Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus coming to NA, Fall 2014

Heath

PSLS Level: Bronze
Staff member
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PSV) is coming to North America this fall, holy freaking crap. I never expected this. o_O

And hey, PlayStation Lifestyle already has a review of it:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/04/16/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-review-vita-import/

And like 200 screenshots:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-exclusive-screenshots-of-vitas-sexy-brawler/

Press Release Copypasta:
XSEED Games Confirms Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus to Bounce onto PlayStation Vita this Fall

XSEED Games announced that the battle adventure title, Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, will be coming exclusively to the PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system as a digital download later this fall. For the ultimate of fans, XSEED Games will also be producing a limited run “Let’s Get Physical” retail version of the game, which will include a soundtrack CD and “Shinobi Syllabus” containing profiles of the shinobi students, gameplay strategies, and illustrations. The follow-up to last year’s Nintendo 3DS hand-held system title, Senran Kagura Burst, Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus takes the game’s signature over-the-top style and raises the bar in every possible way, from characters to art style, combat mechanics and story.

“Ever since we announced Senran Kagura Burst, PS Vita fans have been clamoring for Shinovi Versus, and we’re thrilled to be granting them their request,” said Ken Berry, Executive Vice President of XSEED Games. “The SSenran Kagura series has such deep and involving lore established through its games, manga and anime, and the fanbase is extremely loyal – we can’t wait for them to get their hands on Shinovi Versus.”

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus immediately follows the events of Burst, revisiting the fierce rivalry between the girls of Hanzō National Academy and their sworn enemies from Hebijo Clandestine Girls’ Academy, the latter of which have now gone underground and formed a mercenary strike team known as the Homura Crimson Squad. In addition to their old adversaries, the Hanzō girls must also face a whole new set of foes: the students of Gessen Girls’ Academy, who seek to punish them for their imperfections as shinobi warriors. Meanwhile, a new class is in session at Hebijo, and these students mean business: they oppose all three of the competing factions and will stop at nothing to be the last shinobi squad standing – even if it means leaving broken bodies and shattered dreams in their wake.

Throughout Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, players will take control of characters from each of these schools, experiencing the narrative from four distinct viewpoints via the original Japanese voice track coupled with English subtitles.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus is developed by Tamsoft together with MarvelousAQL Inc. of Japan, and will be released in North America for PS Vita by XSEED Games in fall 2014. XSEED Games will share more information in the coming months.

I had fun with the import. To those who take the bounce, good luck!

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PSV) is coming to North America this fall, holy freaking crap. I never expected this. o_O

And hey, PlayStation Lifestyle already has a review of it:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/04/16/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-review-vita-import/

And like 200 screenshots:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-exclusive-screenshots-of-vitas-sexy-brawler/

Press Release Copypasta:

I had fun with the import. To those who take the bounce, good luck!

I'm looking forward to the fact that Arcana Heart is being brought over again.

I am actually shocked with a couple of games that have recently been announced to come Stateside. What the heck is going on??

Saw this on the best selling list on Gamestop the other day (currently in second). Had no clue what it was.

I see some appeal to it, but the gameplay seems rather bland in the videos I saw. Seems to me like a game that wouldn't sell as well sans the sexualization.

Dynasty Warriors seems to be doing pretty well.
Haven't seen sales figures for DW, as I frankly don't like the series, so wouldn't know. However, I stand by that a majority of the sales likely fall under the 'it has bouncy boobes and near nude females' category.

Last edited:
Haven't seen sales figures for DW, as I frankly don't like the series, so wouldn't know. However, I stand by that a majority of the sales likely fall under the 'it has bouncy boobes and near nude females' category.
The folks at NeoGAF actually have positive impressions for those who imported it. While the sexualization may be what draws people in, it has solid gameplay that will keep those who like the genre satisfied.

"I don't know anything about your counter example, but I will go on blindly believing what I said earlier, with no attempt to further my own understanding."

Well then. ^^;

"I don't know anything about your counter example, but I will go on blindly believing what I said earlier, with no attempt to further my own understanding."

Well then. ^^;

take-on-me-GIF-psych.gif

Well then. ^^;
I believe what I believe and without given proof otherwise, I have no reason to change my opinion. You're only comment is that DW sales are still 'pretty well.' And I would agree, as they're still being made. However, that is still not enough to convince me from saying that a majority of people will pick up and play the game because of tits and ass. Sex sells.

For your attempt to paraphrase me, it's much more "I don't give a shit. It's an irrelevant factor it my life that I don't need to look into."

That said, an opinion is an opinion. I'm not trying to piss on the game. It's apparently your opinion that the game will play great and for you it may well, but for me it's not what I look for.

Last edited:
However, that is still not enough to convince me from saying that a majority of people will pick up and play the game because of tits and ass.
Right, and that assumption is inherently ignorant. I'm not trying to be a dick to you here, but scientifically speaking, that's quite surely a step towards the disease of Talkus-Outofus-Anusimus. XD

Sex sells.
No one disputed this.

For your attempt to paraphrase me, it's much more "I don't give a shit. It's an irrelevant factor it my life that I don't need to look into."
Noted.

That said, an opinion is an opinion. I'm not trying to piss on the game.
No one said you were.

It's apparently your opinion that the game will play great and for you it may well, but for me it's not what I look for.
*Played great or plays great, not will play. I finished this game last year. (Hence the review.)

No one said it's what you look for. You made a statement based on, as you admit, indifference and unfamiliarity.

If you don't know about something, and by your own admission are not willing to learn more about it, then don't be surprised when someone who does know about it points and laughs. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"