Broken PS4

RangerETx

PSLS Level: Newbie
My PS4 randomly ejected a game while I was playing it the other day. It would not let me re-insert the game afterwards. Periodically, you can hear the motors in the disc drive working. I can't tell if the drive is trying to draw in or eject a disc.

Sony says it could be over a month before I get a working console back from them. Their customer service reps were complete a-holes about the whole thing. Has anybody else dealt with or heard of this problem? Any advice on getting Sony to hurry things up?

Console is less than 2 months old and has probably only 20 hours or so of game time on it. Been using it to stream video more than anything else.

My PS4 randomly ejected a game while I was playing it the other day. It would not let me re-insert the game afterwards. Periodically, you can hear the motors in the disc drive working. I can't tell if the drive is trying to draw in or eject a disc.

Sony says it could be over a month before I get a working console back from them. Their customer service reps were complete a-holes about the whole thing. Has anybody else dealt with or heard of this problem? Any advice on getting Sony to hurry things up?

Console is less than 2 months old and has probably only 20 hours or so of game time on it. Been using it to stream video more than anything else.

I've never heard of their sales reps being rude before, they've always been very nice and helpful whenever i've called.
That aside, can you think off any ideas as towards why that might of happened? Something fall? Etc...
Just curious. I'll ask my friends to see if they've had a similar problem though.

This is crazy. Maybe formatting it to its original settings? Highly doubt that would fix the issue, but you never know.

Perhaps, by some strange mechanism, your disc eject screw was turned way too far? And Sony has usually been nice to me. I'd call them back, mention the rude person, and get a new expedited ship estimation. Are you sure it has never fallen or accidentally bumped? It is quite alright to mention if it did. No judgment here.

Also, did you get the 3 year accidental coverage? Covers everything under the sun just about.

This is a long shot, but it could be something to try. Mind you I don't know if this will work or make it worse, so try at your own risk.

The PS4 does have a manual eject function for discs, maybe if you tried turning that, it would reset what ever is preventing you from keeping a disc in your system? I would just say, that if there is something stuck, be careful turning that screw.

Here is a walkthrough to access it. If you do try it and have any questions, let me know. My email is below if you need to find me right away.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/11/19/heres-how-to-manually-eject-a-stuck-disc-in-your-ps4/

I don't want to risk losing the data I have saved on it so I won't try reformatting it. I'm just going to ship it back to Sony and get it repaired under the warranty. It's just annoying to have a 3-4 week wait to get it back now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"