Indie Games or AAA

Indie Games or AAA

• i prefer indie games

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • i prefer AAA

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Personally after surviving the earlier eras of gaming (ie: Atari, Commodore, NES) I wouldn't mind seeing bigger games on the PS4. Hell the consoles survived this long without indies why the big push for them on the consoles now?

Last edited:
I voted AAA because they excite me more. I got so excited when the new Batman game was announced. I can't wait for InFamous: SS.

AAA games drive me to buy the consoles, Indies is what hold me over between big releases (and I love it). Dead Nation being free is a huge deal for me and my roommate, but between co-op sessions we're each playing Killzone or Assassin's Creed.

I guess that's where it lands for me: I enjoy Indies mostly because they tend to be games I can play with friends locally (Towerfall, DeadNation, Trine, etc).

Yes. I know they've done a lot of shit (I can't decide which hurts more, the death of Mega Man or Devil May Cry), but they still put out some good material.
MegaMan. MegaMan. MegaMan.

I like the games that are neither AAA nor indie, but indie games are really what's making me enjoy blowing money these days. I don't give a rat's ass about inFamous, Uncharted, or Call of Duty 2014 - most AAA games play the same now, so I'm more compelled to find a story to which I can relate or that wows me when thinking about AAA games. I enjoyed my playthrough of the story in Assassin's Creed IV, so I'll probably go back and play a few more of those games to better understand the meta story. I thought the first inFamous game was boring and I hated the characters, so I never bought the second game. I never played Uncharted because the demo for one of the games felt like another recycled game. I appreciate the weighted controls in the Killzone series and the animation, so Call of Duty isn't relevant to me. Here's the pattern, though - inFamous, Assassin's Creed IV, Uncharted, Killzone, Call of Duty, and a million other games all play in an incredibly similar way. Once the characters are unskinned, the plots are removed, and the environments are leveled - there are very few differences in these games for me.

Flow does its own thing. Flower is similar, but it's still very different. I played the demo for Journey and didn't like it, but it was different from Flow and Flower. BreakQuest (Vita) is just another block-breaking game, but it was free and took the monotony out of things. Dragon Fantasy (Vita) and Dragon's Crown (Vita) are the two best games that I've played in the last year, and they're nothing alike (except for dragons in the title). Tomb Raider on PS4 is the prettiest game that I've played in the last year (and I'm still working on it), but it's still a clone of the other AAA games.

The Atelier games, Ragnarok Odyssey, the TK Warriors games, etc. - they're not AAA titles, but they're not independently published by small teams either. They're the games that I look forward to playing between the few AAA titles with stories that grab me. I'm pretty pumped for Lily Bergamo, too. :-D

For PS4, I want interesting games. I don't care if they're AAA, indie, or something else - I just want them to feel fresh and unique. Media Molecule and Q-Games need to make a move!

MegaMan. MegaMan. MegaMan.

I like the games that are neither AAA nor indie, but indie games are really what's making me enjoy blowing money these days. I don't give a rat's ass about inFamous, Uncharted, or Call of Duty 2014 - most AAA games play the same now, so I'm more compelled to find a story to which I can relate or that wows me when thinking about AAA games. I enjoyed my playthrough of the story in Assassin's Creed IV, so I'll probably go back and play a few more of those games to better understand the meta story. I thought the first inFamous game was boring and I hated the characters, so I never bought the second game. I never played Uncharted because the demo for one of the games felt like another recycled game. I appreciate the weighted controls in the Killzone series and the animation, so Call of Duty isn't relevant to me. Here's the pattern, though - inFamous, Assassin's Creed IV, Uncharted, Killzone, Call of Duty, and a million other games all play in an incredibly similar way. Once the characters are unskinned, the plots are removed, and the environments are leveled - there are very few differences in these games for me.

Flow does its own thing. Flower is similar, but it's still very different. I played the demo for Journey and didn't like it, but it was different from Flow and Flower. BreakQuest (Vita) is just another block-breaking game, but it was free and took the monotony out of things. Dragon Fantasy (Vita) and Dragon's Crown (Vita) are the two best games that I've played in the last year, and they're nothing alike (except for dragons in the title). Tomb Raider on PS4 is the prettiest game that I've played in the last year (and I'm still working on it), but it's still a clone of the other AAA games.

The Atelier games, Ragnarok Odyssey, the TK Warriors games, etc. - they're not AAA titles, but they're not independently published by small teams either. They're the games that I look forward to playing between the few AAA titles with stories that grab me. I'm pretty pumped for Lily Bergamo, too. :-D

For PS4, I want interesting games. I don't care if they're AAA, indie, or something else - I just want them to feel fresh and unique. Media Molecule and Q-Games need to make a move!

See, I don't get this reasoning. EVERY game, literally, can be broken down and over simplified to appear just like every other title in its genre. You just can't do that. You have to take the entire experience into consideration. Sure, you run around and kill people. It is the how, not the what, you need to look at when comparing. Is it more awesome to run around quickscoping with a sniper or camping with an assault rifle as compared to sailing the open seas, blasting ships apart, leaping off of buildings and driving blades into the necks of opponents? See, not exactly the same. You can't strip things down to their smallest forms. We are all very different people. But, if you look down to the atomic level we all appear exactly the same. That notion holds true in all aspects of existence.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"