PS4 Disc versus Digital.

Digital or Disc, personality both works for me. I am sure some folks around these boards or have friends who may eventually have this problem with space in a room. Digital to me has the advantage of not having to worry about shelf space or being a lack of space. However I prefer getting the disc 9/10 times unless the digital game is free of course lol.

How well does the PS4 sign in and play your game anywhere work? It's supposed to be a digital library that follows you and streams the bits you need right?

How well does the PS4 sign in and play your game anywhere work? It's supposed to be a digital library that follows you and streams the bits you need right?

For digital games, yes. But I have yet to see it stream as I play. It always downloads them.

For digital games, yes. But I have yet to see it stream as I play. It always downloads them.
What happens if I'm signed in and then my wife turns on the PS4 to watch Netflix while I'm at a friends house. Would i be able to play my digital games at his house, while she watches Netflix at my house on my account?

Trying to figure out how all this works. I know you can authorize secondary PS3s, and I think you can authorize multiple secondaries, but they do a digital rights check or something?

Not sure how it all works. Probably won't know anyone with a PS4 for a year or 2 at this rate. Especially since no where has any in stock. XD

What happens if I'm signed in and then my wife turns on the PS4 to watch Netflix while I'm at a friends house. Would i be able to play my digital games at his house, while she watches Netflix at my house on my account?

Trying to figure out how all this works. I know you can authorize secondary PS3s, and I think you can authorize multiple secondaries, but they do a digital rights check or something?

Not sure how it all works. Probably won't know anyone with a PS4 for a year or 2 at this rate. Especially since no where has any in stock. XD

About 98% sure you should be good in that scenario. If not mistaken, you can be on a couple of PS4 consoles at a time. However, the "guest" PS4 won't have access to your data. Only when logged in on your account will it let you play games.

About 98% sure you should be good in that scenario. If not mistaken, you can be on a couple of PS4 consoles at a time. However, the "guest" PS4 won't have access to your data. Only when logged in on your account will it let you play games.
Does the camera let you log in by being there? I forget. I know the Kinect does.

I might just have to go physical.

I don't want a digital library of games that I might eventually get free for PS Plus. Then I can loan out the physicals and have the digitals at my finger tips.

Why didn't anyone make that argument. You all suck. XD Jk.

Buy a physical disk. It isn't like you can lend out your games digitally or trade them in when you KNOW that you will NEVER EVER play that game again. Give or take a 1 year and it'll just be collecting dust in your shelves somewhere anyways. My best option that I still FULLY support is renting games. At least you will have experienced what the game has to offer, but for some games like indies that are digital only, I guess you're stuck with digital copies. If you rent and don't like, don't buy. If you rent and want MORE, definitely buy. That's I feel about renting, then you'll actually want a copy of the game anyways whether digital or physical.

Buy a physical disk. It isn't like you can lend out your games digitally or trade them in when you KNOW that you will NEVER EVER play that game again. Give or take a 1 year and it'll just be collecting dust in your shelves somewhere anyways. My best option that I still FULLY support is renting games. At least you will have experienced what the game has to offer, but for some games like indies that are digital only, I guess you're stuck with digital copies. If you rent and don't like, don't buy. If you rent and want MORE, definitely buy. That's I feel about renting, then you'll actually want a copy of the game anyways whether digital or physical.
So you are a member of Gamefly for your renting? Or do you still go to physical stores for renting titles?

So you are a member of Gamefly for your renting? Or do you still go to physical stores for renting titles?

No I don't depend on GameFly for my renting services. Sometimes for new games it takes a massive amount of time for those new games to ship to you if youre too late for the grabs. I just drive past my local Family Video and tell them to put a hold on a videogame for me if someone else has rented it already. At least I'll know I get it in the upcoming days after someone else has finished with it.

Physical Games typically. If it is a new game or a game i really want I pretty much will always want the physical. However cheap prices will cause me to opt for Digital. PS+ has given me a ton of digital games.

Dang! Am I the only one going all digital? I never resell my games and usually buy them at release. PS+ taught me to love digital and with PS4 I went all in. I absolutely love the convenience - never going to the store and never putting discs in and out. Switching games on the fly is so easy - plus it's a lot more quiet with nothing spinning in the disc drive.

I suppose it helped my decision that I get about 20 Mbps wireless in my house though. 50 if hard line in. I think I downloaded inFAMOUS in about 10-15 minutes. It sure made going digital an easier decision.

Last edited:
Dang! Am I the only one going all digital? I never resell my games and usually buy them at release. PS+ taught me to love digital and with PS4 I went all in. I absolutely love the convenience - never going to the store and never putting discs in and out. Switching games on the fly is so easy - plus it's a lot more quiet with nothing spinning in the disc drive.

I suppose it helped my decision that I get about 20 Mbps wireless in my house though. 50 if hard line in. I think I downloaded inFAMOUS in about 10-15 minutes. It sure made going digital an easier decision.
First off, welcome to the forums!!! :)

Secondly, a fast internet definitely helps. I personally don't have tha toast of an internet connection, but I am not completely agains a digital standpoint. Does it bother you that you aren't able to resell your games once you have accomplished everything in them? That is one of the things that I am having to get over, though it's not that big of a deal considering I have so many games via Steam on PC.

First off, welcome to the forums!!! :)

Secondly, a fast internet definitely helps. I personally don't have tha toast of an internet connection, but I am not completely agains a digital standpoint. Does it bother you that you aren't able to resell your games once you have accomplished everything in them? That is one of the things that I am having to get over, though it's not that big of a deal considering I have so many games via Steam on PC.

Thanks for the welcome!

Well, before I got my PS4 I looked back at my PS3 collection to judge what my buying/selling habits were like. Turns out I only sold a few games over the entire generation. I take a long time to finish games so by the time I'm finished with them they are worth very very little at trade in. So it wasn't really worth it to sell them and I didn't. As such, I figured buying digitally would probably work out for me.

To go hand in hand with that, I try and wait for price drops on games I'm not 100% sure I'll want to keep. It's definitely a leap of faith, but so far, for me, the benefits are worth it.

Thanks for the welcome!

Well, before I got my PS4 I looked back at my PS3 collection to judge what my buying/selling habits were like. Turns out I only sold a few games over the entire generation. I take a long time to finish games so by the time I'm finished with them they are worth very very little at trade in. So it wasn't really worth it to sell them and I didn't. As such, I figured buying digitally would probably work out for me.

To go hand in hand with that, I try and wait for price drops on games I'm not 100% sure I'll want to keep. It's definitely a leap of faith, but so far, for me, the benefits are worth it.

For making your account the Silver Surfer, you are now my favorite.

To me it all depends on many factors. I honestly prefer digital because it is more convenient to game-swap and the quietness of the system when digital compared to physical is nice. I also grew up with a family where disc-based games only lasted a year or less, so that might have added to it. The other major factor is mostly during sales (PS+ free games count as sales to me), this is why I chose some games digitally compared to a physical copy. This also applies to every possible system, not just PS4, BTW.

At the end of the day I decided to wait for Target game sales Amazon deals, super blow out deals on the PSN.

The clincher to me was that eventually older titles are going to be PS Plus games. So I'd rather be like "Damn I just bought that physically 3 months ago and it's still shrink wrapped" rather than "Damn I just bought that digitally 3 months ago and haven't started it up yet and now it's free"

XD At least then I can loan out a physical copy and still play the digital. So PS Plus is what changed my mind to go physically.

Is it just me, or has the ps4 really made the idea of digital games enticing? I usually hated getting digital on my ps3. Even now it is a hassle, but on ps4 I am thinking about going all digital.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"