Ps vita imports

Darklingvladd

PSLS Level: Bronze
I know this is a section that sees fewer posts but I would like to know psls' opinion on Assault Gunners for PS Vita. It is a mecha third person shooter digital download only for japan only. There are few such games on platform.

ALL of my vita games are imports, cuz the US has nothing good for it. my psp serves to hold a lot of my imports too.

Well I am not a mech person at all, so I don't think this would appeal to me. However, the game does look good and I would agree that this type of game is scarce on the Vita. No idea how easy the import would be though.

Off topic (kind of): How difficult is it to learn enough Japanese to enjoy imports? I know it varies from game to game, but roughly?

Off topic (kind of): How difficult is it to learn enough Japanese to enjoy imports? I know it varies from game to game, but roughly?
I would wait for Heath to hopefully see this conversation and chime in. I have only imported 2 games in my life time and one of them had full English menus, so it was a piece of cake.

I would wait for Heath to hopefully see this conversation and chime in. I have only imported 2 games in my life time and one of them had full English menus, so it was a piece of cake.

I'd love to hear from as many people as possible.

Learning the language takes alot of time, however as far as the games go you really have nothing to worry about, many of them are so blatantly obvious about how they work it's not even funny and 99% of imports out there have a translated menu, trophy list, and manual online, you just have to look it up. Playing imports is incredibly easy. I import ALOT of games, but play them on my japanese acct. and creating a japan acct to have access to their games is easy as well. I could easily help you in that area if you wish, just message me sometime and i'll help ya out.

First, here's this:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/02/05/how-to-play-japanese-games-and-rule-at-it/

Depends heavily on the game.

You might be able to get through the gameplay of a story-heavy game like Xenogears, but you're gonna miss the conversations and most plot details. That's a game available in English, but I just picked an example of a story-heavy game.

But Jacky's pretty much nailing it. I disagree on the percentages of course -- 99% seems a little high to me ^_^ -- but yeah, if you're a gamer, you know how to game and you can pull it off in any language.

In my work (I play and review these games a lot), I do, however, see a lot of people missing things within games because they don't understand enough Japanese to know otherwise. Some easy games will look misleadingly hard because the players don't know what they're doing, etc.

...But I'm getting sidetracked. On the whole, you don't need to be a master of Japanese to play and enjoy Japanese games, especially if story is no concern.

First, here's this:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/02/05/how-to-play-japanese-games-and-rule-at-it/

You might be able to get through the gameplay of a story-heavy game like Xenogears, but you're gonna miss the conversations and most plot details. That's a game available in English, but I just picked an example of a story-heavy game.

But Jacky's pretty much nailing it. I disagree on the percentages of course -- 99% seems a little high to me ^_^ -- but yeah, if you're a gamer, you know how to game and you can pull it off in any language.

In my work (I play and review these games a lot), I do, however, see a lot of people missing things within games because they don't understand enough Japanese to know otherwise. Some easy games will look misleadingly hard because the players don't know what they're doing, etc.

...But I'm getting sidetracked. On the whole, you don't need to be a master of Japanese to play and enjoy Japanese games, especially if story is no concern.

Perhaps i should've said 'a vast majority of the games out there', instead of 99%

When i was saying 99% i was basically trying to say that. Bad habit.

Also for some games, i've surprisingly noticed that just following a characters body language, facial expressions, and tone of voice. You can get a gist of the situation. Sengoku basara 4 is a good example of that. However the game has to be very well done in that area for it to work.

I will take a look at the article! And then I'd love some help @Jacky! Much appreciated!

Freaking love this community.

Just send me a friend request or message like i said and i'll help ya out. If you want i can give you a list of games you can try.

First, here's this:

I didn't know you guys had an article like that, first time i played an import i jumped right in, played around til i got used to the game. I think it was ddr on a friends modded ps2.

Just send me a friend request or message like i said and i'll help ya out. If you want i can give you a list of games you can try.

I have no idea how to send a friend request here, haha. Or how to send a message, for that matter. But I'd love some advice.

Feel free to do either, so that I get the notification and am able to respond. I'm excited! This opens up a world of possibilities for gaming on my Vita!

I have no idea how to send a friend request here, haha. Or how to send a message, for that matter. But I'd love some advice.

Feel free to do either, so that I get the notification and am able to respond. I'm excited! This opens up a world of possibilities for gaming on my Vita!

I was refering to ps 3 or ps4 request, and to send mssgs on here you simply click on the little letter icon That appears on your screen here in the forums, upper right hand corner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"