Soul Sacrifice Delta is up, $35.99

Borshay

PSLS Level: Silver
Everything Vita
For those who want to purchase from their PC, link here! Should be able to search it via the PS Store App on the Vita. Game is 3.0gb in size.

Anyone plan on picking it up?

Last edited:
How is it different from the original. It was listed as free on the PS Store yesterday (the original) and I picked it up.

Soul Sacrifice Delta introduces a new 3rd faction, the previous being Avalon, Sanctuary and the new being the Grimm faction. Avalon represents Sacrifice, Sanctuary represents Saving, and Grimm is Luck.

cts2_img2.jpg

More bosses and enemies, improved textures and arenas. More details in the link!

More details quoted from the PS Blog:
Soul Sacrifice Delta brings many additions and enhancements to the original title – there are new monsters based on classic fairy tales with a dark twist, more sorcerers, maps, quest and spells.
But there isn’t just more of everything; we’ve made many improvements to the game mechanics with dynamic maps, adaptive and more complex AI for the monsters. The spell casting system has been overhauled too: you can now combine spells during battle to enhance them or create new ones, which adds a lot of variety and depth to the gameplay.

Soul Sacrifice Delta also introduces Grim, the third faction, and tells the story of their plot against the established order and the very nature of the world. Players can now choose to pledge allegiance to one of the factions, which have their own strengths, rewards and play styles, all of which reflect the faction’s belief.

Save data from Soul sacrifice including story progression, costumes, offerings, sigils, black rites, life/soul essence and lacrima (up to 10,000) will carry over to Soul Sacrifice Delta! So, if you transfer your save data from Soul Sacrifice, the story progression will carry over and you can continue on with your adventure in Soul Sacrifice Delta.

Soul Sacrifice Delta introduces a new 3rd faction, the previous being Avalon, Sanctuary and the new being the Grimm faction. Avalon represents Sacrifice, Sanctuary represents Saving, and Grimm is Luck.

cts2_img2.jpg

More bosses and enemies, improved textures and arenas. More details in the link!

More details quoted from the PS Blog:
Nice. Will there be an addon for those that own the game? Or is it being treated as a completely new title?

Nice. Will there be an addon for those that own the game? Or is it being treated as a completely new title?

Its completely new, similar to God Eater Burst, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace or Toukiden Extreme. While they are expansions they do alter the core game & core coding that requires them to do a separate release.

The Vita Lounge has a great review up for the game. Makes me wish I wasn't waiting for a sale price, but my backlog is too large and I cannot avoid clearing it anymore.

Here is a snippet and link for the review.
Soul Sacrifice was one of last year’s best original PlayStation Vita games, bringing the monster hunting subgenre to the portable with Keiji Inafune’s own personal twist. Now we’re back with this new title, Soul Sacrifice Delta; it’s not quite a enhanced version and yet not a sequel either – the game is something… different, and I’m here to tell you why.

I’m just going to come right out and say it – Soul Sacrifice Delta is the game that Soul Sacrifice should have been. While Soul Sacrifice was surely a great game and had no real flaws per say, Soul Sacrifice Delta is a near perfect version of that same game idea – adding pretty much everything you could have asked for after experiencing the first game, and doing so with a much more beautiful flair than the original.

I just barely beat Soul Sacrifice yesterday, funny because I've owned the game since launch... Picking up Delta on Thursday when I get paid, I've been very stupid with my money the past few weeks and I need to make sure no additional charges hit my account before I buy any new stuff.

2014-05-11-042004.jpg

I just barely beat Soul Sacrifice yesterday, funny because I've owned the game since launch... Picking up Delta on Thursday when I get paid, I've been very stupid with my money the past few weeks and I need to make sure no additional charges hit my account before I buy any new stuff.

I've owned it since launch also... i'm at the end...
I really should probably beat it... game is very good.

I've owned it since launch also... i'm at the end...
I really should probably beat it... game is very good.
You should really finish it, I didn't think I would be so invested in the story but it turned out to be one of my favorite aspects of the game. Still don't know why they changed the translation, IMO the Japanese names worked far better for the story.

You should really finish it, I didn't think I would be so invested in the story but it turned out to be one of my favorite aspects of the game. Still don't know why they changed the translation, IMO the Japanese names worked far better for the story.
The names are from the Arthur legends right?

The names are from the Arthur legends right?
Right, primarily just some of the main characters were Morgan, Merlin, and Nimue. I really feel like that would've driven the themes of the game a lot better, what with the Chalice/Holy Grail connection and the monsters being primarily influenced by Western mythology and folk tales. Hell, the main organization of the game is called "Avalon", that remained unchanged.

Magusar and Sortiara are really cool names, though.

Right, primarily just some of the main characters were Morgan, Merlin, and Nimue. I really feel like that would've driven the themes of the game a lot better, what with the Chalice/Holy Grail connection and the monsters being primarily influenced by Western mythology and folk tales. Hell, the main organization of the game is called "Avalon", that remained unchanged.

Magusar and Sortiara are really cool names, though.
I think using the Arthurian names would've been a selling point come marketing time. Who wouldn't love a twisted spin on the old stuff.

I downloaded SS when it entered PS+'s IGC. I tried it for 20min or so, but it didn't hook me. I'm interested to see how much improvement was made, but I'm not in any rush to go buy it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"