Minecraft PS4

MakaiOokami

PSLS Level: Bronze
It's out today a $5.00 upgrade from the ps3 version. From what I saw you just need save data and to have played it online for the 5.00 upgrade. gonna do lots o streaming

Beats me? The whole way the Minecraft for PS4 thing went down was just strange. Never having a good release date, missing approval from Sony and having to get pushed back from even the general date, then the Thursday release after a rather sudden announcement that it was ready to be released. Oh well seems to done well enough to cause the PSN to have some issues so I guess it didn't need a fully operational hype machine.

The physical game came out on PS3 on a Friday which is never the norm anymore. I feel like with Mine craft they have so much testing and bug testing and behind the scenes coding to do and have run better that they have a "When it's done it's done" mentality. they are kinda the diva that's late and no one cares because they are just happy they showed up at all

I picked up mine craft but I have not had any time with it I have been to busy with Destiny to be playing to much of anything else... I am going to have to set up a day for just playing mine craft...

Sad that MS took it over.... I am not sure how well they are going to hand this game or well more to point the community of this game...

Fingers crossed they do a good job with it...

I picked up mine craft but I have not had any time with it I have been to busy with Destiny to be playing to much of anything else... I am going to have to set up a day for just playing mine craft...

Sad that MS took it over.... I am not sure how well they are going to hand this game or well more to point the community of this game...

Fingers crossed they do a good job with it...
I had a whole huge spiel about what I think it means.

Then I realized something. I think Microsoft just doesn't want to make 30 percent off of the sales of 1 platform.

It takes 125k sales for Microsoft to make back that 2.5 mil.

It takes maybe 200k for them to make back that money just from the Sony Platforms.

I think they're going to make an LBP competitor or perhaps a Terarria clone.

I think they're going to release a DLC that simulates the PVP stuff on modded PC clients

I think they're going to make themes and avatar clothes, and stuff out the wazoo.

Why didn't they hold out for 5 mil XD

Then I realized something. I think Microsoft just doesn't want to make 30 percent off of the sales of 1 platform.

It takes maybe 200k for them to make back that money just from the Sony Platforms.

I think they're going to release a DLC that simulates the PVP stuff on modded PC clients

I think they're going to make themes and avatar clothes, and stuff out the wazoo.

It's all part of microshits plan to take over the world

I think MS bought Mine Craft for two reasons...

One being they are going to use it for all the mobile devices it is going to be a there when you buy the phone and the cost of it is worked into all their phones and tablets and so on...

They also bought into it because I think it will go the way of Angry bird and they are going to push out merchandise on mine craft products things like we never seen before...

I know there is a lot know but think of it on the scoop of Star Wars or Angry bird merchandizing ...

The other reason it could be and I mean "COULD BE" meaning a chance...

IS when they sell off the Xbox Division... This is going to make their holdings of much more...

It is that other block buster name that will help them push the price up of Xbox Brand.

I know some gamers will think of me as a fan boy but I owned both Original Xbox and the 360...

I am not, and there is a large possibility that MS will sell of the Xbox Brand..

Xbox was not what the major share holders wanted it was what the CEO and leaders of MS wanted because they were competing for the living room at the time..

Consoles as we know them are on their last legs... I think we will see 2 maybe 3 more generations and then it will turn into something else...

Streamed services maybe the way to go but that will not be ready for the masses till much later...

I think MS bought Mine Craft for two reasons...

One being they are going to use it for all the mobile devices it is going to be a there when you buy the phone and the cost of it is worked into all their phones and tablets and so on...

They also bought into it because I think it will go the way of Angry bird and they are going to push out merchandise on mine craft products things like we never seen before...

I know there is a lot know but think of it on the scoop of Star Wars or Angry bird merchandizing ...

The other reason it could be and I mean "COULD BE" meaning a chance...

IS when they sell off the Xbox Division... This is going to make their holdings of much more...

It is that other block buster name that will help them push the price up of Xbox Brand.

I know some gamers will think of me as a fan boy but I owned both Original Xbox and the 360...

I am not, and there is a large possibility that MS will sell of the Xbox Brand..

Xbox was not what the major share holders wanted it was what the CEO and leaders of MS wanted because they were competing for the living room at the time..

Consoles as we know them are on their last legs... I think we will see 2 maybe 3 more generations and then it will turn into something else...

Streamed services maybe the way to go but that will not be ready for the masses till much later...

I want this to be the last console generation. I want them to create gaming computers. I want to see a good Linux and everyone develolping on a Playstation Linux PC. I can't see the PS4 getting more powerful and not becoming sort of a PC/Console hybrid. The standardization of Consoles, but the awesomeness of Linux+PC

I mean really? 16-32GB of RAM, 8 core 3Ghz processors, and 2 Terabytes of data storage, for gaming? Making games can only get so expensive. It's going to take a lot to bump up to 4k consoles. It's going to take a lot to develop for those.

Next console generation has to be the last one. There's no way developers can afford to make 4-8k games at the level of quality people want... It gets to a point of diminishing returns. The PS4 would have to sell like 400 million units to justify a console generation to go to 4k gaming. So many developers have already gone out of business.

I want this to be the last console generation. I want them to create gaming computers. I want to see a good Linux and everyone develolping on a Playstation Linux PC. I can't see the PS4 getting more powerful and not becoming sort of a PC/Console hybrid. The standardization of Consoles, but the awesomeness of Linux+PC

I mean really? 16-32GB of RAM, 8 core 3Ghz processors, and 2 Terabytes of data storage, for gaming? Making games can only get so expensive. It's going to take a lot to bump up to 4k consoles. It's going to take a lot to develop for those.

Next console generation has to be the last one. There's no way developers can afford to make 4-8k games at the level of quality people want... It gets to a point of diminishing returns. The PS4 would have to sell like 400 million units to justify a console generation to go to 4k gaming. So many developers have already gone out of business.

It think that would shoot them in the foot. going large scale enough to price themselves right out of the market is not a good thing...

Consoles fill the hole that PC gaming leaves behind...

Sure some gamers can make a good enough PC at around 800 bucks or so... but even at that you will not be running games at their max and if you are able to you will not be doing it for long...

Now that is a some percentage of gamers that are able to make a pc gaming rig. Sure many we know do but for ever one of us that does know how to do that... there are 10s of hundreds that do not...

Consoles are meant to be cheap to get... with the cost of them to run spread out over the 5 years...

Where PC gaming is great if you have the large cash and know how up front... then you save a bundle on the games after... (remember even those games on steam the developers and publishers are still making money even at rock bottom prices.. )

Consoles are meant to be that quick get plug in a couple wires and you are off.. No Drivers or Updating needed... (hardware). No virus protection, or adware scanners needed.

Just put in the game and play. Once you start moving away from that then you are competing with all other PCs and OSs Out on the market.

We will end up seeing consoles slowing over the next few generations blend in to services... we will get those 4k and 8k games but it will not be done with a console that has huge horse power it will all be streamed off of servers... like PlayStation Now.

That is the future of console gaming is... but what is needed is internet and till the speeds and coverage of users on the internet is doubled in users and in speeds at least doubled for speeds... we will continue to see consoles as they are...

300 to 500 dollars systems that will give you the latest games. After those prices you are getting into 600 700 800 well you are much better off investing into a computer...

Sorry this is long winded... but I do think you make some good points... one thing is for sure the writing is one the wall for consoles.. They will soon be turned into something else...

Maybe a small portal box to help display the video stream of games being played somewhere else.

It think that would shoot them in the foot. going large scale enough to price themselves right out of the market is not a good thing...

Consoles fill the hole that PC gaming leaves behind...

Sure some gamers can make a good enough PC at around 800 bucks or so... but even at that you will not be running games at their max and if you are able to you will not be doing it for long...

Now that is a some percentage of gamers that are able to make a pc gaming rig. Sure many we know do but for ever one of us that does know how to do that... there are 10s of hundreds that do not...

Consoles are meant to be cheap to get... with the cost of them to run spread out over the 5 years...

Where PC gaming is great if you have the large cash and know how up front... then you save a bundle on the games after... (remember even those games on steam the developers and publishers are still making money even at rock bottom prices.. )

Consoles are meant to be that quick get plug in a couple wires and you are off.. No Drivers or Updating needed... (hardware). No virus protection, or adware scanners needed.

Just put in the game and play. Once you start moving away from that then you are competing with all other PCs and OSs Out on the market.

We will end up seeing consoles slowing over the next few generations blend in to services... we will get those 4k and 8k games but it will not be done with a console that has huge horse power it will all be streamed off of servers... like PlayStation Now.

That is the future of console gaming is... but what is needed is internet and till the speeds and coverage of users on the internet is doubled in users and in speeds at least doubled for speeds... we will continue to see consoles as they are...

300 to 500 dollars systems that will give you the latest games. After those prices you are getting into 600 700 800 well you are much better off investing into a computer...

Sorry this is long winded... but I do think you make some good points... one thing is for sure the writing is one the wall for consoles.. They will soon be turned into something else...

Maybe a small portal box to help display the video stream of games being played somewhere else.
If they're going to stream them off of PS Now then there's absolutely no reason to release new consoles. Vita, Playstation T.V. PS3, PS4, and t.v. apps google play apps, etc.

If they're going to stream them off of PS Now then there's absolutely no reason to release new consoles. Vita, Playstation T.V. PS3, PS4, and t.v. apps google play apps, etc.

well there is still a large amount of people or customers that do not have the capability to be able to run streaming games. Until that becomes much higher it is going to a generation or 2 to have it profitable enough to do away with the consoles.

well there is still a large amount of people or customers that do not have the capability to be able to run streaming games. Until that becomes much higher it is going to a generation or 2 to have it profitable enough to do away with the consoles.
We are talking like 8-10 years though. Hopefully a lot will change.

But leave it to America to consider itself the greatest country, despite failing in every possible category.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"