Infamous Second Son - everything you know

Discussion in 'PS4 & PS3' started by Zeke, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Arthur Sataine

Arthur Sataine PSLS Level: Bronze PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    Then what is the point of buying it at all? If it's good, it's good. Doesn't matter when. You will eventually spend that cash anyhow. Just fails to make sense not to go ahead and have the machine ready.

2. Vinomen

Vinomen PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Vinomen
    I completely agree, the games that are plenty of good games that are well worth the price of entry. Even though some of the same games are on PS3 id rather drop the $400 bucks and play the best version of the game on the newest system, plus get all the newest features and benefits. One of my favorite features alone is the speed of the trophy sync (i loathe the ps3 sync so much i keep it in offline mode).

Plus inFamous is still worth it regardless of length. It is still that good..

3. Phoenix8387

Phoenix8387 PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Phoenix8387
    Getting this thread back on topic: the first mission of Part 2 of Paper Trail seems to be active for some people in game, the website still says it's coming soon though.

Not at home so I can't check, but enough people are saying it's working that it may end up going live later today or tomorrow.

4. Arthur Sataine

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    This means I need to hurry along and complete the first missions. I just want to know when I get the karma from doing the early papertrail stuff. Such as signing up, the quiz, taking the test with the physical packet, and syncing my profiles.

5. Phoenix8387

PSN:
    Phoenix8387
    The karma is pretty worthless, but you'll get it after you sync with the web after the first Paper Trail mission. The first three missions are fairly quick and you'll probably spend more time solving the web puzzles than playing the game.

6. Arthur Sataine

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    Well I'm alright with solving the web puzzles. I certainly am not going to look them up online to find the answers. I'd never diminish my experience in such a manner.

7. Vinomen

PSN:
    Vinomen
    Wait until you get to the Drone Puzzle. That one sucked.

Ill check for Part II when get home tonight. Hoping to finish up my Expert Evil Play through Tonight.

8. Chandler Wood

Chandler Wood Get Off My Wood Staff Member

PSN:
    Wedge19
    I found the drone easy, but I love logic puzzles like that. I found trying to figure out the stuff with the detective to be much more difficult! Especially just figuring out how to start that part out, you have to think like you are in real life and not just playing a game. It was tough!

9. Vinomen

PSN:
    Vinomen
    I got the detective thing no problem, and the drone could've been better, id have like 1 number left on my 6th try and then fail. Plus the lack of instructions sucked, I was digging through everything thinking I missed a 6 digit number somewhere not realizing it was actually a puzzle.

10. Phoenix8387

PSN:
    Phoenix8387
    Part 2 of Paper Trail is now live.

Edit: Just finished it. It's a bit more tricky than the first part.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  11. BigPete7978

BigPete7978 PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    How was it overall?

12. Phoenix8387

PSN:
    Phoenix8387
    The first puzzle I thought was fairly easy, took around 10 minutes to solve. The second took more rooting around and part of it is pretty easy to overlook, which I only found because someone told me where to look.

The in-game missions pretty much follow the same exact structure as part 1.

I still like what they are doing, except for the chase parts, they annoy me. And while I don't love that they're spreading it out over six weeks, I understand why they are doing it and it does help build anticipation for the next episode.

13. Phoenix8387

PSN:
    Phoenix8387
    Paper Trail 3 is live. Overall I thought it was easier, though it is also pretty easy to gloss over an important piece of information and stumble onto a lesser piece and get sidetracked into a dead end after the first mission. But once you get past the first web section, it's fairly straight forward and simple assuming you can get past the sometimes aggravating mini-game. Took me about an hour to run through on my own, even with getting sidetracked.

If you look up the answers, well... it'll be less than five minutes and you can completely skip the mini-game.

14. Zeke

Zeke PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    mix345
    Infamous second son is so much better with the latest update, I'm looking forward to uploading some of my beautiful gameplay pics once firmware update 1.70 comes out for ps4

Arthur Sataine likes this.
  15. Zeke

Zeke PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    mix345
  16. Chandler Wood

Chandler Wood Get Off My Wood Staff Member

PSN:
    Wedge19
    We've got a thread on this very forum in the inFAMOUS section just for these uploads. Feel free to share them.