Top 5 PS3 Games Ever

Ask me for games and I shall bestow upon you a great list. Don't ask dudes like @BigPete7978
HEY! It's all what someone enjoys playing. I honestly haven't felt drawn into a RPG game (mostly what you prefer) since the PS1 Final Fantasy titles, which include two of my favorite games ever on my list (FFVIII, FFVII). I just feel as if the genre hasn't brought anything that has captured my attention with a game. But that's what I love about games, someone might absolutely love a game, and someone else might hate that same game. It's all in who is playing the title.

That quote was absolutely beautiful and i couldn't agree more. you just earned yourself a spot in my sig.
Why thank you! :)
I firmly believe that too. Which is why I love gaming, there are so many variations of genres and variations within genres that there is a game out there for everyone.

Sadly, I don't think I've even played enough to contribute a legit Top 5. :( However, out of the games in my possession that I have played to any great extent, I suppose the ones I've gotten the most enjoyment out of (so far) would be:

(no particular order)
- Borderlands
- Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
- Valkyria Chronicles

...Can't even make a full five, haha. I've certainly enjoyed other games to some great extent or other, but I just don't think they quite compare to the amount of passion I had in these titles.

A friend picked up the original Borderlands for his system a while back, kind of on a whim, when I told him I'd heard some good things about it from E3 coverage, and we were pretty much instantly hooked liked crack fiends. (It was pretty bad, haha.) So of course I was ecstatic to get my own copy when I got my PS3. I believe it was actually my first game for it, if not Valkyria Chronicles. And of course I made sure to pick up the GotY edition, so I got to explore all of the DLC, some for the first time for myself. I eventually nabbed the platinum for it, although I'm still a little ways off from 100% (including DLC, I mean). To date, this might be the game I've played the most. I only recently obtained the second game, so I've hardly played it, but I assume it'll be similarly enjoyable, if not even better.

Sengoku Basara was more of a big deal for me just 'cause I enjoyed the anime, and after trying out the demo, I had high expectations for it. It didn't disappoint. (Well, aside from the lack of online play, but no biggie. I hardly play online anyway, heh.) Still working my way toward the platinum for this, although I've reached the point where it's kind of tedious progress. ^^; Still, I enjoy sitting down and plowing through a few levels with a friend now and then.

Valkyria Chronicles was one of those games that I kept hearing good/great things about online, and I tried the demo on a friend's PS3 before I got my own. Being a bit of a sucker for strat-RPG's to begin with, plus an avid anime fan (I watched the anime for this beforehand, which also helped in building hype), this game appealed to me in all sorts of ways, and the gameplay lived up to the hype. (Albeit with a few minor flaws.) While the game, sadly, doesn't have trophies, I did make sure to grab all 20 medals before putting the game down. I later picked up some of the DLC (wasn't interested in all of them, or at least not for the prices they were asking for them at the time, which have since dropped), although I haven't really gotten around to actually playing it yet... Holding off on that for a sort of "Playthrough 1.5," when I feel like getting back into the game. ^^; When the second game came out for PSP, I felt a little discouraged, but I picked it up when I got a PSP, and have enjoyed it plenty thus far. Shame we never got the third game, although I'm keeping my eye on a fan translation project, and have the original Japanese game bookmarked for later purchase.

Last edited:
5 games to cover an almost 10 year period, thats a tricky one...I guess, in no order, and cheating by bundling up some games. (but in my defense they are so similar that I could have wasted my whole list on 1-2 franchises.)

1.) LBP the original. There was something very fun about creating very goldburg-esque rigs to give your projects simple commands. It lost most of its charm for me when they just undid all of that with the circuits. Still though, it was an amazing community that still composes the majority of my friends list to this day.

2.) As much as I hate saying this next one, the Bethesda's babies. (Fallout and Elder Scrolls) As buggy as they were, and as poorly as they were handled on the PS3 they were still good games. They are one of the few games this generation that I can always go back to no matter how many times I got through it. If you know these games you know why they were good (and probably also know why they were bad.)

3.) Heavy Rain. It was a good interactive story. Unfortunately, so good that I could not dilute the experience by going back to seeing all the endings. I loved the ending I got, I made the choices I would have made. To do anything else just would not carry the same weight. It was also an interesting insight on how I would handle being a dad well before I knew I was going to be a dad. That leads me to my next game...

4.) The Last of Us. This might still be one of my favorite games of all time. I didn't want to buy into the hype, but it came out at a perfect time for me. I just had a daughter of my own, and I take after men like Joel so I immediately identified with the game on a personal level. Even if I were to completely ignore that bias I am still willing to admit it's one of the better examples of how games don't always have to feel good to be good. The few days I had to play that game were grueling, and borderline depressing, but I like to see developers work from the opposite end of the emotional range. Although I can't play a lot of games like this in a row you still need one good one like this a year to really shake things up.

5.) Uncharted series. ND knows how to make you feel like you are the main character in a movie. If that is their one trick then they know how to make it work, and it will make sure they continue to work for a long time. This series stirred up my long forgotten love for ancient architecture, and archeology. So much in fact that it was the inspiration for my trip to Nepal last year. (I even strapped my horseshoe beltbuckle onto my rutsack) Although nothing compares to climbing on a few of these ancient temples for yourself, or getting lost in the desolate Nar-Phu Valley I can definitely say that it itches that scratch when I remember I'm not allowed to sneak artifacts out of their native country, uncover unexplored temples, or kill countless mercenaries in an effort to uncover the secrets of the ancients.

Ask me for games and I shall bestow upon you a great list. Don't ask dudes like @BigPete7978

I honestly haven't felt drawn into a RPG game (mostly what you prefer) since the PS1 Final Fantasy titles, which include two of my favorite games ever on my list (FFVIII, FFVII).

I'm kind of torn right now. I agree with your theory of gun=shoot but I also agree with his listing of FF games. If, by the order, ff8>ff7. I will most likely ask you for recommendations, however, since I'm kind of stuck in this nostalgia rut. I cant seem to trust any franchise that I didn't play during the ps2 era (the infamous series is the only one I've been able to jump on). Although, I have been eying the Uncharted series. Just have to wait for some funds to clear before I can pull the trigger on the first 2.

I'm kind of torn right now. I agree with your theory of gun=shoot but I also agree with his listing of FF games. If, by the order, ff8>ff7. I will most likely ask you for recommendations, however, since I'm kind of stuck in this nostalgia rut. I cant seem to trust any franchise that I didn't play during the ps2 era (the infamous series is the only one I've been able to jump on). Although, I have been eying the Uncharted series. Just have to wait for some funds to clear before I can pull the trigger on the first 2.

Don't turn to him for RPGs haha

My Top 5 Favorite, in no order:
Uncharted Series
The Last of Us
Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Resistance: Fall of Man
(LBP and Burnout are very close though)

My opinion of Top 5 Best Games, again in no order:
Uncharted 2
The Last of Us
Red Dead Redemption
MGS4
LittleBigPlanet

2.) As much as I hate saying this next one, the Bethesda's babies. (Fallout and Elder Scrolls) As buggy as they were, and as poorly as they were handled on the PS3 they were still good games. They are one of the few games this generation that I can always go back to no matter how many times I got through it. If you know these games you know why they were good (and probably also know why they were bad.)

I love Bethesda games. At this point I am so used to the bugs that I don't even think anything of them anymore. I know that is probably a bad thing but I just love the games that much. I was able to platinum Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim without any major bugs so I got pretty lucky. I actually have about 300-400 hours into Fallout 3 with all my play throughs.

Granted I will say I haven't sat down and tried Suikoden at all. It may be awesome. But people are also telling me to play Grandia, Wild Arms, etc.
I remember i was going to play the first suikoden game. but it looked ugly. so i didn't.... I was like 8 tho, you can't blame me! I did play through Dragon warrior 3 at that age so you know, i got some RPG goods :)

These are only in the order that I thought about them.

1. Assassins Creed 2. I loved the setting and story.
2. Mass Effect series. Okay I only played 2 & 3 but if I have to pick one it's 2.
3. Uncharted series. Again if I have to pick one it's 2.
4. Rockstar's Arkham series. Hard to say which one I liked more. I liked City for being bigger in scope but I enjoy the thrill of playing a great Batman game in Asylum more.
5. Spec Ops: The Line. Loved this game for the story and the feel of the mechanics.

As a bonus pick, Burnout Paradise. I enjoyed it so much I bought it again after playing for hours on the 360.

My favorite 5 are:

Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Asylum
Red Dead Redemption
Bioshock Infinite
The Walking Dead

Honorable Mention: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I haven't played a ton of PS3 games yet, but what I have, I have spent a lot of time playing and have really enjoyed, whether buggy or whatever.
1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2. Diablo 3
3. Dynasty Warriors 8
4. Twisted Metal
5. Hrm, not really sure, like I said, haven't played a whole lot, and what I have, I don't feel would go on my list (I need to tackle my big stack of games someday, though!) I guess I will say Dead Island, it was fun enough.

In no particular order whatsoever:

Skyrim
Red Dead Redemption
Heavy Rain
Ni No Kuni
DC Universe Online

These are all based on fun factor and time played.

In no order
Uncharted 2
Batman: Arkam Asylum
MotorStorm: Apocalypse
Fallout 3
Assassins Creed 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member