Creative PlayStation IP Reboot Ideas

Facelord

PSLS Level: Newbie
I could argue that Sony has the best collection of IPs in the industry, but instead I'm just gonna leave this link here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_published_by_Sony_Computer_Entertainment

Sony has an amazing back-catalog of IPs that they just aren't making very good use of, they're more interested in creating new IPs than leveraging or expanding upon their older ones; it's the exact opposite of Nintendo's problem(very few new IPs, too much reliance on old ones).

I come up with new game design ideas all the time, and even though I save most of them in proper design documents, I know I'll never get around to making most of them... hence this thread. If you have any creative ideas for reboots or revivals of PlayStation IPs, go ahead and post 'em here. Show Sony how it's done!

I'll go first:

Sony should reboot MediEvil as a modern tower defense game, somewhere between Dungeon Defenders and Diablo. Zarok comes out of hiding after centuries of preparation and mounts an assault on Gallomere. Sir Daniel Fortesque rises from his grave to earn the hero status bestowed upon him at death, but it's just him and the Hall of Heroes vs an army of Gothic horrors!

Keep the game limited to maybe half a dozen levels but polish the hell out of them, focus on replayability and local multiplayer and make sure game modes like Survival Mode are included for replayability's sake. Learning curve needs to be small, but mastery needs to be difficult. Make level traversal a mild challenge as a throwback to the series' platforming roots.

Title would be PS4-exclusive, target ESRB rating would be E10 or T, the art style and atmosphere need to stay comical but Gothic horror-themed and it needs that wonderful humor totally intact. Move controller support would fit the game perfectly, but shouldn't be required. $20-30 price for a larger audience, and to justify the game's limited budget(let's be honest, Sony can't throw $10+ million at every project they like).

Last edited:
Sony needs to give LAIR another shot. I loved the first despite all it's problems and I think it had a ton of potential.

This gen I would want it to be a combo of Assassins Creed and the original LAIR. It's not entirely a flight sim, there would be more third person elements on the ground. The huge battle scenes and monster fight scenes you would have your dragon to fly with but in between you'd be in cities doing side missions and moving the story along.

I really felt that it played so well after the control patch. The motion controls were actually really good too.

RIP Factor 5...

Assassins Creed is still really popular and this is the twist Sony could put on it to make it their own.

Sony needs to give LAIR another shot. I loved the first despite all it's problems and I think it had a ton of potential.

This gen I would want it to be a combo of Assassins Creed and the original LAIR. It's not entirely a flight sim, there would be more third person elements on the ground. The huge battle scenes and monster fight scenes you would have your dragon to fly with but in between you'd be in cities doing side missions and moving the story along.

I really felt that it played so well after the control patch. The motion controls were actually really good too.

RIP Factor 5...

Assassins Creed is still really popular and this is the twist Sony could put on it to make it their own.
Hmm... I'd like to see Lair as a combo of Panzer Dragoon and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, but with a Japanese studio at the helm. It wouldn't be Lair without some kinda gimmick holding it together, so maybe they could heavily market it alongside Morpheus.

Forget about cutscenes and making the most graphically intense PS4 game, and instead put all the development money into the actual game mechanics, fine-tune the controls 'til they're flawless, and I think you could have a winner on your hands. Now I feel like writing up an actual design document for this idea, so cool. :B

There has been an enormous drought of quality JRPGs that seemed to just stop after PS2 died out. I know Sony owns Legend of Dragoon, I'm pretty sure Sony also owns Wild ARMs, one of those needs to come back. Preferably the latter.

There has been an enormous drought of quality JRPGs that seemed to just stop after PS2 died out. I know Sony owns Legend of Dragoon, I'm pretty sure Sony also owns Wild ARMs, one of those needs to come back. Preferably the latter.

OMG OMG OMG

It is insane that neither has been brought back.

Hmm... I'd like to see Lair as a combo of Panzer Dragoon and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, but with a Japanese studio at the helm. It wouldn't be Lair without some kinda gimmick holding it together, so maybe they could heavily market it alongside Morpheus.

Forget about cutscenes and making the most graphically intense PS4 game, and instead put all the development money into the actual game mechanics, fine-tune the controls 'til they're flawless, and I think you could have a winner on your hands. Now I feel like writing up an actual design document for this idea, so cool. :B

I actually have been toying around with a idea where we start here on the forums with a basic idea for a game then have everyone's input and keep refining it. We could do it monthly or bi-monthly and see what we come up with when it's all said and done.

I actually have been toying around with a idea where we start here on the forums with a basic idea for a game then have everyone's input and keep refining it. We could do it monthly or bi-monthly and see what we come up with when it's all said and done.
It's definitely a good idea, but the forums sadlt don't seem very active. We'd need more posts, preferably with some non-mods as well(heh), for it to succeed. :<

It's definitely a good idea, but the forums sadlt don't seem very active. We'd need more posts, preferably with some non-mods as well(heh), for it to succeed. :<

We definitely need more action! I'll be working on that over the coming months but for now let's try to work with what we have. There are some really good members on PSLS who I don't think have seen your thread yet!

PS: Any interest in being on the PSLS Community Podcast?

Absooolutely. I don't listen to podcasts(I keep telling myself I will), but I've got a lot to provide, so I'm down.

What would I discuss, and with whom? Unfortunately, after this Friday I'm only gonna have 3G until Google Fiber hits Salt Lake City, so that could pose a bit of a hindrance.

I think that Intelligent Qube could use a serious reboot. This game is my favorite puzzle game of all time, but after the first title started disappearing from store shelves in North America, I never really started seeing anything similar to it again for PlayStation devices. Are any of you familiar with it?

Title would be PS4-exclusive, target ESRB rating would be E10 or T, the art style and atmosphere need to stay comical but Gothic horror-themed and it needs that wonderful humor totally intact. Move controller support would fit the game perfectly, but shouldn't be required.Onlinesbi TutuApp aadhar card

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"