Annoying The Crew ad on main site

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by stolenxnametag, Nov 30, 2014.

1. stolenxnametag

stolenxnametag PSLS Level: Kraken PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    arithrottle
    This morning an ad for The Crew keeps auto-saving text files to my computer entitled f.txt, and it's super annoying. Here is a sample of what one contains:

if (!window.mraid) {document.write('\x3cdiv class="GoogleActiveViewClass" ' +'id="DfaVisibilityIdentifier_2176517527"\x3e');}document.write('\x3ca target\x3d\x22_blank\x22 href\x3d\x22http://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/pcs/click?xai\x3dAKAOjstKpCfy5tSc-kP59Bn3S6d69CtwDMc_D1JYg8h-mMtOc8eXDu6QOyYQIUkWZnqz0oM_03-OVrVxfx5RuOyUD3a_ehOGPSOHwMDv5HUcDw0WSqxeylgT_jfRiDZbShocud4nbLJgdY5ALDviuPJLq2kikM6h\x26amp;sig\x3dCg0ArKJSzDii3rx1O7yA\x26amp;adurl\x3dhttp://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-US/order/index.aspx\x22\x3e\x3cimg src\x3d\x22http://s0.2mdn.net/viewad/4488333/1x1.gif\x22 alt\x3d\x22Advertisement\x22 border\x3d\x220\x22 width\x3d\x221\x22 height\x3d\x221\x22\x3e\x3c/a\x3e');if (!window.mraid) {(function() {document.write('\x3c/div\x3e');var avDiv = document.getElementById("DfaVisibilityIdentifier_2176517527");if (avDiv) {avDiv['_avi_'] = 'B5EOiM-p6VKncHIyEMfnMgoAHAAAAABABOAHIAQLgBAKgBj4';avDiv['_avihost_'] = 'pagead2.googlesyndication.com';}var glidar = document.createElement('script');glidar.type = 'text/javascript';glidar.async = true;glidar.src = '//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/lidar.js';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(glidar, s);})();}(function(){var f=function(a,c,b){return a.call.apply(a.bind,arguments)},g=function(a,c,b){if(!a)throw Error();if(2<arguments.length){var d=Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments,2);return function(){var b=Array.prototype.slice.call(arguments);Array.prototype.unshift.apply(b,d);return a.apply(c,b)}}return function(){return a.apply(c,arguments)}},k=function(a,c,b){k=Function.prototype.bind&&-1!=Function.prototype.bind.toString().indexOf("native code")?f:g;return k.apply(null,arguments)};var l=document,m=window;var n=function(a){return{visible:1,hidden:2,prerender:3,preview:4}[a.webkitVisibilityState||a.mozVisibilityState||a.visibilityState||""]||0},p=function(a){var c;a.mozVisibilityState?c="mozvisibilitychange":a.webkitVisibilityState?c="webkitvisibilitychange":a.visibilityState&&(c="visibilitychange");return c};var r=function(){this.g=l;this.j=m;this.i=!1;this.h=[];this.m={};if(3==n(this.g)){var a=k(this.o,this);this.n=a;var c=this.g,b=p(this.g);c.addEventListener?c.addEventListener(b,a,!1):c.attachEvent&&c.attachEvent("on"+b,a)}else q(this)};r.p=function(){return r.l?r.l:r.l=new r};var s=/^([^:]+:\/\/[^/]+)/m,t=/^\d*,(.+)$/m,q=function(a){if(!a.i){a.i=!0;for(var c=0;c<a.h.length;++c)a.k.apply(a,a.h[c]);a.h=[]}};r.prototype.q=function(a,c){var b=c.target.t();(b=t.exec(b))&&(this.m[a]=b[1])};r.prototype.k=function(a,c){var b;if(b=this.s)i:{try{var d=s.exec(this.j.location.href),e=s.exec(a);if(d&&e&&d[1]==e[1]&&c){var h=k(this.q,this,c);this.s(a,h);b=!0;break i}}catch(y){}b=!1}b||(b=this.j,b.google_image_requests||(b.google_image_requests=[]),d=b.document.createElement("img"),d.src=a,b.google_image_requests.push(d))};r.prototype.o=function(){if(3!=n(this.g)){q(this);var a=this.g,c=p(this.g),b=this.n;a.removeEventListener?a.removeEventListener(c,b,!1):a.detachEvent&&a.detachEvent("on"+c,b)}};var u=function(a,c){var b=/(google|doubleclick).*\/pagead\/adview/.test(a),d=r.p(),e=a;if(b){b="&vis="+n(d.g);c&&(b+="&ve=1");var h=e.indexOf("&adurl"),e=-1==h?e+b:e.substring(0,h)+b+e.substring(h)}d.i?d.k(e,c):d.h.push([e,c])},v=["pdib"],w=this;v[0]in w||!w.execScript||w.execScript("var "+v[0]);for(var x;v.length&&(x=v.shift());)v.length||void 0===u?w=w[x]?w[x]:w[x]={}:w[x]=u;})();pdib("http://googleads4.g.doubleclick.net...QIIAaAGPg\x26sigh\x3dkcHWH7O1uFY\x26adurl\x3d");

I don't know what it's doing, but it's super annoying.

2. Lifewish

Lifewish 중재자 Staff Member

PSN:
    lifewish
    is this still happening?

3. stolenxnametag

stolenxnametag PSLS Level: Kraken PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    arithrottle
    Not now. I was able to reproduce it on my smartphone that day too. The ad is different now. I Googled the issue, and it seems like some GAF forums had the issue at some point as well.

4. Arthur Sataine

Arthur Sataine PSLS Level: Bronze PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    I think this happened to me that day as well. It had me slightly worried but nothing malevolent seemed to come of it. It downloaded them everytime I tried to click an article or the logo to go back to the homepage.

stolenxnametag likes this.