Do you have any rare or collectible games in your collection?

ward09

PSLS Level: Newbie
I don't have anything too valuable, but I do have the Ultimate Sith Edition of The Force Unleashed on PS3, which goes for quite a bit on eBay, and I have Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii. What are the rarest games in your collection?

I used to have Chrono Trigger and Ogre Battle on SNES, complete with box and manuals. I also had Shadowrun, Final Fantasy III, and the first ActRaiser. But I hardly ever touched them, so I sold them to fund the PS4.

I've still got sealed copies of Ico and SMT: Nocture (the first press, with the soundtrack).

I can't think of a game that would be considered rare, it also depends on your definition of rare.

E.V.O. The Search for Eden
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Earthbound
Illusion of Gaia
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete
Megaman Legends 2
Monster Rancher 4
Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition
Secret of Evermore
Secret of Mana
Final Fantasy VII (Black Label)
Jade Cocoon

Probably a bit more. I need to go look at all my games from each generation.

I think quite a handful of titles I own would be classified as rare/valuable... I tend to favor niche titles, which are usually among the first to leave shelves and skyrocket on eBay/Amazon/etc., lol. *sigh*

My Suikoden collection (plus Tierkreis) would probably be most notable, though. I also have some old PSX titles floating around, like Digimon World, Jade Cocoon, Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring... I was going to give Dragon Seeds a shoutout, but the highest I see that going for is, like, $15-20. Front Mission 3's pretty cheap used, and available as a PSOne Classic now, but otherwise, that... Yeah, I dunno. Aside from the Suikoden titles in my collection, maybe I don't have as many as I thought. Sadly, none of the ones that are worth anything are ones I'm willing to ever sell, heh.

Does Xenoblade still count as rare? Lol. I know GameStop started restocking used/"used" copies or whatever, but the price is still pretty up there. I think my imported Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse is pretty rare these days. (Hell, it cost me something like $80 to import when I got around to it.) Arc Rise Fantasia actually seems to be pretty up there in price these days. (...Wow.)

Oh, right, the SNES era! Yeah, I've got Super Mario RPG (<3), as well as Final Fantasy II (the one that was actually supposed to be IV). Uhh... Mr. Do! ? Probably a few others I can't even recall owning.

Well let's just say that the price has increased over the original retail price.

When you put it that way it sounds like only collector's edition games would be "rare" since any store can take a standard game and over charge you for it, especially internet ones.

I own a decent amount of what is considered valuable, some rare, some low print. I collect a lot of RPG's mainly. I have almost every PS2 RPG, a few late ones have eluded me (like .hack 4, g.u. 2 + 3, Monster Rancher 4 Etc.) But I have Suikoden Collection, SMT Collection, Tales of Collection, Final Fantasy Collection, etc. Many are missing but these are notables.

SNES:
Lufia II (Loose Cart)

GBA:
Final Fantasy IV (Sealed)
Final Fantasy V Complete
Final Fantasy VI (Sealed)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Sealed)
Castlevania Double Pack (Complete)

DS:
Radiant Historia
My World, My Way

GCN:
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (Sealed)
Zelda 4 Game Collection
Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Skies of Arcadia

Wii:
Dokapon Kingdom (Sealed)
Metroid Prime Trilogy Steelbook (Sealed)
Xenoblade Chronicles
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Sealed)
Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition (Sealed) x3
Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Sealed)
Zelda Skyward Sword: Gold Remote Bundle

Wii U:
Zelda Wind Waker HD Limited Edition (Sealed)

PS1:
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Mega Man Legends 2
Tales of Destiny
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (Sealed) x2

PS2:
Easier to post a picture, Its older but most of it is there.
53142_full.jpg

Xbox:
Knights of The Old Republic
Conker Live and Reloaded

Xbox 360:
Bioshock Collectors Edition
Mass Effect Collectors Edition
Tales of Vesperia Premium Edition (Sealed)
Fallout 3 Collectors Edition
Culdcept Saga

PS3:
The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition (Sealed)
Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition
Hyperdimension Neptunia Premium Edition
inFamous 2 Hero Edition
Cross Edge
Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition
Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles Collectors Edition (Sealed) x2

I will add more more as i think of them.

Last edited:
I own a decent amount of what is considered valuable, some rare, some low print. I collect a lot of RPG's mainly. I have almost every PS2 RPG, a few late ones have eluded me (like .hack 4, g.u. 2 + 3, Monster Rancher 4 Etc.) But I have Suikoden Collection, SMT Collection, Tales of Collection, Final Fantasy Collection, etc. Many are missing but these are notables.

SNES:
Lufia II (Loose Cart)

GBA:
Final Fantasy IV (Sealed)
Final Fantasy V Complete
Final Fantasy VI (Sealed)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Sealed)
Castlevania Double Pack (Complete)

DS:
Radiant Historia
My World, My Way

GCN:
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (Sealed)
Zelda 4 Game Collection
Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Skies of Arcadia

Wii:
Dokapon Kingdom (Sealed)
Metroid Prime Trilogy Steelbook (Sealed)
Xenoblade Chronicles
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Sealed)
Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition (Sealed) x3
Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Sealed)
Zelda Skyward Sword: Gold Remote Bundle

Wii U:
Zelda Wind Waker HD Limited Edition (Sealed)

PS1:
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Mega Man Legends 2
Tales of Destiny
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (Sealed) x2

PS2:
Easier to post a picture, Its older but most of it is there.
53142_full.jpg

Xbox:
Knights of The Old Republic
Conker Live and Reloaded

Xbox 360:
Bioshock Collectors Edition
Mass Effect Collectors Edition
Tales of Vesperia Premium Edition (Sealed)
Fallout 3 Collectors Edition
Culdcept Saga

PS3:
The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition (Sealed)
Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition
Hyperdimension Neptunia Premium Edition
inFamous 2 Hero Edition
Cross Edge
Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition
Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles Collectors Edition (Sealed) x2

I will add more more as i think of them.
Sweet collection!

I have a white cover copy of Metal Gear Solid (black label). No other image on it aside from the game logo, see below. Not sure how rare it is, but it's in near mint condition. The logo is really cool, it's in a red foil metallic.

252px-Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png

I have a white cover copy of Metal Gear Solid (black label). No other image on it aside from the game logo, see below. Not sure how rare it is, but it's in near mint condition. The logo is really cool, it's in a red foil metallic.

252px-Metal_Gear_Solid_cover_art.png

Have this as well. Probably fairly rare at this point. I can't even find copies of the game itself at the old gaming/collectable stores.

I have a MGS1 copy but thats it. The others are just collectors editions from last gen so they are not really rare or that expensive yet. I think the 2 things that I have that are not cheap and will go even more expensive in a few years are my God of War 2 Kratos 12 inch figure that goes for around 75 to 90 dollars and my Lighting from Lightning Returns that goes for 100 dollars and you know how long those numbers will go specially for the Lighting figure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"