Really liking Borderlands 2 on the Vita

Hugo Stiglitz

PSLS Level: Bronze
First of all, I think the graphics are awesome for a Vita game. I expected much less to be honest but I think it looks great. The framerate has also been rock solid except for when the game is loading or saving (much like Watchdogs). the only thing I'd like is the ability to increase the brightness.

Personally, I didn't like Borderlands 1 or 2 on PS3. I've never seen what all the hype's about.

On the vita though I'm actually really enjoying it. At first I was getting really frustrated. I was trying to beat an early boss (Capt. Flyn) and failing. It seems like the difficulty of this game is definitely made for 4 co op players, and it doesn't scale down if there's only 1 or 2.

After a few tries though I've got much better at the game, and I found some great guns and thankfully beat the crap out of him.

Personally I think Borderlands is a MUCH better fit for the Vita than it ever was for the Ps3 or Xbox 360. At home, I like a different kind of experience with gaming but on the road, something repetitive with little in the way of a story like this game actually fits it perfectly in my opinion.

You summed it up nicely! I'm just passed Capt Flynn myself (too many games!!) but have been enjoying it a lot.

It's one of those games where it's not fun until you start getting good at it. Once you do, it's quite rewarding.

Kind of like Gran Turismo or any good racing sim. Hard at first but so rewarding over time.

As a FPS veteran, I'm usually great at shooters even from the start so it took a while for me to realize the problem. Now that I get it I'm having fun. Still not seeing why people love this game as much as they do though lol

I got my Vita today, Borderlands is giving me major buyers remorse.

The frame rate is horrible, the game looks bad and I swear 99℅ of my shots hit nowhere near where I'm aiming.

This game gets maybe another day, probably less, before it gets deleted.

I got my Vita today, Borderlands is giving me major buyers remorse.

The frame rate is horrible, the game looks bad and I swear 99℅ of my shots hit nowhere near where I'm aiming.

This game gets maybe another day, probably less, before it gets deleted.

First of all, the framerate is far from horrible. Only time it's even noticeable is in sanctuary, and there's no combat there.

Second of all, the game doesn't look bad at all. Are you playing on a Vita slim? Because when I compared the Vita version directly to the PS3 version on my TV, I was absolutely amazed at how good the Vita version looks.

Thirdly, this is borderlands not CoD. The guns aren't super accurate, and some of the bullets don't even travel that quickly. That's why you need to play enough of it to get good guns.

This game is frustrating at first but it's one of those games where the more you play, the better and more rewarding it gets. If you can't make it far enough to realize that then maybe you should've done your research before buying it.

First of all, the framerate is far from horrible. Only time it's even noticeable is in sanctuary, and there's no combat there.

Second of all, the game doesn't look bad at all. Are you playing on a Vita slim? Because when I compared the Vita version directly to the PS3 version on my TV, I was absolutely amazed at how good the Vita version looks.

Thirdly, this is borderlands not CoD. The guns aren't super accurate, and some of the bullets don't even travel that quickly. That's why you need to play enough of it to get good guns.

This game is frustrating at first but it's one of those games where the more you play, the better and more rewarding it gets. If you can't make it far enough to realize that then maybe you should've done your research before buying it.

Imo i thought the ps3 version was far superior. I played the vita version as well. And confirmed my own fears of whether it would good or not, and it wasn't. This game was not meant to be a handheld port.

The frame rate is bad. There's is no argument that can be made here. I've played about an hour so far and I cannot tell you how many times i aim down my sights only to have the frame rate hitch up.

Yes m playing on the Vita slim. This is my first 'AAA' Vita game and if your saying this looks good then that's not giving me hope for other games? I played around 15 minutes on PS3 and it looks far better than this.

Here's where I have to apologize, as I literally laughed out loud at your assumption. I've played over 400 hours combined on BL and BL2 on Steam and probably a good 50 in BL n PS3. I KNOW what Borderlands is. This is a poorly done port.

It runs better then I was expecting. Porting a game from the PS3 to Vita is a terrible decision, even worse when it's not done by the people who created the original code. The Vita is not as powerful as the PS3, some seem to think so, but it's not. Then you have the sub4gb storage carts. Different hardware architecture.

I actually think it was a terrible decision to bundle BL2 with the Vita. Gives a terrible first impression, but they wanted to bundle it with a game that was well known rather then good.

I bought a code from a Slim owner, but I own an original Vita. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm really not too worried about it. I think by the time I get to play it, I'll probably be able to enjoy it enough to make my purchase worthwhile.

Then you have the sub4gb storage carts.

What does this mean? Does the size of your Vita memory card influence how the game runs?

It's the size of the Vita's game carts. It will effect the way the game looks as well as the audio. I'm sure it has some effect on frame rate, but not as much as the other two, and it can probably be ironed out through optimization. Download a high quality image and a low quality version of it. The size of the higher quality image will be higher.

The only way this game was going to run at 60fps is if it was built from scratch on the Vita, The game wasn't even stable 30fps on the PS3, it was never going to match it. UE3 runs like shit on the PS3 and they took that version to port to the Vita, which also has trouble with the Unreal engine.

It runs well enough for me to enjoy it, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near a top 10 of Vita titles.

Might as well have made it a download-only then. Killzone is HUGE on my card (bought it digital), but it runs fantastic.

I would like to know what everyone's top 10 games are, though.

Maybe time to create a top 10 thread?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"