PSLS' Morning Wood Ep. 064: Transistor and Wolfenstein

stolenxnametag

PSLS Level: Kraken
PSLS Ambassador
I woke up Saturday with something important to do. I watched Morning Wood instead. #funfacts

episode-064.png

Phone Bricking
Were you guys both running the stock OS provided by your carrier? Sometimes new OTA updates on Android devices interfere with system root access and just bricks phones completely. I've seen threads on xdadevelopers and a few other places where people talked about.

Assuming you guys have the xt926 from Verizon, this link might help you out. I think it requires signing up for an account, but xda sent me there. It was linked by someone who was helping out people whose phones were bricked after the Kit Kat OTA update.

Transistor
I bought this after D'yani's review, but I still haven't played it. I've been playing Sparkle 2 and laughing at my wife while she plays King Oddball like it's her job. :D Seriously, that game is hilarious if you guys haven't checked it out.

While reading @Chandler Wood's interview with Greg Kasavin, I was surprised to find out how there are only 12 people in that studio. For Transistor to be made by only 12 people, it's pretty badass. I watched D'yani play on PSLS Live a few nights ago, and that helped to drive my interest even more. It just looks fun! Props to Kasavin, though, for not wanting to use "preachy and didactic stories" in his work. I can respect that!

Chandler, don't hang up your reviewer's hat, yet! Use her Child of Light and Transistor reviews as inspiration for your next reviews.

Wolfenstein
Morgan wants to kill Nazis? Nice!

I've been well surprised at how well the reception on this game has been so far. I'm not quite interested in purchasing it right now. I have too many other games to play at the moment, but I might sit and watch someone else play on Twitch one night.

The Sims 4
@D'yani is loading Windows onto her Mac to play The Sims 4? HAHA My wife's old laptop had a cheap integrated graphics card that wasn't compatible with The Sims 3: Pets expansion, so it would always crash when she loaded it. I bought her an insane over-the-top laptop with a 2gb (GDDR5) dedicated graphics card in anticipation for The Sims 4.

I haven't heard whether or not The Sims 4 was actually coming to consoles or not, but I'm sure it will eventually come to PS4 and Xbox One. Our new gen consoles are pretty much stripped-down gaming computers, and their software runs on an x86 architecture like pc games now. I don't think the port would be too difficult to make, and the focus on many PSN / XBLA games seems to be on microtransactions, so the expansions shouldn't be that difficult either. In anticipation of one or both of you reviewing it, I'll hope for its arrival.

E3 Two Weeks
How excited are you two? If you decide to go test out places for your camera, then you should definitely post excerpts on Youtube!

New Morning Wood Theme Song?
We're always together in perfect harmony <3
I was going to type out all of the lyrics, but the words don't seem to be lyrics after that point. :D

Last edited:
I like the theme song idea! Haha, I don't think there were words after what you've typed there...

I am so wishing I had a dedicated Sims/gaming laptop. I NEEEED IT @Chandler Wood , NEED.

And our phones were both locked (unrooted). We actually just got our replacement phones today and I'm attempting to update mine BEFORE I go through the effort of restoring all the apps I had on my old one. I don't know what I'll do if it gets bricked too.

Now I'm looking at that kitkat upgrade thread that solves the problem we were having.... hope my new phone doesn't have the same problem.

The Sims 4
I bought her an insane over-the-top laptop with a 2gb (GDDR5) dedicated graphics card in anticipation for The Sims 4.
Edited to read 2gb (gddr5) instead of 3gb.

It's not like a frames-per-second-crunching powerhouse made for a some super master race pc gamer, but it's fairly highly spec'd when considering that I solely bought it for her to play the Sims without interruption. In case you guys wanted to know what she uses to run The Sims 3 flawlessly somehow, it's:

- 16GB 2 DIMM (2x8GB) DDR3L 1600Mhz <--- The L in DDR3L matters. It theoretically makes it run faster at lower voltages.
- Nvidia GeForce GT 750M 2gb GDDR5 <--- According to Notebookcheck, it's seemingly optimal for getting around 30-60 fps on low and medium settings for several games.
- 256GB SSD
- 4th gen Intel Core i7 <--- I don't remember which one. It's quad core and had less compatibility issues than others that I read about in its series.

My primary concerns were with the graphics card, but I also didn't want to have to buy another when The Sims 4 came out, so I went ahead opted for extra RAM and a SSD, too. Her old laptop was good, but it had an integrated graphics card that was incompatible with the Pets Expansion. When I bought this one, she started turning up knobs on her settings and getting excited because her touchscreen worked with it. She was all like, "I can touch The Sims!!!"

Omg that sounds perfect. I have to come back here when/if I buy a Sims computer. Touching the Sims would be awesome! Although I do use a ton of keyboard shortcuts though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"