How do you use your Vita Remote Play function?

Big Head

PSLS Level: Bronze
Just poking around online, I see people mentioning the connection they use for remote play is just the basic one, which I'm guessing is to link up directly. I get MASSIVE lag and screen pixelation doing it that way, and the signal constantly drops. My PS4 is connected directly to my router, and I am upstairs in a townhome when I'm typically using it.

Instead, I end up having to connect via the Internet (click the bottom right bubble on the PS4 Link screen) to have any shot at less lag and a decent connection that won't drop every five minutes.

What way have you had the most luck? I can't play in-game action on FIFA or Madden just because of the craptastic button layout, but I can do the Ultimate Team stuff or manage my club, and it sounds like Destiny is very doable on Vita, which would be awesome. I just want to figure out the best connection settings, or ones that you've at least had luck with.

I don't have a TV, much less a PS4, but I've worked in IT on and off for about 15 years, and my guess is probably something to do with your router.

There are new routers that are much faster and allow device-to-device connection while streaming to be much smoother.

Not all routers are created equal. Best look for a router that is compatible with remote play or recommended at least, and go that route.

I doubt it's a matter of settings.

I just don't see the point playing your PS4 games on your Vita. I mean, it beats the purpose of enjoying a good game at its best possible resolution, and I have to blame sony for including a function that enable crosplay. It just give the developers not to port their games to Vita. :|

I just don't see the point playing your PS4 games on your Vita. I mean, it beats the purpose of enjoying a good game at its best possible resolution, and I have to blame sony for including a function that enable crosplay. It just give the developers not to port their games to Vita. :|
There's tons of reasons for Remote Play. Want to play a game in another room without disconnecting the whole system playing MMOs while in the restroom, playing RPGs that can't possibly fit on the Vita over the internet, loaning a Vita T.V. to your friend so you can remote play together, If you're sick you can just grab the Vita and play like that, on Guacamelee (on PS3 at least) remote playing the game lets you do a mode where the map layout is on your vita, and you play the game on the main screen. Just on FFXIV alone I love being able to craft in the game while putting furniture together, or cooking, or anything else.

@MakaiOokami
Ok, you sold me, playing while in the bathroom. :))
I didn't mention it while in the bathroom but that is one of my favorite things. I've done Minecraft in the restroom, and did quests on FFXIV while in the bathroom. Almost died on Minecraft. Never did that again. XD

I actually did PvZ Taco Bandits while in the bathroom, there was only 1 other person, and I killed them, then they left, and some kid was on my team, so I turned off the volume and won the round. If you want to get the MVP trophy and one other trophy that's the best way I've found of doing it XD.

I didn't mention it while in the bathroom but that is one of my favorite things. I've done Minecraft in the restroom, and did quests on FFXIV while in the bathroom. Almost died on Minecraft. Never did that again. XD

I actually did PvZ Taco Bandits while in the bathroom, there was only 1 other person, and I killed them, then they left, and some kid was on my team, so I turned off the volume and won the round. If you want to get the MVP trophy and one other trophy that's the best way I've found of doing it XD.

Thats the only 'other' place that makes sense. XD

@MakaiOokami
Ok, you sold me, playing while in the bathroom. :))
Shuhei Yoshida definitely inspired me to try this. :D

I think the best way that remote play has worked for me is via Internet connection. My workplace has a firewall that blocks PSN, so I tethered an LTE connection from my Xperia Z to my Vita. I was able to play lag free on The Evil Within for around 15 minutes. After that I checked to see how much data was used during that period of time. My phone had consumed 1.15gb of data in that short period of time, so I wouldn't recommend this method unless you have a damned good data plan with your mobile provider.

^I'm actually thinking of enabling my subscription for Mobile WiFi Hotspot since I don't have an internet at home, just to enjoy Freedom Wars to its fullest, but yeah, the data consuption is holding me back.

And actually, Vita on the bathroom isn't a bad idea...

^I'm actually thinking of enabling my subscription for Mobile WiFi Hotspot since I don't have an internet at home, just to enjoy Freedom Wars to its fullest, but yeah, the data consuption is holding me back.

And actually, Vita on the bathroom isn't a bad idea...
Sounds like half of this forum will have a t.v. and a Vita TV in the bathroom just for this very purpose at this point.

Oh man Sony needs to develop gaming toilet rims, or just market some of those famous fancy toilets in America. Don't let curry screw up your game session!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enzo0
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"