Top 5 PS3 Games Ever

I think you might have mistyped some of your list. You have Heavenly Sword and Mirror's Edge on there. Just wanted to let you know so you could fix it.
Heavenly Sword is still one of the best games of last gen. It had amazing graphics for it's time. The facial animations and voice acting can stand with any game. The only thing it got blasted for was being exclusive to PS3 and its length. The game was between 6-10 hours long if you played at higher difficulty levels. The funny thing is that now some of the top games have even shorter campaigns and get near perfect scores.

Damn right they are on there, and yes I have tried Valkyria Chronicles (didn't care for it at all). All opinion bro. ;)

You aren't even human...

Mirror's Edge has to be one of my favorite 7th gen titles, what's wrong with his decision?

Joseph and I have a long standing argument over this game. He thinks it walks on water while I think it is an overrated piece of garbage that had terrible controls and some of the worst shooting mechanics ever invented.

You aren't even human...

Joseph and I have a long standing argument over this game. He thinks it walks on water while I think it is an overrated piece of garbage that had terrible controls and some of the worst shooting mechanics ever invented.
The game can easily be completed without even using a gun in it (which is the way it should be played). Controls took getting used to, but after that it's an awesome experience.

EDF = EVIL SPIDERS EVIL SPIDERS EVIL SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(kill a couple thousand for me would ya?)

Heh you crack me up Jacky! :D

I just checked my stats and after almost 80 hours of game play (and nowhere near finished!) you'll be happy to know that I have exterminated 3247 Spider-Type bugs! (and nowhere near finished!) Your welcome... :cool:

Heh you crack me up Jacky! :D

I just checked my stats and after almost 80 hours of game play (and nowhere near finished!) you'll be happy to know that I have exterminated 3247 Spider-Type bugs! (and nowhere near finished!) Your welcome... :cool:

AWESOME! and I'm pretty sure so far in my natural life I've killed less then that because I'm too busy running.

What was so bad about the controls? After playing other supposed "parkour" games like Brink, Assassin's Creed, and the Titanfall beta, I've realized that Mirror's Edge controls are just short of perfection as far as free-running goes. The level design is nothing short of brilliant, as even alternate/secondary paths allow you to build up appropriate speed as long as your timing is right (gotta pick up those feet when doing a horizontal leap). I won't defend the gunplay, but I will mention that DICE obviously made the game in such a manner that gunplay is heavily discouraged.

Not to mention that the game was absolutely gorgeous, by far my favorite game this gen as far as visuals go.
2012-07-31_00002.jpg

What was so bad about the controls? After playing other supposed "parkour" games like Brink, Assassin's Creed, and the Titanfall beta, I've realized that Mirror's Edge controls are just short of perfection as far as free-running goes. The level design is nothing short of brilliant, as even alternate/secondary paths allow you to build up appropriate speed as long as your timing is right (gotta pick up those feet when doing a horizontal leap). I won't defend the gunplay, but I will mention that DICE obviously made the game in such a manner that gunplay is heavily discouraged.

Not to mention that the game was absolutely gorgeous, by far my favorite game this gen as far as visuals go.
View attachment 149

I can't make it past training, i have trouble with the control schemes. i blame my other games for that

View attachment 149
I couldn't agree with this more. +1
The game was a mixture of free running and puzzle at the same time. I absolutely loved it.

The game can easily be completed without even using a gun in it (which is the way it should be played). Controls took getting used to, but after that it's an awesome experience.
lame excuse. If you are going to put something in a game then make it work. don't hide behind this "you can beat the game without it" excuse. Maybe I want to shoot every idiot I come across!

lame excuse. If you are going to put something in a game then make it work. don't hide behind this "you can beat the game without it" excuse. Maybe I want to shoot every idiot I come across!
That's like saying the melee combat in most FPS games is horrible (which it is), but it gets a pass because it is a shooter by default.

That's like saying the melee combat in most FPS games is horrible (which it is), but it gets a pass because it is a shooter by default.
the melee combat is at least functional and occasionally fun to use..which is more than I can say for gun combat in Mirror's Edge. They should have just never included it at all.

Bioshock Infinite constantly gets a pass for it's horse shit shooting, and it was a primary gameplay mechanic. Shooting in ME can barely even be considered a secondary mechanic since it's all but useless on the hardest difficulty (the game doesn't even give you a reticle).

I really don't see what the big deal is, games add poorly implemented and unnecessary crutches all the time (TLOU's whisper mode, for example)

I don't have too much of an experience on the PS3 as I came into it super late (about half a year before PS4's release) but I have played enough to make a list for myself, so here we go:

5) Sonic Generations: As a sonic fan since SA1, this was one of the best sonic titles I've played in a long time. The speed is great, the platforming is fun, and the levels are awesome to replay, The only thing that I didn't like about this game was the final boss and the themes of the levels (which were fan chosen I believe).

4) Rayman Legends: This. This is a platformer done right. The levels are fun, the game is not cheap, the story is simple for a platformer, and the multiplayer led to great times. You don't even need much experience of Rayman to enjoy this game.

3)Borderlands 2: I am not much into shooters or RPGs, but this one captured my interest and held it throughout the game. Mostly due to the story and comedy the game provides (butt-stallion and bonerfarts come to mind) the abilities system was fun, and finding new weapons was satisfying when better than my current weapons. My only problems with this game was multiplayer when I wasn't hosting (probably on my end though) and grinding for level ups when going from story mission to story mission.

2) Saints Row: The Third: this was one game I had an awesome experience with. The story was interestingly weird, the gameplay was fun, and it was hilarious overall. This was also my first real open-world game not counting sampling GTA 3 at a cousin's house. Best part about this game: running around as a sentient toilet with an octopus bazooka hypnotizing people to do my bidding. Not joking.

1) Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F: Seeing as I love rhythm games, this game goes on the top of the list. the song list was amazing for me (impressive since I went into this blind), the graphics are great for late PS3, the gameplay was addicting, and the other modes are decent enough to warrant time to put it for me. The edit mode is also keeping me glued to the game at the moment, now that I figured out how to use it effectively. The game's only problem is that you are forced to play normal to unlock hard, and repeat to unlock expert.

This list is only current as I am still buying games for this system and it might be a long time before I jump on the PS4 bandwagon. I do plan on getting games such as No More Heroes Paradise, the Batman Arkham games (maybe skip on Origins from what I'm hearing), the LBP games, and many others. I would like to hear what others would recommend though.

Bioshock Infinite constantly gets a pass for it's horse shit shooting, and it was a primary gameplay mechanic. Shooting in ME can barely even be considered a secondary mechanic since it's all but useless on the hardest difficulty (the game doesn't even give you a reticle).

I really don't see what the big deal is, games add poorly implemented and unnecessary crutches all the time (TLOU's whisper mode, for example)

The shooting in ME was a joke and one of the reasons I didn't make it too far into the game. Shooting in Bioshock Infinite is not bad, I never had any issue with it.

The shooting in ME was a joke and one of the reasons I didn't make it too far into the game. Shooting in Bioshock Infinite is not bad, I never had any issue with it.
Did you ever try playing the game the way it was meant to be played, you know without shooting.

Did you ever try playing the game the way it was meant to be played, you know without shooting.

Give me a gun and I shoot, that is just my mentality as a gamer. If they wanted me to really run, they wouldn't have even included the gun part of it.

As someone who skipped the last gen of PS3 gaming and is just now going back, I love threads like this.

I've got a bunch of nostalgia picks. I Just need to get going on the more obscure games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urithit
Back
monitoring_string = "c4568df34a4eab80a0d9879fe9bce549"