PSLS’ Morning Wood Ep. 070: Raps and Rail Shooters, Gundamn!

stolenxnametag

PSLS Level: Kraken
PSLS Ambassador
episode-070.png

This weekend on Morning Wood, @Chandler Wood (with his trademark Shock Top Belgian White) and @D'yani (with her trademark cat friends) discuss the hardships of having a Move controller in 2014, raising kill counters, and having a band named Morning Wood (not to be confused with Morningwood). Paired with the poetic justice of @thewolfnears, this episode was fun!

Blue Estate
D'yani's review of Blue Estate isn't about a housing sim, but it's a rail shooter that seems to have done a few things wrong. I'm actually wondering why they completely omitted PS4 camera and PS Move support. While rail shooters are kind of hit or miss regardless of how well they're done, motion controls actually make the games playable either way! I remember getting Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles on PS Plus, and that made me resurrect my PS3 eye and Move controllers from the ashes of my cabinet. I even went to Best Buy and bought a Move pistol!

DW Gundamnnnn Reborn
During the process of writing the review for Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn, Chandler discovered a few of the things that made long-time fans of the Warriors series enjoy those games. Among them, the kill counter has really made the series great for couch co-op in my friend circle. Some of the more recent entries of Warriors games has made this more complicated, but the Gundam series added something that my friends and I never saw coming - you have flying robots. One of my friends had a great time with a couple of these games, but they never clicked with me. I'll stick to regular ol' DW and Warriors Orochi for now.

Rap Battle Email Party
A great game is nothing without its soundtrack, and D'yani valiantly makes that clear. I've played games that I never would have considered as awesome without the music in them, such as one of the ATV Offroad Fury games having Deadsy in it, the power metal solos in every Dynasty Warriors game, the weird awesome feel-good music from PixelJunk Monsters, and the epic fanfare of nearly every main title in the Final Fantasy franchise.

Last edited:
Another great write up. Keep it up!

I have to admit. I cringed at the lyrics I sent them. All part of the fun, though.

I think the next email I send them will also be in rhyme, just not in rap form.

I just need to decide on a subject.

Last edited:
Another great write up. Keep it up!

I have to admit. I cringed at the lyrics I sent them. All part of the fun, though.

I think the next email I send them will also be in rhyme, just not in rap form.

I just need to decide on a subject.
Write about one of the games releasing this week. :D

Edit: Better yet, answer the trivia question from the part where @D'yani talked about soundtracks. That could be a great piece of rhyme for next week.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"