If you could take the helm of any development studio to make a game, which would it be?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Hugo Stiglitz, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Hybrid Extreme

Hybrid Extreme PSLS Level: Newbie

Wow, you've really put a lot of thought into this. Great ideas. I love Dead Space and it would be cool to see your ideas materialize into a prequel story.

2. Timewarp

Timewarp PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    funnydude6556
    Ever since I played Dead Space 3. I've always felt like the Dead Space franchise is one with a lot of potential as a survival horror franchise. It's like it got caught in some alleyway and Resident Evil tempted it into doing heroin with Call of Duty and Gears of War. I've thought that it needs to be a prequel so you can keep the mystery of the necromorph plus it's not that scary when the cast all know how to deal with the threat.

Plus it'd be cool to delve more into the psychological aspects of Dead Space. I mean you have the obvious inspirations there like I mention but what about Stanley Kubrick or Alfred Hitchcook? But yeah I put a lot of thought into this.

Hybrid Extreme likes this.
  3. Hugo Stiglitz

Hugo Stiglitz PSLS Level: Bronze

I LOVED Dead Space 2. And I think Dead Space 1 and 2 are some of the best games of last gen easily.

I think 3 was a good game, but it wasn't a good Dead Space. It was too different from the first 2. A good game in its own right, but a terrible entry in the franchise just like AC IV. Both AC IV and Dead Space 3 would've been good games if they were a new IP, but in their respective series they were garbage IMO

4. Timewarp

Timewarp PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    funnydude6556
    Yeah I feel the same way about Dead Space 3. It was a good game if it was a new IP and not a Dead Space game. I think it's ok to like it as an entity of it's own, a lot like how Terminator 2 is a good movie but kind of fails as a sequel really when you think about it.

Dead Space is a game I think could do so much but it's like every other game on the market. It's so stuck to these arbitrary rules that the creators and publishers can't think outside the box. It's why I don't think Far Cry 4 will be any good, it'll be fun but it just looks like the creators have gone "Well you liked FC3 so we just made that again!". I hate codes and conventions, to me they are just arbitrary rules that tell content creators what's wrong and right, what happened to original thought? Or just creating original work? I just think entertainment shouldn't follow a formula.

Hugo Stiglitz likes this.
  5. Chalryn

Chalryn PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Chalryn
    This. Sooooo this.

Or whatever group the original creator is with these days. (Blue Moon something-or-other, IIRC?) Since we all know the original creator is where it's at.

Lifewish and stolenxnametag like this.
  6. Lifewish

Lifewish 중재자 Staff Member

PSN:
    lifewish
    you just get me!

7. Hugo Stiglitz

Hugo Stiglitz PSLS Level: Bronze

Yea I agree but also, if a game is good enough I actually like to see sequels. Problem is they'll make sequels even if the game was mediocre.

8. MakaiOokami

MakaiOokami PSLS Level: Bronze

Why not just have Naughty Dog make a new I.P.?

Something like 40 percent of CoD players have tried the story mode. More than half, most of the CoD players have ONLY played the multiplayer? Why so people will buy it mindlessly and it'll get bad reviews because it's "not really a CoD" game?

These people can't even figure out that Modern Warfare 2 is a sequel to CoD Modern Warfare unless it has that CoD in front! They did focus tests, and name recognition wasn't there without CoD!

9. MakaiOokami

MakaiOokami PSLS Level: Bronze

I'd take control of the best people for the job to port the following games to PS4.

Borderlands Bringing the Crazy Edition (PS4 reworking for the games based off a PC version)

From Software HD Collection (Demon's Souls + Dark Souls and 2 +DLC)

Elder Scrolls HD Standalones (Marrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim all done with Skyrim level visuals, and with the ability to choose between Classic or Skyrim leveling progressions with a bit of retooling)

Then I'd top it all off with taking over Blizzard and redoing Diablo 2 cell shaded in a way that kept with the original design, but updates the game so that it doesn't lose any of the fun, and I can just watch people love the game all over again, and sometimes for the first time.

If you can't tell all I want for the most part is games that choke the PS3 and strangle it, to be released on the PS4 and look phenomenal so I can put another 200 hours into each.

10. Jollyjumper

Jollyjumper PSLS Level: Newbie

I think I would choose DotEmu, to make some PS1 & PS2 great ports, with remakes or new games on PSN.

I like the way they make retrogaming come back, and I think it's time for them to make ports from 90's & 2000's PS games

Hugo Stiglitz likes this.
  11. ryotjakhai

ryotjakhai PSLS Level: Newbie

I would love for them to do the single player (possibly the multi player if it HAD to be included
    Redtube Beeg Spankbang

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019