Favorite Game Soundtracks/Composers

Chalryn

PSLS Level: Bronze
Simple topic: Share some of your favorite video game soundtracks. If you follow specific composers often involved in gaming, then give some shoutouts. If you'd like, share some of your favorite tracks, too. Give as many (or few) details as you want to. =p

As for myself, I'll wait a bit to share mine, seeing as I just finished typing up a huge list of other artists elsewhere on the forum. ^^; Figured I'd at least get a thread started, though.

Great thread.. for me the Persona games, espcially 3 and 4 have had the best music of any game, hands down. Here are two of my favorites.

Persona 3 Opening

Persona 4 Opening

Love Nobuo Uematsu. (sp?) Has to be my favorite game composer. Love all his works. Every single bit of them. Especially across the Final Fantasy series.

And on game will always have my love for an opening cinematic/theme song. Thank you Namco.

Soul Blade:

Great thread.. for me the Persona games, espcially 3 and 4 have had the best music of any game, hands down. Here are two of my favorites.

Persona 3 Opening

Persona 4 Opening

persona music is so good, the live concerts in japan gets sold out every single time.

Well, since Nobuo Uematsu (yes, you spelled it correctly, @Arthur Sataine) is an inevitable mention, I still think FF VIII has my favorite soundtrack out of the series. Case in point:

(Sorta cheating, using a live, fully-orchestrated version. =p)

On an older note, props go out to the Donkey Kong Country series. Especially DKC2.

And for something more recent/modern, I've found Deus Ex: Human Revolution's soundtrack to be quite enjoyable. Have totally just zoned out to its soundtrack on several occasions.

Plenty more, but I'll just post up more over time, rather than doing a big list all at once.

ieyasu = goody two shoes
Lord Happy.

I grabbed The Swapper not too long ago, from a Humble Bundle, not initially knowing what it was or anything. Upon checking a trailer, it seemed kinda neat, so I loaded it up, and I have to say, what a lovely soundtrack it has. Been listening to it when I go to bed lately.

And since I'm on the note of sleep music, here's a couple of other favorites from games that I've used for bedtime over the years. ^^

This was like the "original" sleepy tune for me. Pretty much what got me started on listening to soundtracks and whatnot at bedtime. Always kinda bugged me how Yoko Shimomura didn't seem to get much attention until the Kingdom Hearts games, 'cause she did some great stuff long before them.

Well, since Nobuo Uematsu (yes, you spelled it correctly, @Arthur Sataine)
On an older note, props go out to the Donkey Kong Country series. Especially DKC2.

DKC2 has got to have one of my favorite soundtracks, I'm really glad that David Wise came back to DKC for the Returns series.

Here's a great cover of one of my favorite DKC2 songs, I subbed to these guys waiting for them to upload more stuff but it never came ;_;

DKC2 has got to have one of my favorite soundtracks, I'm really glad that David Wise came back to DKC for the Returns series.

Here's a great cover of one of my favorite DKC2 songs, I subbed to these guys waiting for them to upload more stuff but it never came ;_;

Seriously, DKC for the win.

Pretty sweet cover, though. I swear, I hear the bubbling lava sound from the original, just from being so used to it. xD (Plus the occasional sound effect of bouncing off a croc head.)

Uematsu seemed like the most popular choice, so instead I'll give a shout out to my other favorite video game composer; Yasunori Mitsuda. I've been a huge fan of his ever since I first played Chrono Trigger almost two decades ago

Keiichi Okabe also deserves a mention, I'm really looking forward to hearing the full Drakengard 3 soundtrack

This. This right here.

But yeah, Yasunori Mitsuda is usually the first name tossed out there after Uematsu, lol. Definitely does some great stuff as well. (Recently pointed out his involvement in Arc Rise Fantasia, elsewhere on the forum.) I loved the world map theme(s) in Chrono Cross as well -- particularly the Another World theme.

A quick shoutout to the Mana Khemia games for some great battle tracks. Given the BGM change option in Atelier Totori, I pretty much immediately downloaded and used nothing but MK battle themes through the whole game. Because why not, when you've got music choices like these?:

(They had some other great tunes aside from battle themes, as well.)

I like these because they're catchy and require only your voice. The lyrics are printed in-game, too, so you can read the ones that have lyrics you couldn't understand before.

This, too. This so much.

I think this is more inspired by games than actually for games, but it's still good.

Here's a great cover of one of my favorite DKC2 songs

My thunder has been stolen :oops: DKC2 had an amazing soundtrack. But since Hot Head Bop was already thrown out, I'll present my number 2

Is it a cheat to say that Guitar Hero 2 and 3 had awesome soundtracks as well? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"