There Came an Echo

Discussion in 'PS4 & PS3' started by Lifewish, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Lifewish

Lifewish 중재자 Staff Member

PSN:
    lifewish
    This game sounds really fun. A voice command Squad RTS with Wil Wheaton as one of the roles. SIGN ME UP. Seriously, the game looks really fun and for those who don't want to do voice commands, you can also play the entire game with the Dualshock 4.

Here is the trailer and the story from PSLS.

What do you guys think? Excited for it?

2. stolenxnametag

stolenxnametag PSLS Level: Kraken PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    arithrottle
    You know everyone picks on you for hating everything? Let's switch roles for a moment.

I hate RTS games, and Wil Wheaton's portrayal of Wesley Crusher was easily the lowest point in Star Trek: TNG for me. This is a double no!

The voice command part is a plus, though. I've been waiting for a reason to yell at my tv.

3. BigPete7978

BigPete7978 PSLS Level: Silver

PSN:
    BigPete7978
    No StarCraft or Age of Empires?

4. SightfulRage

SightfulRage PSLS Level: Bronze

PSN:
    Sightful_Rage
    Yeah... I feel like I've stumbled into the twilight zone with @Lifewish's and @stolenxnametag's comments.

This does seem interesting, though. I'm not big on RTS games because they generally take too much strategy for my brain to comprehend. But one that focuses on voice commands could be something. I have a feeling that I would have to switch to the controller after too long or only play when my roommate isn't here so that I don't make it seem as if I'm going insane. Although I don't play many RTS games, I had no idea what tactical command "Make it so" did. It wasn't till I read the article that I understood. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

5. stolenxnametag

PSN:
    arithrottle
    Nope. Not at all.

Yeah, I really want to yell at my tv - I think the whole concept is hilarious. I just don't want to wake up my wife on my nights home from work.

6. Lifewish

Lifewish 중재자 Staff Member

PSN:
    lifewish
    Star Trek sucks ass, so you didn't hurt my feelings there. However, it is a bummer you hate RTS games, they can be really great.

As for the yelling at your TV, I think the voice commands work if you speak in a normal tone but I could be wrong :)

7. stolenxnametag

PSN:
    arithrottle
    I'm going to hope for a demo because the concept sounds cool enough to try. :-D

8. Lionheartwolf

Lionheartwolf PSLS Level: Newbie

PSN:
    Lionheartwolf
    Yelling at the TV? Is this a game for Gary Busey? Anyway, I'm not a fan of voice commands it's only when I start talking to my hardware do I realize that I need to stop playing video games for a little bit.

stolenxnametag likes this.
  9. Arthur Sataine

Arthur Sataine PSLS Level: Bronze PSLS Ambassador

PSN:
    ArthurSataine
    Everything about this intrigues me. And I can't wait to see just how successful the voice implementation is.

10. stolenxnametag

PSN:
    arithrottle
    Gary Busey is one of my spirit animals.