Do you revisit a game after completion/platinum?

Do you revisit a game after you achieve the platinum trophy?

• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Zeke

PSLS Level: Bronze
original.png

For many people achieving platinum is completing a game and they end up getting rid of the game or never returning back to it. I personally don't return to games I have completed and or platinumed but there is a few titles I have returned to, it just depends on the game.

Last edited:
Only if there is content that is worthy of a return, DLC, etc. For the most part, no. I have such a massive backlog of games that I consider a Plat my stopping point for that game. I then sell/delete it, and move on (unless I am aware of future DLC that I may be interested in). Backlog seems to be the buzzword of late.

Honestly once I have platinumed a game and there is no further DLC I'm typically done with that title. But if there is a multiplayer or story driven DLC then I am all for it. My backlog is entirely too large to stick to one game and play it endlessly. Though I am coming to realize I am beginning to enjoy games the most that have no ending (Madden, NBA 2K14, etc.). These games bring me the most enjoyment, even though most just shrug off sports titles every year.

Once I get that last ding, I see no reason to go back to the game. There are just too many games to play and not enough time to go back and replay a game I have finished.

i revisit mine ALL THE TIME, I love all my games, why would I buy a game just to platinum it and then never play it again? it's a waste of money and time.

i revisit mine ALL THE TIME, I love all my games, why would I buy a game just to platinum it and then never play it again? it's a waste of money and time.

How is that a waste of money? If I spent $60 on a game, and it took me 50+ hours to get the platinum and maybe a month or so to do it (I am slow), then I would say I got my money's worth.

How is that a waste of money? If I spent $60 on a game, and it took me 50+ hours to get the platinum and maybe a month or so to do it (I am slow), then I would say I got my money's worth.
Especially when you consider the rest of the backlog! If I can spend that time with other games that I have actually paid for I will. Not to mention all the PS Plus games!

Typically no, My backlog doesnt allow for it. The only exception are game that i played so long ago i forgot most of it and it is like a new game again. Esp RPG's and older classics.

Generally, no. DLC will bring me back, but only as long it takes to complete it. I'll also revisit a game if there's a reason, such as what Ubisoft has done with ACI and adding new missions over time for Black Flag.

Just like everyone else, once I get the plat, unless there's an amazing multi player component or... I'm really not a fan of dlc... but if the dlc was amazing, I'd come back. I'd keep it around for fear that I would want to replay it one day but for the most part it sits on a shelf or box till then.

As of yet, after a platinum/100%, not really. Same reason as everyone else: backlog. There are a few games that I know I'll revisit, to some extent or other, and others that I actually plan to just platinum and then get rid of (if I can get a decent price for them). But for regular completion of the story mode or whatever, yeah, I usually at least plan to revisit them, whether to aim for more trophies and/or the platinum or to check out a New Game+ mode or new DLC or whatever. It's just a matter of what my backlog allows and my level of interest in the game at any given time.

With all that said, I'll refrain from casting a vote. My choice would be 'depends on the game.'

how is it a waste of time and money?
if you are buying a game for the soul purpose of getting it's trophies and then returning it? waste of money, you just spent 60 bucks for a bunch of trophies.

waste of time?
you could take the time you spent for that 1 time play game and it's 60 dollar trophy set, and play several by revisiting them or just trying out other games for fun instead of trophies. i know a lot of people who do that and to me it's kinda foolish.

how is it a waste of time and money?
if you are buying a game for the soul purpose of getting it's trophies and then returning it? waste of money, you just spent 60 bucks for a bunch of trophies.

waste of time?
you could take the time you spent for that 1 time play game and it's 60 dollar trophy set, and play several by revisiting them or just trying out other games for fun instead of trophies. i know a lot of people who do that and to me it's kinda foolish.
This is all based on the assumption that he's only playing games for the trophies though, where in fact (correct me if I am wrong @Lifewish ), it is more of a gray area. He didn't JUST spend 60 for a bunch of trophies. He got the experience of the game, with trophies as a bonus. Platinum or 100% would indicate that he experienced nearly all the game had to offer. That's a huge value and not a waste of money at all.

On your waste of time argument, again, he isn't saying that he only goes for trophies. He's saying that he simply does not go back to a game once it is 100% complete. I have plenty of games that I have just tried out and gotten very few trophies on. I revisit tons of games (given I haven't gotten the platinum). I could also argue it's a waste of time to revisit games post platinum becuase that is time you could be putting into new games or other games in your backlog that are begging to be played. It's all about the gray area.

The Last of Us. I can play it forever haha. Its great in my opinion. I cannot say that for most of my games.

This is all based on the assumption that he's only playing games for the trophies though, where in fact (correct me if I am wrong @Lifewish ), it is more of a gray area. He didn't JUST spend 60 for a bunch of trophies. He got the experience of the game, with trophies as a bonus. Platinum or 100% would indicate that he experienced nearly all the game had to offer. That's a huge value and not a waste of money at all.

On your waste of time argument, again, he isn't saying that he only goes for trophies. He's saying that he simply does not go back to a game once it is 100% complete. I have plenty of games that I have just tried out and gotten very few trophies on. I revisit tons of games (given I haven't gotten the platinum). I could also argue it's a waste of time to revisit games post platinum becuase that is time you could be putting into new games or other games in your backlog that are begging to be played. It's all about the gray area.

You are absouletly right. I don't buy a game and play it with the intention of grabbing all the trophies and I don't buy a game for trophies at all. However, if I really enjoy a game, like for instance Infamous SS, then I will play it a second time and start to look at how easy or hard the trophies are to see if I want to go after them.

But heck, even if I bought a game at $60 for the trophies, if I enjoyed the game or enjoyed getting the trophies, then how is it fair for anyone to say I wasted my time and money?

Generally, having to complete a platinum requires me to play beyond what I normally would out of a game. So, by the time I get one unlocked, I have already gotten all I want out of a game and then some.

Yes I do. Depending on how good the game is I may go back and play it multiple times after completing it. For example, I beat Super Mario Brothers 3 on NES for the first time probably about 15 years ago, and to this day I go back and play it again when I feel the need to. The same can be said for multiple PS1, PS2, and PS3 games which I own. If it's a good game w/a great gameplay experience, or if it's the type of game that makes me feel a great sense of nostalgia, then I definitely will replay it after completion/platinum.

I'll start this out by saying, I don't "own" a single platinum. And I'm not ashamed of that. You complete a game when the story is finished as far as I'm conerned. 100%-ing is nothing but optional extras in my eyes.

That said, I will always play a game again if it is worth it. Even with a big backlog, I still revisit games. I still revisit games from ages past. I don't let truly phenomenal experiences become some beloved memory. I want to experience them again. I want to bear witness to the story once more. See again what the characters went through and how they developed. If something is awesome, it shall be played again.

For instance, I literally replay Final Fantasy Tactics twice annually. Since the year I first acquired it. I revisit Ness & gang in Earthbound. I defeat Smithy again as Mario, Bowser, Geno and the rest. I pick up the sword and flute as Will in Illusion of Gaia. I save the world from repeating a technological apocalypse in Final Fantasy VI. The tales never get old. And those truly great games are always, eternally, far better than most the drivel released today.

Yes. I revisit games. Often.

I'll start this out by saying, I don't "own" a single platinum. And I'm not ashamed of that. You complete a game when the story is finished as far as I'm conerned. 100%-ing is nothing but optional extras in my eyes.

That said, I will always play a game again if it is worth it. Even with a big backlog, I still revisit games. I still revisit games from ages past. I don't let truly phenomenal experiences become some beloved memory. I want to experience them again. I want to bear witness to the story once more. See again what the characters went through and how they developed. If something is awesome, it shall be played again.

For instance, I literally replay Final Fantasy Tactics twice annually. Since the year I first acquired it. I revisit Ness & gang in Earthbound. I defeat Smithy again as Mario, Bowser, Geno and the rest. I pick up the sword and flute as Will in Illusion of Gaia. I save the world from repeating a technological apocalypse in Final Fantasy VI. The tales never get old. And those truly great games are always, eternally, far better than most the drivel released today.

Yes. I revisit games. Often.

I really wish I had more time to revisit past games. I keep meaning to go back and replay the SNES and PS1/PS2 greats of my youth but I just never find the time in between work, my daughter, my wife, my korean dramas, and PSLS reviews.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"