help us... Localization of the Playstation Vita Game Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

I've played a couple of the DS games and they are no where near as complex. They just don't compete. On a pokemon game I can find myself in a bad match with some crazy move sets, and everything, but I've never seen anything in Digimon at the level of Pokemon, and I beat one of the DS games.

Can you explain which ones have these systems in place? I've only played Dusk.

Can I transfer my Digimon from Dusk to the next game? What is the next game?

Like I said before, the DS version are garbage compared to the original one. Try out the original Digimon World 1 Game on the PS1/PSP.

In Digimon World 1, Your Digimon DIES. Theres a LIFESPAN, HAPPINESS Bar, DISCIPLINE Bar, FOOD Bar, Toilet Bar [yes i know lol], Tiredness, and Enviromental effects and Sickness. Theres progression in where you have to raise a baby digimon, train it, help him grow up. Just getting to the final MEGA form takes a huge amount of work. All of these add an amazing depth to the game.

For Example, If your digimon poo poos on the ground too often, it would afffect his discipline AND his Digivolution. He might turn into a Nunamon OR die. He will probably not even listen to you.

If you do not have the correct stats, his evolution will fail Or he will NOT digivolve into the Digimon you might want him to turn into. Also, only SOME moves carry over to the next digimon when your current one dies.

The Truly best Digimon Game is Digimon World 1, The one released on the PSP was an okay smaller version.

Theres been some news of a new digimon game, similar to dusk/dawn for the 3ds [sadly =.=] and a new Battle Area game for the PS3[ much hype :3]

Like I said before, the DS version are garbage compared to the original one. Try out the original Digimon World 1 Game on the PS1/PSP.

In Digimon World 1, Your Digimon DIES. Theres a LIFESPAN, HAPPINESS Bar, DISCIPLINE Bar, FOOD Bar, Toilet Bar [yes i know lol], Tiredness, and Enviromental effects and Sickness. Theres progression in where you have to raise a baby digimon, train it, help him grow up. Just getting to the final MEGA form takes a huge amount of work. All of these add an amazing depth to the game.

For Example, If your digimon poo poos on the ground too often, it would afffect his discipline AND his Digivolution. He might turn into a Nunamon OR die. He will probably not even listen to you.

If you do not have the correct stats, his evolution will fail Or he will NOT digivolve into the Digimon you might want him to turn into. Also, only SOME moves carry over to the next digimon when your current one dies.

The Truly best Digimon Game is Digimon World 1, The one released on the PSP was an okay smaller version.

Theres been some news of a new digimon game, similar to dusk/dawn for the 3ds [sadly =.=] and a new Battle Area game for the PS3[ much hype :3]

I was gonna argue with you, but fact of the matter is... none of it matters.

You're saying the deep one is Digimon World and that the other ones aren't as deep. Yet it has no online, and the DS ones aren't up to that degree. You wanted to argue, but within your argument you confirm what I said. The complex ones don't have online, and the online ones aren't as competitive.

So I guess we can stop here.

I was gonna argue with you, but fact of the matter is... none of it matters.

You're saying the deep one is Digimon World and that the other ones aren't as deep. Yet it has no online, and the DS ones aren't up to that degree. You wanted to argue, but within your argument you confirm what I said. The complex ones don't have online, and the online ones aren't as competitive.

So I guess we can stop here.

Have you played Ps1 games? How can you argue that theres no "online" for a PS1 era game? Pokemon did not have online either during the GBA series. BOTH has multiplayer. so your argument is extremely poorly put together.

People who "try" to argue without stating any facts AND experience lose a lot of credibility

edit: Forgot to mention. we were arguing Depth. Not Online playability vs other people is not depth however. Digimon World 1 AND the Psp one has multiplayer.

Have you played Ps1 games? How can you argue that theres no "online" for a PS1 era game? Pokemon did not have online either during the GBA series. BOTH has multiplayer. so your argument is extremely poorly put together.

People who "try" to argue without stating any facts AND experience lose a lot of credibility

edit: Forgot to mention. we were arguing Depth. Not Online playability vs other people is not depth however. Digimon World 1 AND the Psp one has multiplayer.
I thought I had Digimon World 1, but I looked and I had 3. My argument is not extremely poorly put together.

In order to play, you have to have 2 people able to play the game, and put their characters on memory cards, bring them to each other's house, just to have a battle. Versus, playing a pokemon game, pulling out a link cable, and then trading or battling. It's a lot more hassle to play. The PSP version is better at that, but people tend to opt for the DS because the DS is more portable, and less scratchable screen wise. Does the game even sync levels of the digimon?

The first Digimon game is almost guaranteed to be a better and deeper experience than the first 2 Pokemon games. Those games had almost no sense of balance ESPECIALLY the first game.

However none of that matters because people aren't bringing over memory cards to each other's houses as much anymore, and while there is a PSP version, it doesn't have any where near the breadth or depth. It might be a good and challenging survival game with competitive battling, but it's been stagnant for a decade.

Having online battles may not be necessary to add depth to the battle mechanics. HOWEVER the depth of the fighting mechanics do not matter if it is a massive struggle to find someone to play the game with.

I shouldn't have to explain all of this. I guess I do.

I thought I had Digimon World 1, but I looked and I had 3. My argument is not extremely poorly put together.

In order to play, you have to have 2 people able to play the game, and put their characters on memory cards, bring them to each other's house, just to have a battle. Versus, playing a pokemon game, pulling out a link cable, and then trading or battling. It's a lot more hassle to play. The PSP version is better at that, but people tend to opt for the DS because the DS is more portable, and less scratchable screen wise. Does the game even sync levels of the digimon?

The first Digimon game is almost guaranteed to be a better and deeper experience than the first 2 Pokemon games. Those games had almost no sense of balance ESPECIALLY the first game.

However none of that matters because people aren't bringing over memory cards to each other's houses as much anymore, and while there is a PSP version, it doesn't have any where near the breadth or depth. It might be a good and challenging survival game with competitive battling, but it's been stagnant for a decade.

Having online battles may not be necessary to add depth to the battle mechanics. HOWEVER the depth of the fighting mechanics do not matter if it is a massive struggle to find someone to play the game with.

I shouldn't have to explain all of this. I guess I do.

When you played DW1 when it came out. You are going to find a lot of people.
When you play something WHEN consoles CAN connect to the internet.
When there are different Eras...

must I go on?

When you played DW1 when it came out. You are going to find a lot of people.
When you play something WHEN consoles CAN connect to the internet.
When there are different Eras...

must I go on?
You keep bringing up the PSP game that was NEVER LOCALIZED, as if it somehow made your argument better.

It didn't. All it did was erect more barriers to playing, learning, and enjoying the game, and DRASTICALLY hurts the competitive battling environment.

Your argument was bad before, but now it's just utterly crippled.

YOU were the one comparing the old games to the new games. YOU started that because the NEW games weren't polished and deep enough.

I don't even know why the fuck you're arguing. I want to see better games out of Digimon. I really do. I'm not going to pretend that a bunch of people are going to say "Screw Alpha and Omega Saphire and Ruby the new Digimon game is coming out!"

It's not going to happen. They aren't in competition with each other. Digmon sells to Digimon fans. Pokemon is so deep and rewarding that people who aren't Pokemon fans still want to competitively battle using Pokemon Battle Simulators that take out all the game mechanics, and just strip the experience down to sheer numbers and strategy because the RPG PVP aspect is THAT solid.

That's what I'm trying to say, and you're getting all upset and butt hurt, and making horribly incoherent arguments. Just accept reality, and hopefully this time it'll be a good game that makes up for a lot of its past struggles.

nonono. You are raging right now.

Think about it. How do you compare a game from PS1 to a current game with access to Wifi?

Of course multiplayer is different.

Also you are just making yourself angrier for no reason. All i told u is Digimon World 1, PSP ones, is deeper and provided proof which you agreed to.

Then you tried to argue against old style multiplayer vs current multiplayer leading into a totally different thing.

When you calm youself. Write back.

nonono. You are raging right now.

Think about it. How do you compare a game from PS1 to a current game with access to Wifi?

Of course multiplayer is different.

Also you are just making yourself angrier for no reason. All i told u is Digimon World 1, PSP ones, is deeper and provided proof which you agreed to.

Then you tried to argue against old style multiplayer vs current multiplayer leading into a totally different thing.

When you calm youself. Write back.

This is what I said

This game isn't in competition with Pokemon. No where near the depth, no where near, the content, no where near, the hardcore pvp landscape.

That is what you argued against.

YOU were the one that brought up the PS1 game because you wanted to show that there was depth in a Digmon game before. However the new ones that have online, don't have that depth from that first one. You put yourself in a position where you comparing PS1 games across generations.

My overall point is, that even though Digimon games have been produced for decades, they have not been refining a formula, and they can not compete head to head with Pokemon games. The games are not in competition with each other. That was my point. Since the newer ones were so watered down, you brought up the PS1 game to argue depth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"