Should i get a white ps4?

Lootron6

PSLS Level: Bronze
My question is if i get another ps4 for my house (my daughter thinks its a toy story movie viewer) will i need a second ps plus account or can i connect 2 ps4s with 2 different psn ids on one ps plus account like on ps3?... im asking cause its not clear and i havent bought a second vita because its not allowed on vita

My question is if i get another ps4 for my house (my daughter thinks its a toy story movie viewer) will i need a second ps plus account or can i connect 2 ps4s with 2 different psn ids on one ps plus account like on ps3?... im asking cause its not clear and i havent bought a second vita because its not allowed on vita
You will need two Plus accounts if you want both to be used together. You can sign in to your profile on any PS4 and access your content, but you have to be signed in to actually utilize any of it.

If you have one i wouldn't get a second, after all that's money you could better spend on more important and useful things.

There are definitely cheaper options to getting your daughter a "Toy Story Movie Viewer."

It's okay, you don't have to convince us, we are not married, but if you need an excuse to buy another PS4 you probably don't need you are not going to convince anybody with that one.

Last edited:
There are definitely cheaper options to getting your daughter a "Toy Story Movie Viewer."

It's okay, you don't have to convince us, we are not married, but if you need an excuse to buy another PS4 you probably don't need you are not going to convince anybody with that one.

I don't think he needs to convince anybody. His decision, but the money could be better spent on something else.

Is there a difference? Other then "Not Pink" I've never gone for a specific colour in the products I buy. Not out of some kind of weird product racism (Pink Products deserve no love nor mercy from their betters) but just that it seems weird to rule out a certain colour. Although I'd get a Black PS4 seeing as for some reason when you get white products you can always notice I've found when they age. (By which I mean become dirty, I no longer believe consoles can age)

Is there a difference? Other then "Not Pink" I've never gone for a specific colour in the products I buy. Not out of some kind of weird product racism (Pink Products deserve no love nor mercy from their betters) but just that it seems weird to rule out a certain colour. Although I'd get a Black PS4 seeing as for some reason when you get white products you can always notice I've found when they age. (By which I mean become dirty, I no longer believe consoles can age)

Nope no difference at all, a white ps4 with the game destiny

I don't think he needs to convince anybody. His decision, but the money could be better spent on something else.

I was just messing, but seriously. I have to imagine there is an unspoken factor here that is preventing him from getting one. (My guess was a significant other that might not want to spend money on a second PS4) It is his decision, and if that was the only factor we wouldn't be having this conversation because he would just get the PS4. He clearly wants one because he is trying to shoehorn it into another role (we can safely assume he isn't really getting it for the sole purpose of watching Toy Story.) There are plenty of cheaper, and very obvious ways to solve his dilemma. I'm more interested in why it was really up for discussion.

I was just messing, but seriously. I have to imagine there is an unspoken factor here that is preventing him from getting one. (My guess was a significant other that might not want to spend money on a second PS4) It is his decision, and if that was the only factor we wouldn't be having this conversation because he would just get the PS4. He clearly wants one because he is trying to shoehorn it into another role (we can safely assume he isn't really getting it for the sole purpose of watching Toy Story.) There are plenty of cheaper, and very obvious ways to solve his dilemma. I'm more interested in why it was really up for discussion.

Understandable

The toy story thing was a joke, although she does seem to only want to watch itnon the big tv an i dont want to move my ps4 around... the color doesnt matter i just figured if i get another id get the white. I may settle for just buying a ps tv. Thanks guys

You will need two Plus accounts if you want both to be used together. You can sign in to your profile on any PS4 and access your content, but you have to be signed in to actually utilize any of it.

After reading the faq sheet it seems i only need one ps plus account if i have one as a primary account then sign in under a different user on the ps4 and on the other ps4 sign in as my main log in, so i go on the first log in on my acct dl the game then sign in under my wifes acct so she can use it because its the primary ps4 amd on another ps4 i can log into my acct wothout making that my primary ps4 (i wouldnt be able to use remote play or other ps plus features on this ps4)... so its weird but there is a way

After reading the faq sheet it seems i only need one ps plus account if i have one as a primary account then sign in under a different user on the ps4 and on the other ps4 sign in as my main log in, so i go on the first log in on my acct dl the game then sign in under my wifes acct so she can use it because its the primary ps4 amd on another ps4 i can log into my acct wothout making that my primary ps4 (i wouldnt be able to use remote play or other ps plus features on this ps4)... so its weird but there is a way
You can put your account on there, but as you said, you won't be able to use the Plus features. You also won't be able to use the games you downloaded from your profile, unless you are signed into the profile you downloaded it from. I put my profile on my friend's PS4 to see if he would be able to go online with his account through having my profile on his system.

The official FAQ says yes for games, but no for online multiplayer. :(

PlusOnPS4.png

If your only concern is that you don't want to move your PS4 back and forth across the house between televisions, then I would recommend you pick up a PlayStation TV this fall (like you said above). With PS TV, you can remote play the content from your PS4 from another TV in the house, and it also has its own steaming apps (Netflix, Hulu, Music Unlimited, etc.). It's only going to be $99, so that's $300 you'll be saving just by waiting for a few of months. :D

The official FAQ says yes for games, but no for online multiplayer. :(

If your only concern is that you don't want to move your PS4 back and forth across the house between televisions, then I would recommend you pick up a PlayStation TV this fall (like you said above). With PS TV, you can remote play the content from your PS4 from another TV in the house, and it also has its own steaming apps (Netflix, Hulu, Music Unlimited, etc.). It's only going to be $99, so that's $300 you'll be saving just by waiting for a few of months. :D

Actually from what i read it seems like if your friends ps4 is the primary ps4 than they can play online on that ps4.. but on your ps4 you can only play under your psn id without making it the primary ps4 and you can only play online. The only issue i see is that then your friend gets the other ps plus benefits and you cant use remote play... it says on the primary ps4 any user on that ps4 can use ps plus.... and the holder of the ps plus acct can sign into another ps4 but only they can use ps plus games on that ps4. At least thats how i see it. Id try it out but i dont trust anyone that has a ps4 lol

I will be getting a ps tv once it comes out, thanks... it sucks that their making money by not implementing the tv output on the vita amd then making a device with it for an extra 100 dollars

Actually from what i read it seems like if your friends ps4 is the primary ps4 than they can play online on that ps4.. but on your ps4 you can only play under your psn id without making it the primary ps4 and you can only play online. The only issue i see is that then your friend gets the other ps plus benefits and you cant use remote play... it says on the primary ps4 any user on that ps4 can use ps plus.... and the holder of the ps plus acct can sign into another ps4 but only they can use ps plus games on that ps4. At least thats how i see it. Id try it out but i dont trust anyone that has a ps4 lol

I will be getting a ps tv once it comes out, thanks... it sucks that their making money by not implementing the tv output on the vita amd then making a device with it for an extra 100 dollars
I have friends who all want to play Vita games and don't want Vitas, so I think I'm going to pick up PS TVs as stocking stuffers this year for Christmas instead of PS Plus subscriptions. My friends are all sold on Plus now, so I don't have to force it on them anymore. :D

I have friends who all want to play Vita games and don't want Vitas, so I think I'm going to pick up PS TVs as stocking stuffers this year for Christmas instead of PS Plus subscriptions. My friends are all sold on Plus now, so I don't have to force it on them anymore. :D

....... HELLO NEW FRIEND!!!!!..... no?.... lol

I cant help but wonder if the ps tv will have the same one user restriction that vita has

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"