters. Like 2 and 4 combined. Ah, can you tell I'm passionate about this old, favored series?

Obviously, I'd like Monster Rancher to come back.
Digimon World games.
Nintendo Banjo-Kazooie ( Thanks for killing it Microsoft.)
Mario RPG
E.V.O. The Search for Eden. I want more out of Square Enix on this front. Would be awesome on today's machines.
Legacy of Kain
King of Monsters
Megaman X
Dark Cloud
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Vexx
Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus
Need for Speed (ala High Stakes and original Most Wanted.)
Illusion of Gaia/Soul Blazer/Terranigma
Proper Crash games.
And I think that will do for now.

You, sir, just won a frickin' ton of awesome points for mentioning Monster Rancher. Love that series. And only the disc based entries. I've been hounding Tecmo Koei for years on their forums to bring the series back. And not with this handheld crap. I want to see the biggest, most awesome Monster Rancher to ever exist. Every monster type to ever exist, new ones, all the combos, and new ones of those, more in-depth dungeons and multiple monsters. Like 2 and 4 combined. Ah, can you tell I'm passionate about this old, favored series?

Obviously, I'd like Monster Rancher to come back.
Digimon World games.
Nintendo Banjo-Kazooie ( Thanks for killing it Microsoft.)
Mario RPG
E.V.O. The Search for Eden. I want more out of Square Enix on this front. Would be awesome on today's machines.
Legacy of Kain
King of Monsters
Megaman X
Dark Cloud
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Vexx
Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus
Need for Speed (ala High Stakes and original Most Wanted.)
Illusion of Gaia/Soul Blazer/Terranigma
Proper Crash games.
And I think that will do for now.

Well I'm glad to win awesome points whenever I can. I was really hoping that a Monster Rancher would appear on the PS3, but alas it never came. I only played 2 and 4, but I enjoyed both of those games quite a bit. Would love to see it make a return. Do you ever get any replies to your hounding of Tecmo Koei?

Jak and Daxter
Megaman Legends
Dark Cloud
.hack//
Proper Gundam Games in the west
May feel a bit premature but Yakuza games in the west
Xenosaga (That's right. Saga.)
Onimusha

Well I'm glad to win awesome points whenever I can. I was really hoping that a Monster Rancher would appear on the PS3, but alas it never came. I only played 2 and 4, but I enjoyed both of those games quite a bit. Would love to see it make a return. Do you ever get any replies to your hounding of Tecmo Koei?

Nope. And I have yet to relent. Though I've lost the link to them after getting a new PC. So I'll have to do another five hours of digging online to hunt those forums down. They are tricky to locate. And you played the best two out of the entire series. The others are great, but Monster Rancher 2 and Monster Rancher 4 crown the series in that order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"