Question about Routes to PSN and EA Servers

Michahellis

PSLS Level: Newbie
For quite a while now I have been experiencing some delay (similar to input lag) when play NHl 15 online for ps3. I have a very good connection 75 down, 30 up and,ping is 4ms to local servers and around 30 ms to servers over 1200 miles away.

I have a Bell Aliant Fibre Op connection and an actiontec r1000h router. I have assigned a static ip to my ps3 and have it placed in the DMZ with UpNP turned off on both my ps3 and router. My firewall is set to NAT only.

I recently discovered the NAT table feature in my router settings. In here it seems to show ip's for servers I'm connecting to on the PSN and EA. It would see that that are times I'm connecting to servers in western North America for the PSN and also for EA. I'm located in Newfoundland, so this is driving my ping times ways up.

I have pinged east coast servers for both psn adn EA and my ping is about 35-40ms, which is perfectly fine, but it's around 110 to the west coast servers, which is unplayable at the highest levels in the NHL franchise online.

I guess my question is ,what can be done about this, whose fault is it, is there anything that can be done. I'm a relative neophyte when it comes to networking, so it would be great if someone could help me out.

Thanks,

M

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"