Wireless headset for PS3 suggestion

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by HardcoreGamer, May 12, 2014.

1. HardcoreGamer

HardcoreGamer PSLS Level: Newbie

PSN:
    TheBlackAries10
    I need a wireless headset for PS3. Any suggestion?

2. BigPete7978

BigPete7978 PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    I have the PlayStation Gold headset and absolutely love it (previously had the Turtle Beach XP500's). Some of the other community members have the Pulse Elites and like them. It all depends what features you are looking for, and with what system/handheld you will be using it for. Is this for the PS4? How much do you want to spend? Etc.

3. stolenxnametag

stolenxnametag PSLS Level: Kraken PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    arithrottle
    @BigPete7978 has a thread about the Gold Wireless Headset, so that might be a good place to see several people's first impressions on it. @Arthur Sataine and @dragon82 both spoke incredibly positive words about it. @decimalator claimed to have some portability issues with them when putting them in a backpack.

@wojo applauded their comfort in comparison to Turtle Beach PX21s, the original Sony Pulse, and Tritton AX180s and then later gave a full review on them:
    I own the Pulse Elite headset, and I use it for my PS4, PS3, and PC. It costs a bit more than the Gold headset, but it has a rumble feature that makes it shake with the deeper bass tones, depending on the preset that you have configured to it.

Based on PSLS forums reviews, the PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset is pretty boss, especially for its $100 cost. If you have $50 more, I would personally recommend the Pulse Elite.

Arthur Sataine and BigPete7978 like this.
  4. senor_flojo

senor_flojo PSLS Level: Bronze

I have the Gold's, and I love them. Easy to switch the dongle between ps3 and ps4.

5. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    Heck you can even use the Gold Headset with the Xbox One. I do it all the time. All you need is the headset adapter which is like 20 bucks. One headset for everything.

stolenxnametag likes this.
  6. stolenxnametag

PSN:
    arithrottle
    The Elites come with the headset adapter. There are instructions in the book to use them for your tv. :-D

7. BigPete7978

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    The Xbox One controller has it's own adapter that is needed. Makes it compatible with any headset.

8. stolenxnametag

PSN:
    arithrottle
    Ohhhh, got it.

9. Dan Oravasaari

Dan Oravasaari PSLS Level: Bronze Staff Member

PSN:
    Foolsjoker
    I'd have to ask what price range are you looking at?