PlayStation Now launching with hundreds of titles

Borshay

PSLS Level: Silver
Everything Vita
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/14/playstation-now-launching-with-hundreds-of-titles

At today's invite-only PlayStation event, Sony talked about its upcoming streaming service called PlayStation Now, and it sounds like a whole lot of games are going to be available when it launches later this year.
Todd Liss of Sony told IGN that PlayStation Now will launch with "hundreds of titles." Now is currently in closed beta, and is still slated to launch this summer in North America.

Also at the PlayStation event, Sony was showing off two games running on Now for the very first time. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception was shown being played on PlayStation 4, while Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus was shown being played on PlayStation Vita. The former game was hinted at earlier on the website of Gaikai, the streaming technology company Sony acquired a couple of years ago for $380 million.

Unfortunately, little else is known about PS Now, other than that renting games may cost $4.99-$5.99, and that both first party games -- like the aforementioned Uncharted 3 and Ratchet: Nexus -- and third party games will be available.

We went hands-on with PlayStation Now earlier this year, and were left impressed by the experience. We hope to have more on PS Now in between now and E3 in early June.

I really want to try this service still.. but let's hope a hundred something titles is accurate

The service has worked flawlessly for me so far. I am on a wired 30mb cable internet connection. I think it is great that they are shooting for such a high number of titles at launch.

The service has worked flawlessly for me so far. I am on a wired 30mb cable internet connection. I think it is great that they are shooting for such a high number of titles at launch.
Nice! Thanks for some impressions from somebody with hands on experience.

Nice! Thanks for some impressions from somebody with hands on experience.
No problem. The service has already improved a decent amount since the beginning. The load times have improved from what I can tell. Trophies pop while playing but they don't sync with your account right now. The interface is set up pretty much exactly like the PS Store. There are currently 20 games available. When you choose a game you are given a choice of 1 day, 7 day or 30 day rentals.

The games currently available are:

Puppeteer
Eat Them!
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap
PixelJunk Shooter 2
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Ben 10 Omniverse 2
CONTRAST
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
Catherine
El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON
FUEL
GRID
Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear
LUMINES Supernova
NiGHTS into dreams...
Retro/Grade
Sacred Citidel
Saints Row: The Third
Skullgirls Encore
Sniper Elite V2

Last edited:
No problem. The service has already improved a decent amount since the beginning. The load times have improved from what I can tell. Trophies pop while playing but they don't sync with your account right now. The interface is set up pretty much exactly like the PS Store. There are currently 20 games available. When you choose a game you are given a choice of 1 day, 7 day or 30 day rentals.

The games currently available are:

Puppeteer
Eat Them!
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap
PixelJunk Shooter 2
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
Ben 10 Omniverse 2
CONTRAST
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
Catherine
El Shaddai ASCENSION OF THE METATRON
FUEL
GRID
Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear
LUMINES Supernova
NiGHTS into dreams...
Retro/Grade
Sacred Citidel
Saints Row: The Third
Skullgirls Encore
Sniper Elite V2

That PSN NiGHTS game? Nice, I know they mentioned Last of Us & Ratchet Nexus in the link above. Only reason I may not be waiting for it on day 1 of its Vita launch is because of my current Vita backlog lol

That PSN NiGHTS game? Nice, I know they mentioned Last of Us & Ratchet Nexus in the link above. Only reason I may not be waiting for it on day 1 of its Vita launch is because of my current Vita backlog lol
That is the one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"