Why Didn't Delsin Need A Core Relay?

BigPete7978

PSLS Level: Silver
Just began my second play through for the difficulty and evil run of inFAMOUS: Second Son. Just wondering why Delsin didn't need a Core relay in the beginning when he got the smoke power. With the other powers he had absolutely no abilities. Yet in the beginning you are able to do the smoke teleport power and use your chain for melee after making contact with Hank in the game.

I've wondered that as well. My best guess is the point of him gaining smoke from Hank was to show what being a conduit is to people who maybe have never played the previous games before, but I'm really not sure.

My line of thinking was that because it was his first power, he was able to absorb more of it. With each subsequent power he gains less and less from the initial contact. He gains two powers with smoke (travel and melee) and one with neon (travel), each power after leaves him without any abilities.

My line of thinking was that because it was his first power, he was able to absorb more of it. With each subsequent power he gains less and less from the initial contact. He gains two powers with smoke (travel and melee) and one with neon (travel), each power after leaves him without any abilities.
I would have to agree with this line of thinking.

That is true, definitely possible. I honestly didn't notice it till I began my second play through of the game.

What are you talking about? You have melee and teleport as soon as you absorb any of the powers. You just cant shoot and stuff.

I know you had nothing with the Stone power. Can't remember with the Video power.
Video didn't either, as the melee attack was the second ability you picked up, which allowed for all those glorious stealth kills. Which is also why you need Reggie for the first two. And the travel ability was, I think, the third ability.

Last edited:
Video didn't either, as the melee attack was the second ability you picked up, which allowed for all those glorious stealth kills. Which is also why you need Reggie for the first two. And the travel ability was, I think, the third ability.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Couldn't remember though.

Quote="BigPete7978, post: 10089, member: 7"]I know you had nothing with the Stone power. Can't remember with the Video power.[/quote]
Huh, maybe i dont know what I'M talking about. Either way, i dont think theres any canonical reason delsin doesn't get all powers at once, its more likely just a game play decision.

I hated how much they didn't explain Delsin's abilities at all. He's a conduit sponge, which is unheard of and completely unique in the universe, and yet they don't actively look into this and try to find some deeper mystery or backstory. Story was very very straightforward overall.

I hated how much they didn't explain Delsin's abilities at all. He's a conduit sponge, which is unheard of and completely unique in the universe, and yet they don't actively look into this and try to find some deeper mystery or backstory. Story was very very straightforward overall.
The more i play this, the less i lime
the more i play this, the less i like it. The story is bare bones, the powers are basically all the same, you get the last one way too late, side missions are short and pointless and the overall game is way short. Maybe paper trail should have been on disc.

The more i play this, the less i lime

the more i play this, the less i like it. The story is bare bones, the powers are basically all the same, you get the last one way too late, side missions are short and pointless and the overall game is way short. Maybe paper trail should have been on disc.

Easily the weakest inFamous game in terms of story. It was just too large of a change from the previous games. It seems to resonate with a larger audience though. I personally hold inFamous 1 as having the best story of the three, but thats just me.

Gameplay-wise, at first I would say Second Son did it the best; but looking back at inFamous 2, it's a tough decision. I really loved the way the powers worked in inFamous 2. Switching on the fly was really fun and provided for some unique situations.

Easily the weakest inFamous game in terms of story. It was just too large of a change from the previous games. It seems to resonate with a larger audience though. I personally hold inFamous 1 as having the best story of the three, but thats just me.

Gameplay-wise, at first I would say Second Son did it the best; but looking back at inFamous 2, it's a tough decision. I really loved the way the powers worked in inFamous 2. Switching on the fly was really fun and provided for some unique situations.
I really wish the two play throughs
were more different than they were. Delsin and Reggie interacted exactly the same in both, all the way through!

I really wish the two play throughs
were more different than they were. Delsin and Reggie interacted exactly the same in both, all the way through!

Yep, exactly.
Things just seemed a little too barebones when it came to story.
It wasn't terrible, but I feel as though Sucker Punch could have done much more with the story than what they did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"