PS3 & PS Vita HELP

beebudy

PSLS Level: Bronze
Hello everyone!

I'm actually a real noobie here! Even on Playstation! I've been playing on my x360 for years but this December I trade it for a Playstation 4. Some weeks later I bought a Playstation Vita, and obviously I fell in love with the Playstation again ( because I have a PSone, and a Playstation 2 ).

So I'm here to ask for good PS Vita recommendations! What are the best "not to be missed" games for the Vita?
What do recommend? and Why?

And I'm planning to buy a Playstation 3. Sadly I missed all the exclusive titles, what do you recommend? (retail and digital only)

Thank you!;)

What kinds of games do you like?

Gravity Rush immediately comes to mind as a "YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS" game. It was a great example of what the Vita could be used to do with the fun gyro controls, glittery graphics, and memorable story that came with it.

There are some spinoffs of console titles on the Vita. Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate, Killzone Mercenary, and Resistance: Burning Skies.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Collection is a solid set of turn-based PS2-era RPGs that have cross-save compatibility with the PS3 versions of those games. The collection will be coming out for PS4 this summer, so you may be able to share saves with that as well.

If you like Monster Hunter games, then you may like Freedom Wars, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, and Soul Sacrifice.

Mortal Kombat, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R are a solid bunch of fighting games.

It all depends on what you like! :D

So far I tried Tearaway, Sly Collection, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, (for this reason I bought)--> Bentley's Hack Pack, Jack and Daxter Trilogy, Little Big Planet PS Vita, and I have to say that all of them worth the money!

I was looking forward to Batman A.O. Blackgate, but I read a lot of bad reviews about it, and I haven't tried it yet.. Is it that good with the original Arkham games? I loved all 3 of them and I don't want to be disappointed in the series.

As for Assassin's Creed, I don't know.. I loved the series up to AC3.. that was the last AC I tried.. (I know shame on me.. but it couldn't catch me any more)
I like fighting games, so I think I'll try some of your recommendations, but what about PS ALL-Stars? Is it worth to be played? :)

Any Playstation 3 recommendations? ;)

And of course thank you for your comment ;)

I enjoyed PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, and it does not take long to earn the platinum trophy for it. The best way to play that game is with friends. I live 14 hours away from my hometown, so it was fun to talk with a few of my friends and play online with them. :D

Again, it is hard to recommend games unless you have some specific tastes. Katamari Forever is one of my favorite PS3 games, but it isn't for everyone!

If you like hack 'n slash titles, then Koei has several Warriors games on PS3 (and a few for Vita). Dynasty Warriors 6, Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires, Dynasty Warriors 7, Dynasty Warriors 7: Extreme Legends, Warriors Orochi 3, and Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate are among my favorites for PS3. Dynasty Warriors Next, Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, and Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition are all on Vita.

Several people enjoy the Uncharted series on PS3. I have never played any of those games. The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls were two of the last games that I bought for PS3 before the PS4 launched. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 HD Remix are also great titles for PS3.

Check out the reviews on PlayStation LifeStyle. If you notice that a particular writer has similar tastes in games to you, then you should read more reviews from that writer. I tend to favor reviews from @Heath, @Chandler Wood, @Dan Oravasaari, and @Lifewish (Cameron).

What are your favorite types of games? RPG, shooter, platformer? Kinda sounds like you really like platformers, so the Rayman games are, IMO, best played on Vita. For PS3, it's hugely underrated, and I don't know if you played it on 360, but Enslaved is just awesome as an action platformer.

I looked at your trophy list and here's my recommendations.

Journey - Won GOTY for a lot of companies, this is sort of a relaxing, unique experience, where you head in a direction, and the game is about exploring, no combat, but you can take damage from some enemies.

Puppeteer - You will probably LOVE this game. (Theoretically) One of the most charming games ever. The whole thing is based on a hybrid of theatre, the stages pop up before your eyes because it's all done on a single stage. it's brilliant. I'm sure some people wouldn't be able to handle this kind of charm, which is why I included a video.

more on the way. don't have time this second.

Sorry for the late response but thank you all for your help! I bought a super slim PS3 last month and I'm planning to refresh my collection with the great games you recommended!

I never got around to posting more stuff. Then again you had a really late reply. XD

If you like music games there's Kick Beat and Shatter.

If you like Puzzle games I recommend looking at Critter Crunch, and Might and Magic Clash of Heroes.

If you like sports games I would recommend HotShots Golf, and NBA Jam On Fire Edition (I think that one is the good one)

For Beat'em Ups they took down Scott Pilgrim, but there's still Double Dragon Neon, and Castle Crashers, and Dragon Crown.

For Action games there's of course God of War, and Devil May Cry. DEFINITELY try Strength of Sword or at least look it up it's $5 and they're making another game, and possibly grab Demon's Souls or Dark Souls on sale.

For relaxing soothing games there's Journey, like I mentioned, Race the Sun, Flower, Flow, Entwined.

For friends get togethers there's Sports Friends, Jackbox Party, Fibbage, Fat Princess, Nidhogg and on and on.

For top down games, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Don't Starve, Resogun, Diablo 3, Dead Nation, Gundemonium Recollection (one of them is a 3 pack of shmup games, and it's an amazing bundle IMO.)

I guess that's good enough for now. I mean tell me what Genres I left out.

Almost every game I listed is $20 or less. Diablo 3 is one of the more expensive ones but one of the more hours per dollar ones too.

I never got around to posting more stuff. Then again you had a really late reply. XD

If you like music games there's Kick Beat and Shatter.

If you like Puzzle games I recommend looking at Critter Crunch, and Might and Magic Clash of Heroes.

If you like sports games I would recommend HotShots Golf, and NBA Jam On Fire Edition (I think that one is the good one)

For Beat'em Ups they took down Scott Pilgrim, but there's still Double Dragon Neon, and Castle Crashers, and Dragon Crown.

For Action games there's of course God of War, and Devil May Cry. DEFINITELY try Strength of Sword or at least look it up it's $5 and they're making another game, and possibly grab Demon's Souls or Dark Souls on sale.

For relaxing soothing games there's Journey, like I mentioned, Race the Sun, Flower, Flow, Entwined.

For friends get togethers there's Sports Friends, Jackbox Party, Fibbage, Fat Princess, Nidhogg and on and on.

For top down games, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Don't Starve, Resogun, Diablo 3, Dead Nation, Gundemonium Recollection (one of them is a 3 pack of shmup games, and it's an amazing bundle IMO.)

I guess that's good enough for now. I mean tell me what Genres I left out.

Almost every game I listed is $20 or less. Diablo 3 is one of the more expensive ones but one of the more hours per dollar ones too.

Awesome suggestions thank you! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"