FFXIV Name/Server Thread

Think my character got a new number when I hopped from Exodus to Cactuar. Wonder what my other characters' numbers are.

Think my character got a new number when I hopped from Exodus to Cactuar. Wonder what my other characters' numbers are.

Ended up remaking my character after the launch of 1.0 since Fabul had eventually collapsed, and they didn't offer any transfers. Not to mention the community was absolutely toxic.

Then it ended up getting merged with Besaid to become Balmung. Trolls and roleplayers. Nothing against the latter, just not my thing.

So;

Fabul > (Remade Character) Mysidia > (Server Merge) Gungnir > (Transfer since Gungnir became a JP server) Hyperion > Exodus

My number is pretty much lost, haha. Been around since beta 3 of 1.0. What a bizarre ride it's been.

Last edited:
Ended up remaking my character after the launch of 1.0 since Fabul had eventually collapsed, and they didn't offer any transfers. Not to mention the community was absolutely toxic.

Then it ended up getting merged with Besaid to become Balmung. Trolls and roleplayers. Nothing against the latter, just not my thing.

So;

Fabul > (Remade Character) Mysidia > (Server Merge) Gungnir > (Transfer since Gungnir became a JP server) Hyperion

My number is pretty much lost, haha. Been around since beta 3 of 1.0. What a bizarre ride it's been.
They had free character transfers for days when they got the feature up and running

They had free character transfers for days when they got the feature up and running

Ah yeah, I had forgotten about that. I believe that was several months, possibly a year in though. Understandable since they had a lot more pressing issues to be worrying about at that point in time. Already had remade my guy by that point.

Ah yeah, I had forgotten about that. I believe that was several months, possibly a year in though. Understandable since they had a lot more pressing issues to be worrying about at that point in time. Already had remade my guy by that point.
It was like 2 weeks after ARR launch. XD

It was like 2 weeks after ARR launch. XD

There's a miscommunication somewhere. I'm referring to around 1.0 launch, not ARR (2.0). Fabul died out extremely quick and left a lot of toxic people, so I had to remake my guy back then - losing my initial character number.

They did briefly have a transfer service up during 1.0, which is what your post reminded me of.

Last edited:
Shouldn't this technically be under general gaming (or even the Game Specific Forums)? Being that it's on PS3/PS4/PC, with shared servers and all.

Anyroad, I'm Chalryn Thomas, playing on Cactuar.

Shouldn't this technically be under general gaming (or even the Game Specific Forums)? Being that it's on PS3/PS4/PC, with shared servers and all.

Anyroad, I'm Chalryn Thomas, playing on Cactuar.
Well the Games only get Game Specific Forums when BigPete deems it. I can't create them. They have to become popular enough.

I didn't put it under general gaming because I brain farted.

Considering this game is getting a ton of talk it may be one of the first game specific forums. So in other words just keep talking about it :p

Considering this game is getting a ton of talk it may be one of the first game specific forums. So in other words just keep talking about it :p
Yeah I know, that's why I made this forum. Trying to think of other forums to make. Really need a chat box on the left hand side though. We could POSSIBLY join up to a group across servers if we could sync up.

So in other words just keep talking about it :p
So yeah, guys, there's this Final Fantasy game called Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. It's totally fantasy, but far from final. It's the 14th installment in the Final Fantasy series, but an improved version of the original Final Fantasy XIV, because the original Final Fantasy XIV was broken, and this Final Fantasy XIV is better, and has all sorts of references to other Final Fantasies. And y'know what the best part of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is? It's Final Fantasy! ...FFXIV FFXIV FFXIV FFXIV FFXIV.
...and such. =p

But on a more serious note: I'd have no problem just making a new character on a different server, if needed, just to have a little group going with you guys. Actually, since I tend to play at a little too casual of a pace in MMO's (and RPG's in general), it might be better if I just make a new character for party'ing, hah.

So yeah, guys, there's this Final Fantasy game called Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. It's totally fantasy, but far from final. It's the 14th installment in the Final Fantasy series, but an improved version of the original Final Fantasy XIV, because the original Final Fantasy XIV was broken, and this Final Fantasy XIV is better, and has all sorts of references to other Final Fantasies. And y'know what the best part of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is? It's Final Fantasy! ...FFXIV FFXIV FFXIV FFXIV FFXIV.
...and such. =p

But on a more serious note: I'd have no problem just making a new character on a different server, if needed, just to have a little group going with you guys. Actually, since I tend to play at a little too casual of a pace in MMO's (and RPG's in general), it might be better if I just make a new character for party'ing, hah.

Well there's 2 on Hyperion so far. If you make a character on Hyperion I'll look up how to power level you and outfit you with some gear and everything I'm leveling all the craftings jobs and I keep having to throw gear on the AH or NPC it.

Not for Legacy servers. Those didn't come for a few months afterward to give the new servers time to level and have a mature economy.
Not a clue to be honest.

I was on Hyperion. Hyperion. Why would I want anywhere else?

I should have taken the name Handsome Jack.

So patch 2.2 hit.

I highly recommend that everyone complete the next part of the Hildibrand questline. Hilarious as always, and the boss fight at the end is by far my favorite in the game. It's not challenging, and doesn't really reward you with much, but it's just so entertaining.

Also, so much thief/ninja teasing. Not to mention I suspect the new race that NPC (Yugiri) is could be Bangaa? If so, that's awesome. Yoshi-P is really reaching all over previous titles for content to pull in.

Edit: As a side note for any people looking to get into this game or just considering moving over to Hyperion, I would be more than willing to assist as well. Just let me know.

Last edited:
So patch 2.2 hit.

I highly recommend that everyone complete the next part of the Hildibrand questline. Hilarious as always, and the boss fight at the end is by far my favorite in the game. It's not challenging, and doesn't really reward you with much, but it's just so entertaining.

Also, so much thief/ninja teasing. Not to mention I suspect the new race that NPC (Yugiri) is could be Bangaa? If so, that's awesome. Yoshi-P is really reaching all over previous titles for content to pull in.

Edit: As a side note for any people looking to get into this game or just considering moving over to Hyperion, I would be more than willing to assist as well. Just let me know.
Tell me when you want to work on Carpenter.

I'll HQ stuff for your leve turn ins.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"