Who skipped GT6 in anticipation for the PS4 version?

Vinomen

PSLS Level: Bronze
Did anyone else skip it on PS3 like I did, knowing that the next gen definitive version of GT7 will released later on PS4?

Last edited:
I edited my post for clarification since that is kind of what I meant, since they somewhat planned on bringing 6 to both, but 6 seems more like 5.5 instead so they are just going to re-work for 7 instead. It just seems like a a giant misstep since GT7 is probably going to be in development for another 1 or 2 years realistically.

Sadly, Poly D. have pretty much burned their goodwill with me. GT5 was a travesty of a product that used recycled textures, images and environments, and it also took forever to release. Since then, I don't have any anticipation for a GT title, but if one comes out and it doesn't look like a haphazard product I might pay it some attention. Needless to say, unless they make a completely NEW game for the PS4, I won't care.

Sadly, Poly D. have pretty much burned their goodwill with me. GT5 was a travesty of a product that used recycled textures, images and environments, and it also took forever to release. Since then, I don't have any anticipation for a GT title, but if one comes out and it doesn't look like a haphazard product I might pay it some attention. Needless to say, unless they make a completely NEW game for the PS4, I won't care.
Agreed, it was a sad day when I realized I preferred Forza of GT. But GT2 was my favorite and will still live on in my heart.

hqdefault.jpg

Sega GT on the first Xbox is my favorite racing game of this type, but I haven't actually played a Gran Turismo game since the second one. Am I missing anything?

Sega GT on the first Xbox is my favorite racing game of this type, but I haven't actually played a Gran Turismo game since the second one. Am I missing anything?
Nope, maybe just a few more polygons here and there. They did add some cool cars, like the Red Bull X2011 (GT5) though.

Sega GT had me sold with the Lotus Elise and Exige. They handled so well for their speeds in that game! Gran Turismo II had too much stuff in it that I didn't really care about, so I just never bothered with purchasing any more of them. My racing career has been reduced to... help.

I really enjoy the GT games. I've only missed GT4, which i wish i got instead of 5. I found 5 was missing somehing that the older games had. I think that GT6 is what GT5 should have been.
I can't say i've lost faith the series but i won't rush out and buy the game because it's GT like I used to.

I really enjoy the GT games. I've only missed GT4, which i wish i got instead of 5. I found 5 was missing somehing that the older games had. I think that GT6 is what GT5 should have been.
I can't say i've lost faith the series but i won't rush out and buy the game because it's GT like I used to.

I prefer gt5 over gt6 there's no microtransactions and you didn't have to unlock just about everything in order to do something else in particular.

I prefer gt5 over gt6 there's no microtransactions and you didn't have to unlock just about everything in order to do something else in particular.
I never use the microtransactions. I was worried when i heard they would be included though. I just find that GT6 is more refined than GT5

I never use the microtransactions. I was worried when i heard they would be included though. I just find that GT6 is more refined than GT5
I picked up gt6 on sale for $40 less than a month after release. I didn't plan on getting it, but at the price figured why not. Totally agree on refinement, especially load times. I liked it so much i felt bad so i threw them $20 for credits.

That is never a good idea. It's the odd numbered releases of GT that are ALWAYS weaker.

The best GT games on each playstation console are the even numbered ones/ FACT.

That is never a good idea. It's the odd numbered releases of GT that are ALWAYS weaker.

The best GT games on each playstation console are the even numbered ones/ FACT.

There's a difference between fact and opinion, what you stated was an OPINION. Hell, I prefferred gt5 to gt6. I don't know what it is about gt6 but it just feels like there's something missing. It's good, but i still prefferred GT5

Last edited:
There's a difference between fact and opinion, what you stated was an OPINION. Hell, I prefferred gt5 to gt6. I don't know what it is about gt6 but it just feels like there's something missing. It's good, but i still prefferred GT5

Other than course maker, B Spec, and endurance races, GT6 has everything GT5 has and more.

Plus, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that prefers GT1 over GT2, or GT3 over GT4.

The even numbered games always have a lot more to offer because they've had more time to craft a better game since the game engine is already optimized from the first release.

And this is coming from someone who considered GT5 their favorite game ever. I loved it but GT6 is so much better that I now look at GT5 like it's a piece of crap.

The one thing that matters most in any racing sim, physics, is far better in GT6 than GT5. That's not even up for debate. Not only are they more realistic but easier in some ways at the same time.

Other than course maker, B Spec, and endurance races, GT6 has everything GT5 has and more.

Plus, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that prefers GT1 over GT2, or GT3 over GT4.

The even numbered games always have a lot more to offer because they've had more time to craft a better game since the game engine is already optimized from the first release.

And this is coming from someone who considered GT5 their favorite game ever. I loved it but GT6 is so much better that I now look at GT5 like it's a piece of crap.

The one thing that matters most in any racing sim, physics, is far better in GT6 than GT5. That's not even up for debate. Not only are they more realistic but easier in some ways at the same time.

I can think of about 20 people right off the top of my head who adored gt5, some are friends, friends of friends, etc.....
There's no fact in what was said, it's all still opinion. It's like that with all gaming sequels. "1 was great, oh wow number 2 was better, oh wow number 3 was even better then 2!", and so goes the pattern. It may seem otherwise to you, but it's still your opinion.
For me it will always feel like gt6 is lacking in something, which pisses me off cuz i rather enjoy those games, But it is what it is.
sadly it was gt2 and the disastrous psp gt that turned some people i know away from the series for good.
Gt7 will hopefully be just as good as all of it's predecessors.
Hopefully it won't have the shitty microtransactions gt6 does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"