Amy Hennig No Longer w/ Naughty Dog?

Johnnybarra

PSLS Level: Bronze
If a very recent IGN article is to be believed, sources say that Amy Hennig may have left Naughty Dog after 10 years of working there.

My condolences go out to her.

Also, I didn't know where to post this, hopefully it's fine here? Haha.

If a very recent IGN article is to be believed, sources say that Amy Hennig may have left Naughty Dog after 10 years of working there.

My condolences go out to her.

Also, I didn't know where to post this, hopefully it's fine here? Haha.
This is the perfect spot for an article like this.

That's crazy that she left after being there so long. Any word as to why she chose to leave?

There has been no official claim as to what caused her departure from the company. But, Sony did at least confirm that she has left Naughty Dog.

From what the article said, "Sources claim Hennig was “forced out" by The Last of Us’ Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley, and explained that Uncharted may now come under their control."

This sounds very odd and I wonder what caused all of this.

Loads of internal politics going on at many companies. There may have been some hard feelings somewhere. Hopefully she'll find a place where her talents can go to great use. I don't fault her or Naughty Dog at this point, but it really sucks.

Not to make this about feminism but there's barely enough women in gaming as it is to force Amy Hennig out of her job. I'm not saying being a women is why they got rid of her but I can't think of a legit reason beyond "She did something bad we don't know about" to explain why ND would just fire her like this.

Seriously women in gaming are like an endangered species at this point.

Of course, of course.

Although, it still makes me wonder what could have gone down.

Loads of internal politics going on at many companies. There may have been some hard feelings somewhere. Hopefully she'll find a place where her talents can go to great use. I don't fault her or Naughty Dog at this point, but it really sucks.

I view this as a good thing. Why? Because Amy Hennig was the primary driving force in the Legacy of Kain series. And, to me, she is the most respected writer in all of the industry. I love Amy. And I hope Square Enix takes this opportunity to snag the primary driving talent behind the Legacy of Kain franchise to revitalize it. I love their Nosgoth game on steam, but it is not a proper entry into the series. I want that deep and engaging storytelling that I know she is more than capable of.

Wherever Amy goes, that studio will get a great boost in game quality. I look forward to future works from her. I just hope she hasn't become disheartened by two moronic jackasses and keeps working in the video game industry. Honestly, I've lost respect for Naughty Dog because of this move. I like Uncharted, but not to that extent.

It's great to see the outpouring of support that Amy has received, and as she is a great writer, it will be interesting to see what studio she ends up with and what projects she starts working on.

It's great to see the outpouring of support that Amy has received, and as she is a great writer, it will be interesting to see what studio she ends up with and what projects she starts working on.

That had to be the most positive thing to come out of this.
Her next project is something I will definitely keep on my radar.

The only problem is if the rumor of Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley being involved with Amy Hennig's firing sticks around to cause trouble, I know some of us like to pretend the larger majority of gamers are good people but that doesn't mean there's nobody who will be willing to give both Neil and Bruce abuse over something they might not have even been involved with. Personally I trust Naughty Dog that when they say Neil and Bruce weren't involved that the company is telling the truth plus it doesn't seem like something they'd do.

But people like to jump to conclusions and the creators of The Last of Us being evil misogynist sounds better to some people then Amy Hennig just quitting.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oompa08
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"