Favorite PlayStation RPG series

There is only one Atlus title in all of history I failed to enjoy. And that was Catherine. I just couldn't get into the gameplay. Enjoyed the story though. Everything else I've played from them, even the lesser known titles, I have enjoyed. Even DemiKids. They are just a solid development company.
I thought Catherine was awesome, but definitely not for everyone.

I thought Catherine was awesome, but definitely not for everyone.

It was too simple for me. Just didn't engage me enough. But as I said, story was pretty good. I resigned to watching the rest of it on youtube and returned the game to my local rental store.

Hmm, well, seeing as my favorite game is Final Fantasy VII, I would have to say the Final Fantasy series, but I also enjoyed Valkyrie Profile 2 and the Dark Cloud series. I can also never forget The Elder Scrolls series, though I've only played Skyrim exclusively on the PS3, and the others on the PC. Same goes for Diablo, 1 and 2 on the PC, 3 on PS3.

Surely I'm forgetting something, hrm... I love RPGs :3

Oh, yeah, Kingdom Hearts is great too!

Hmm, well, seeing as my favorite game is Final Fantasy VII, I would have to say the Final Fantasy series, but I also enjoyed Valkyrie Profile 2 and the Dark Cloud series. I can also never forget The Elder Scrolls series, though I've only played Skyrim exclusively on the PS3, and the others on the PC. Same goes for Diablo, 1 and 2 on the PC, 3 on PS3.

Surely I'm forgetting something, hrm... I love RPGs :3

Oh, yeah, Kingdom Hearts is great too!

Have you played the original Valkyrie Profile? Loved that one much more, personally. Never played Lenneth so I'm not sure how true an adaptation it was to the original.

Have you played the original Valkyrie Profile? Loved that one much more, personally. Never played Lenneth so I'm not sure how true an adaptation it was to the original.

I have not! I sure would like to, though, I will add that to my list of games to get. Somebody else said they liked it more as well :) I haven't played Lenneth either, I don't think I know anybody who has.

"Favorite PlayStation RPG series," eh? That... Well, I'd like to say it's complicated, but screw it.

wrtUIOW.gif

Anyone familiar with the series (like, say, Lifewish) knows why.

I haven't played Lenneth either, I don't think I know anybody who has.
I hardly know anyone who's played the original, nevermind the remake. VP was a pretty overlooked title/series, from my understanding. Loved VP2, myself, but only briefly played (emulated) the original. Plan to pick up Lenneth at some point...

I have not! I sure would like to, though, I will add that to my list of games to get. Somebody else said they liked it more as well :) I haven't played Lenneth either, I don't think I know anybody who has.

One of the few classics I believe worth the high price on auction sites. I just wish I never sold the game as a child in a yard sale. If I could go back in time, I'd buy it from myself.

"Favorite PlayStation RPG series," eh? That... Well, I'd like to say it's complicated, but screw it.

wrtUIOW.gif

Anyone familiar with the series (like, say, Lifewish) knows why.

I hardly know anyone who's played the original, nevermind the remake. VP was a pretty overlooked title/series, from my understanding. Loved VP2, myself, but only briefly played (emulated) the original. Plan to pick up Lenneth at some point...

Suikoden!!!

I thought the VP series sucked personally.

Man, I miss the Wild Arms series. My favorite might be 3, just because of the music, the graphics, and it was honestly my first entry in the series so my love of the franchise grew out of it. Suikoden.. also miss solid Suikoden titles... I think my favorite in that series was the fifth game, because I loved that castle base. Does Dark Cloud count as an RPG? That is a series that really needs to come back as well.

Man, I miss the Wild Arms series. My favorite might be 3, just because of the music, the graphics, and it was honestly my first entry in the series so my love of the franchise grew out of it. Suikoden.. also miss solid Suikoden titles... I think my favorite in that series was the fifth game, because I loved that castle base. Does Dark Cloud count as an RPG? That is a series that really needs to come back as well.
GOOD CALL! I loved Wild Arms 3, it was an absolute blast to play!

I'd technically classify Dark Cloud as a RPG. And loved that game endlessly.

I've enjoyed quite a few RPGs that have been on the PlayStation. My favorite series, at least of games that I've played more than one of have been Disgaea, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, and Shadow Hearts. I've also enjoyed Suikoden III, Persona 3, Dark Cloud and probably some others I'm just not thinking of. I tend to enjoy most RPGs really even western ones, but not as much as JRPGs.

The best rpg era for me is on PSone.

Suikoden 1, 2
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9
Legend of Dragoon
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Vagrant Story
Wild Arms
Legend of Legaia
XenoGears
Breath Of Fire III