Games That Should've Been DLC

Jacky

PSLS Level: Silver
ok what games do you think should've been just an add on to it's predecessor, instead of being a stand alone game sold at stores or on the psn.

ok, I just finished playing 'yakuza: dead souls' yesterday, and I gotta say it felt to me more like it should've been a dlc instead of it's own separate game. the same goes for Ninja gaiden 3 razors edge, and bioshock 2.

Bioshock 2 really jumps up to me.. The game just left a lot to be desired but that length kept it from being dlc. AS for Dead Souls, I see your point, though I still liked the game.

The most obvious one is Saints Row 4 but next one to me should have been Star Wars Force Unleashed 2. 4 hours long with little to no reason complete the opposite side of the force they could just continue the dlcs for the first game.

every single yearly updated games of sports games? madden, nba, nhl, mlb, fight night, mma.
i mean most of the things that changes in those games are roster and visual upgrades. they should really just release "sports games" like every 3-5 years. when they can add new "stuffs and gameplay mechanics" to it.

every single yearly updated games of sports games? madden, nba, nhl, mlb, fight night, mma.
i mean most of the things that changes in those games are roster and visual upgrades. they should really just release "sports games" like every 3-5 years. when they can add new "stuffs and gameplay mechanics" to it.
This will never happen though. The games sell too much. Hell I'm one of the ones that buys Madden every year, because it is one of my go to titles to play. People may be bothered by that, but I love football games, always have and always will.

This will never happen though. The games sell too much. Hell I'm one of the ones that buys Madden every year, because it is one of my go to titles to play. People may be bothered by that, but I love football games, always have and always will.

don't get me wrong i love football also (wathcing nfl and playing flag football anyways) but when was the last time that they really made a huge gameplay difference (or a different game engine for it) from one game to another? but you're right this games sells so much year in and year out that it is almost impossible to not make this kind of games.

don't get me wrong i love football also (wathcing nfl and playing flag football anyways) but when was the last time that they really made a huge gameplay difference (or a different game engine for it) from one game to another? but you're right this games sells so much year in and year out that it is almost impossible to not make this kind of games.
I think I typically look at it differently than most gamers though. I'm a football coach, played in college, etc. So while yes I look at the actual gameplay elements when playing or reviewing the titles, I also look at how the defenses react when running different coverage schemes, linemen are taking correct angles when running specific blocking schemes. Runningbacks and receivers are taking realistic cuts while running a play. Proper footwork, correct passing trajectories depending on a QB's foot placement. The list can really go on forever.

There have been times when I see something in the game one year and it's fixed the next year, yet it goes unnoticed by many fans of the series. The series as a whole has made huge strides in correcting the pass coverage as well as the offensive and defensive linemen over the past several years, along with runningback maneuverability as well.

Do I expect people to notice this stuff? Absolutely not. But considering how big football is in my life it's kind of hard for me not to.

when you put it like that, then what about all the updated CoD Games?they do so much copy and pasting it's not even funny. assassin's creed liberation seemed like a dlc game as well.

when you put it like that, then what about all the updated CoD Games?they do so much copy and pasting it's not even funny. assassin's creed liberation seemed like a dlc game as well.
I agree considering how the vita original took forever to get to each chapter of as there was a lot of free roaming in between each chapter.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Halo 3: ODST, and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 are the first three that come to mind, considering that 80% of their core was already established during the previous iteration and the content was not made available as DLC to those who already owned the originals.

At least they weren't sold at full price, but it's still a dick move.

EDIT: Just remembered... Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. That's 3 Capcom games, holy hell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"