Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus coming to NA, Fall 2014

Discussion in 'Vita and PSP' started by Heath, May 11, 2014.

1. Heath

Heath PSLS Level: Bronze Staff Member

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PSV) is coming to North America this fall, holy freaking crap. I never expected this. o_O

And hey, PlayStation Lifestyle already has a review of it:
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/04/16/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-review-vita-import/

And like 200 screenshots:
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-exclusive-screenshots-of-vitas-sexy-brawler/

Press Release Copypasta:
    I had fun with the import. To those who take the bounce, good luck!

stolenxnametag likes this.
  2. bigwilybobbily

bigwilybobbily PSLS Level: Newbie

PSN:
    bigwilybobbily
    Day 1. I need to get myself an artbook with it too. Name your price Xseed.

3. Borshay

Borshay PSLS Level: Silver Everything Vita

PSN:
    Borshay
  4. cigarley

cigarley PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    cigarley
    Heh, bounce

5. Jacky

Jacky PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    ScoobyPup01

I'm looking forward to the fact that Arcana Heart is being brought over again.

6. Lifewish

Lifewish 중재자 Staff Member

PSN:
    lifewish
    I am actually shocked with a couple of games that have recently been announced to come Stateside. What the heck is going on??

7. bigwilybobbily

bigwilybobbily PSLS Level: Newbie

PSN:
    bigwilybobbily
    Vita owners buy games, apparently.

8. Phoenix8387

Phoenix8387 PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Phoenix8387
    Saw this on the best selling list on Gamestop the other day (currently in second). Had no clue what it was.

I see some appeal to it, but the gameplay seems rather bland in the videos I saw. Seems to me like a game that wouldn't sell as well sans the sexualization.

9. Heath

Dynasty Warriors seems to be doing pretty well.

10. Phoenix8387

PSN:
    Phoenix8387
    Haven't seen sales figures for DW, as I frankly don't like the series, so wouldn't know. However, I stand by that a majority of the sales likely fall under the 'it has bouncy boobes and near nude females' category.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  11. Borshay

Borshay PSLS Level: Silver Everything Vita

PSN:
    Borshay
    The folks at NeoGAF actually have positive impressions for those who imported it. While the sexualization may be what draws people in, it has solid gameplay that will keep those who like the genre satisfied.

12. Heath

"I don't know anything about your counter example, but I will go on blindly believing what I said earlier, with no attempt to further my own understanding."

Well then. ^^;

13. Lifewish

Lifewish 중재자 Staff Member

PSN:
    lifewish
    [​IMG]

14. Phoenix8387

PSN:
    Phoenix8387
    I believe what I believe and without given proof otherwise, I have no reason to change my opinion. You're only comment is that DW sales are still 'pretty well.' And I would agree, as they're still being made. However, that is still not enough to convince me from saying that a majority of people will pick up and play the game because of tits and ass. Sex sells.

For your attempt to paraphrase me, it's much more "I don't give a shit. It's an irrelevant factor it my life that I don't need to look into."

That said, an opinion is an opinion. I'm not trying to piss on the game. It's apparently your opinion that the game will play great and for you it may well, but for me it's not what I look for.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  15. Heath

Right, and that assumption is inherently ignorant. I'm not trying to be a dick to you here, but scientifically speaking, that's quite surely a step towards the disease of Talkus-Outofus-Anusimus. XD

No one disputed this.

Noted.

No one said you were.

*Played great or plays great, not will play. I finished this game last year. (Hence the review.)

No one said it's what you look for. You made a statement based on, as you admit, indifference and unfamiliarity.

If you don't know about something, and by your own admission are not willing to learn more about it, then don't be surprised when someone who does know about it points and laughs. :D